If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Vidya Gaems General

Comments

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Makes sense. It's one of the enemies that you can pretty much shoot indefinitely with no consequences.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

I ws hiding in the church waaaay up above.

I shot it to death by shooting it in the ass every time it charged me, forgot about me, and turned to walk away as I stood in the doorway to the church.

You could probably also do it from the platform I drop-attack it from, since if you're on that platform and aggro it, it won't be able to reach you.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

It's a pain in the ass to try and aim and shoot at it from there, is all.

True. Really fun to get it to charge into a wall then kill it from above though ^_^

• They're somethin' else.

>iorilaugh.avi

• But you never had any to begin with.
    I killed the steel boar with a combination of fireballs and the Drake Sword.

Normally this is where I would rant about the Drake Sword, but the boar is contained in the ten minutes where the Drake Sword is legitimately a decent weapon, so I'll give you a pass.

• @Schizo: From how the latest trailer looks, it looks less like DMC and more like a less subtle version of They Live. I mean, DMC has never been subtle, like at all, but get a load of this trailer. There's literally words like "Obesity" and "kill Dante" flashing in the background.

• Definitely not gay.

Anyone see Fistful of Rupees yet?

Wouldn't that be one rupee?

• It's apparently a Zelda/Fistful of Dollars mash-up.

Wouldn't really call it very good.

• edited 2012-08-09 12:18:23
    Definitely not gay.

But it's a ZELDA WESTERN

Admittedly, it wasn't a very deep film. 

As far as fan films of NES games go, it wasn't so bad. I liked it better than that one Mega Narm film and There-Will-Be-Are-You-Expecting-Me-To-Take-A-Fucking-Serial-Killer-Kirby-Seriously-Brawl.

• edited 2012-08-09 12:41:17
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

So...apparently, Australians will be the first ones to get the Dark Souls PC version. Maybe the 2012 thing wasn't so far off.

There-Will-Be-Are-You-Expecting-Me-To-Take-A-Fucking-Serial-Killer-Kirby-Seriously-Brawl

Um...I'm pretty sure they weren't. That series was pretty much entirely comedic.

Started SpecOps: The Line. Got up to THAT scene. I think I'm going to vomit, and then cry for an hour.

So, I want to go back to SpecOps now because it's really, really good (with the understanding that goodness and fun aren't always the same thing), but...I'm not sure I can right now.

Played another hour or so. Reached another bit that made me want to curl up into a little ball. Time for another break.

• edited 2012-08-09 21:13:30
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

Wow, I really need to play that game.  I'm always up for getting emotionally destroyed.

• edited 2012-08-09 21:15:30

Every aspect of this game, down to the loading screens, mission objective names and achievements, is trying to make me feel like a horrible person. Successfully.

• edited 2012-08-09 21:15:44

I don't know anything about that game except that it's Gears of War with colors and bloom everywhere.  What exactly is so... emotional? I guess?

• edited 2012-08-09 21:18:35

You know how most games that claim to be ultra-realistic, gritty war titles are actually "war but everything's fun and awesome?" This game takes the opposite route.

And the bloom is very deliberate. Sometimes you can't see what you're shooting at, and that's just too damn bad.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

> DmC boss walkthrough

I hear Cantonese

• Probably because that video was taken in Hong Kong.

That's what I guessed as well.

• edited 2012-08-09 22:01:07

played another half hour.

taking another break.

should probably do something else for the rest of the night.

• edited 2012-08-10 01:02:02

Dark Souls people, help me out here. Out of this image of Lordran, what portion would you estimate is explorable? I know that at the very least, if you were to cut it in half diagonally, a little more than the bottom-right half is, but I'm not quite sure how far it goes past that.

For bonus points, estimate the diameter of the circle Nah, I can manage that part.

• My arms are falling off!

All I have to say about the La-Mulana remake's Shrine of the Mother is: Mother of Mother, this place is more terrifying than in the original.

...need to buy La-Mulana remake...rising...

• edited 2012-08-10 13:15:40

That's a mistaken rumor. He moved to a different Bioware studio.

And he was at Bioware Austin, which didn't do anything for ME3; it's the The Old Republic studio.