If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

The Legend of Korra

Comments

• You can change. You can.

Or she lost her family, home, and livelihood and is trying to hold on to what she has left?

the show doesn't touch on any of this post-facto. All it does is portray Asami as jealous of Korra and insecure about her relationship. Is her position right? Like I said, it is. But it's badly written. 

• We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year

oh my god

what kind of bullshit twist is that

• I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

This show just got a whole lot stupider.

• We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year

and of course Korra approaches the revelation with her characteristic lack of subtlety

• I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

And of course there's another twist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...and you can use firebending to fly now?

Azula did it in "The Boiling Rock".

A SECOND PLANE HAS HIT THE FACE MASK

AAAAAAAAAAAAAND MAKORRA END

And a nice murder-suicide to finish off the episode. And the Avatar State was even more of a deus ex machina than I had been expecting. And look, now they kiss. And she can fix everybody's bending! Hooray happy ending no ambiguity or depth!

Jesus Christ, how the Hell did this show go to shit so quickly?

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

That was a pretty good joke. Kudos, Wicked.

Like they literally ended the show with a Deus ex Machina. Literally, as in "God Aang showed up and fixed everyone's problems and made everything good!"

Remember when we were all looking forward to this show tackling more complex issues like privilege status and the relationship between spirituality and the Avatar? Fuck that, make the shippers happy!

I really should not be this mad at a TV show.

• edited 2012-06-23 11:11:55
    He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

"God Aang showed up and fixed everyone's problems and made everything good!"

Sorry to break it to you but Energybending in the original show was a deus ex machina on itself, that it can restore bending is really not that farfetched compared to the idea that it can de-bend individuals.

Had they had more time, I suppose they could've expanded on it further and written it better.

I'm not a fan of all of the remaining problems of the show being solved in about ~1 minute

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

It's not like it wasn't originally going to be a single season show, but your point stands.

I'm also rather surprised that they managed to get away with an unambiguous murder-suicide. 

• They're somethin' else.

I know the amount of screen time they've been greenlit for has forced them to rush things, but... holy shit that was bad. Like, good, but bad. Really bad.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

I wasn't expecting much after they said who Amon was but argh what? I'm sorry, but the whole 12 episode thing doesn't explain THAT particular development.

• Shipping and the last minute aside, that was a pretty good finale.

I'm also rather surprised that they managed to get away with an unambiguous murder-suicide.

I actually said to myself "huh, Amon has a Nice Boat" right before that happened.

But yeah, it was funny to contrast that with the way they scrupulously showed the fighter pilots parachuting.

If I could edit gifs, I'd love to make one with the parachutes ejecting from the speedboat.

• I'm a damn twisted person

Eh blah blah blah standard kids show fare. I really wish the had stretched out the plot of Korra learning to airbend and get in touch with the past Avatars for the driving plot of the second season. Going around and actually looking at her role as Avatar and the damage Amon caused. I mean I was expecting Avatar State to show up eventually and fix everything, but not quite that quick.

• No rainbow star
    I am kind of annoyed with the ending. Why not make Season Two a quest for Korra to get her bending back?

Probably would have benefitted from three seasons - one with Tarrlok as the finale villain, then everything after that up to the end of this episode being expanded to a full season two

Also, how does Bloodbending allow for cutting off bending, anyways?

CountryPumpkin: That seemed less Avatar State than what Aang did to get spirit bending. The avatar state seemed more like a confidence booster than anything else

Also, silly Amon, you could have swam away and become a martyr instead of throwing a hissy fit!

ICalasari - I guess rupturing the parts of the brain related to bending? Geeze that's a spooky thought, Amon routinely causing brain damage to folks. As for Amon coming back to fight Korra, the guy, keeping with the villains he owes a lot to(Dr. Doom, Magneto) is proud as all fuck. He wouldn't take defeat lying down.

• No rainbow star
    ^ It would explain why they fainted, but not why water bending didn't heal anyone

I think for the most part, water bending healing has a time limit to how fresh an injury it can heal. 

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

So yeah, that ending was dumb but my expectations have been consistently lowered by this show so it didn't bug me that much. The action was at least good and there were some nice character moments, though nothing as satisfying as TLA and it was kind of frustrating how Asami kind of drops out of the picture conveniently. I'm just hoping she ties Mako and sticks pins into him while chanting 'kirikirikiriii!'

I do have to say that it's pretty amusing seeing keyboard warriors in a kerfuffle that the show didn't handle a delicate issue with the greatest of brilliance in twelve episode kids show.

If they cut out the shipping crap, they probably would have have had like 2 whole more episodes. One to just focus on Tarlok and Amon would have been great.

But no, shipping drama.
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

Man, if shipping continues to legitimately drag down shows like this it might give me a legitimate reason to hate shippers.

• No rainbow star