If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

The thread for pimping Kickstarters.

Comments

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

1500 left and it's increasing every time I refresh.

• a little muffled

It made it. Yay! I guess?

Gogo somehow making $450k in the next 45 minutes.

• edited 2012-09-10 18:23:27
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Someone just made a very large donation.

And then people flooded to increase their 25 pledges to 50.

• edited 2012-09-10 18:27:12
    a little muffled

If I were to go up, I'd go to $60 rather than $50; it is an insane amount of extra value for $10 more.

Oh, hey, you're right.

Probably shouldn't be throwing this much around, but DC decided to make all their releases suck this month, so my budget is a little larger.

• a little muffled

They just said on the celebration stream that they're going to come up with some kind of bonus if they get more than 7000 backers as well.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    So Amanda Palmer's kickstarter'd album just came out, and it's really really good.

So excited to see her live.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

Sweet. Thanks for the fast linking; I managed to be an early backer.

That said...it's Obsidian. Unless they get triple what they ask for or something ridiculous like that, it's going to be a buggy mess.

I've loved every Obsidian game I've played, bugs or no, so I'm in without a second thought.

• edited 2012-09-14 14:09:12
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Oh, don't get me wrong. It will be an awesome buggy mess. Being a buggy mess isn't a dealbreaker for me; my favorite PC game is a buggy mess.

• It's Obsidian without a publisher rushing them, like Dungeon Siege III. No need to worry here.

True, but their budget will set a pretty strict schedule.
  • edited 2012-09-14 15:26:17

That's true. Hopefully they blow way past their goal, though, as it seems they're doing quite well just so far today. But for an April 2014 release date they should have a good amount of time, South Park and (co-development of) Wasteland 2 will keep them pretty busy almost up until then though. That's a bit worrying considering they're a relatively small company at this point so I'm sure there'd be a lot of overlap.

Damn, almost at 400k already. Impressive. This one might break some records.
  • Yeah, even Homestuck only got $457,344 the first day, this is really exciting!

I might actually have to back at the 140 or 250 level. This one has some pretty awesome stuff.
  • Yeah, I'm at just $65 right now, but that t-shirt and cloth map are probably going to woo me into the Collector's Edition sometime over the next month, just like Wasteland 2 did.

I'm partly looking at the physical collector's book, which seems to be or include a TRPG version of the game.

The map is pretty sweet too.

I'm going to have to be frugal for a bit if I go that high though, which would mean no Dishonored :c
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

@Project-Eternity: Backed in a hearbeat.

• The physical collector's book isn't until $250. I'm hoping I won't bump up THAT much, but 32 days is a long time for my wallet to suffer...

And consider this an investment compared to Dishonored. It'll be fine and still be there whenever you get the cash, it's Bethesda and a media darling.

True; I can probably get Dishonored cheaper from the Steam holiday sale anyway.
    I pledged 35, but I might consider bumping it up. 35 has been about my Kickstarter limit so far, but I like Obsidian (and want this project to work out) so much that it might be worth it for me.
    I think I pledged over 50 to Serpent's Tongue and 60 to SolForge, IIRC, but this will likely set my new record.
  • The closest I've come is $50 for Wasteland 2, and I'm already at $65 for this.

And for those who had been wondering about records, it's already over $110k past Homestuck's first-day earnings.

I don't think Homestuck held the first- day record.
  • edited 2012-09-14 20:06:57

Who did then? For video games, at least.

Edit: Prolly Ouya, but not really counting that because lol Ouya.

And Wasteland 2 got like $13k more apparently.

Might be Double Fine Adventure or Ouya.
  • Definitely not Double Fine, checked that already, but yeah Ouya got like $1.1 million first day (XD) and Wasteland 2 even got like $470k.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

Yeah, OUYA doesn't count because the average donation amount was much higher. At least I think, can anyone provide stats for that?