If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Vidya Gaems General

Comments

• This just depresses the hell out of me. They're basically saying that depicting women as bloody sex dolls is "just common sense" in Japan because of drastically different morals or some other bullshit excuse. Though I wouldn't really expect anything else out of a developer like Team Ninja.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

I'm getting Cross Assault flashbacks from that.

• Kichigai birthday!!
    Team Ninja should just become eroge developers, you can tell they just want hot girls in their games and don't care about gameplay.

Anyway, I hope people won't think their opinions about women in videogames represent those of the entire country of Japan
  • ^ Japanese people don't play PC games that aren't MMOs or Visual Novels, and you can't have ero on a console.

• But you never had any to begin with.

Diablo III was in the top 10 charts in Japan back in May.

• edited 2012-08-23 15:04:54
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Diablo III is pretty much an MMO.

• But you never had any to begin with.

Four people is nowhere near an MMO.

The entire game is designed around an online real-money auction house. MMO.

• edited 2012-08-24 13:10:51
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/119259-Balance-of-Power-Creator-Says-Kickstarter-Used-To-Be-Cool

>Guy who hasn't done anything noteworthy in gaming in the last two decades posts a Kickstarter
    >Spends the first full minute of his pitch talking about how awesome he is even though you've never heard of him
    >It's for an edutainment game -- a tough sell even with a good pitch
    >Blames its failure on Kickstarter not being any good anymore 

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

> edutainment

The best way to do edutainment is to not tell people--including yourself--that it's edutainment.

The worst part is that it's for an environmental simulation, and he doesn't seem to realize that several games have already done that and made it more interesting than he was planning to.

• edited 2012-08-24 14:12:09
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

On the topic of environmental sims, I want to like Fate of the World, but it's hard to figure out what does what sometimes.

Yeah, I played it for a bit after the holiday sale, but...eh.

I kind of wanted to try Anno 2070, but it's a Ubisoft PC game, and they haven't lowered the price in almost a year since release.

• edited 2012-08-24 14:34:12
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Well, I keep on doing intuitive things like, trying to give people social services if they're angry, and I actually end up neglecting environmental concerns much of the time, only sneaking some in when they're not angry.

And the Middle East is NEVER not angry.

There are tech trees in that game but I haven't learned them yet.

I've played a few hours of it (mostly offline, so it doesn't show on my Steam record...which I might as well just go and fake to make it more accurate anyway), so I can't say I've played all that much of it.  Problem is that it's thinking-intensive, and I can't really multitask it with something else.

Of course, this is a problem with a lot of games I like.

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    Ok you know what

I’m going to download and try out the Recettear demo. 

Capitalism ho, bitches. 

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

I might do that also. 

• Out of curiosity, did it have anything to do with the Recettear picture posted in the picture thread?

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

Sort of in that it reminded me it exists.

Where is this picture?

Oh, that.

• edited 2012-08-24 23:53:07
    MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

It's on the queue as soon as I finish Abyss and Strange Journey.

The character interactions are endearing and it's got a relaxing element to it, thanks to the gameplay and aesthetics.

I've never actually finished Recettear. I keep restarting it. I've definitely had my money's worth of fun though.

Anyway, in replaying TWEWY, I'm really impressed at how much of the stuff that seemed like unnecessary filler the first time around is actually indispensable to the story, themes or both.
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

I just finished a playthrough of Borderlands with a buddy of mine, and while the game is fun as hell, it had probably the worst ending I have ever seen in a video game.

It is the worst no more:

• Definitely not gay.

Okay, let me get this straight.

You expect me to hatch a chicken to wake some bum up. After that, you expect me to get another blue chicken to wake a punk who lives in the woods up. After waking him up, he gives you a mushroom to give to a crazy old lady or something. The crazy old lady turns it into medicine, but I can't give it to the punk because he has randomly become a skeleton monster. I get his saw and give it to a carpenter, who gives me a broken blade which was apparently forged by a giant fucking rock person who lives on top of a mountain. The giant fucking rock person tells me to get him eye medication from a king of fish people, who tells me to get the medication from another crazy old lady. I need to get the medication to the top of the mountain in four minutes so that Mr. Giant Fucking Rock Person can give me the strongest weapon in the game.

What.

The.

Fuck?

• You can change. You can.

Hey strength must be earned.

even if it's via errands

• Definitely not gay.

It's just the sheer WTF nature of said errands that confounds me.

• There is love everywhere, I already know

TWEWY Countdown was for an iOS port.

See here.

Apparently it's a Final Mix-ey thing though, so not only do I not get to play it (Don't have iPhone/iPad/whatever) it also contains new info that I'll be left out on.

On the bright side, it's getting localized!