If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

The thread for pimping Kickstarters.

Comments

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

Cucumber Quest, one of my favorite webcomics, is being published in printed form.

To the uninitiated, it's a charming little comic done by the artist who did all those awesome Persona 4/MGS fan comics.

• edited 2012-05-03 20:00:55
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Oh, man, I forgot to rebookmark that comic when I got a new computer.

I would totally donate to that if I had moneys.

• Other people here like Cucumber Quest? =D

We need it to get to $55k for updates FOUR DAYS A WEEK!

• I'm a damn twisted person

Pledged to Dust. I ended up going with the complete digital option because I am a sucker for art books

• We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year

Tammany Hall, a board game based on the Tammany Hall political machine, is getting reprinted and released.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

Never thought I would pre-empt INUH on this one, but Dust has officially been funded!

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

I was busy posting the thing I was posting in IJBMer Updates, which you should definitely look at RIGHT NOW.

• It's not a game, but The Memory Eater Anthology looks pretty neat.

• Republique -just- squeaked over the line.

^Awesome. I wasn't able to donate to that, but I wanted to see it happen.

Anyway, Serpent's Tongue has less than 48 hours left, so anyone who wanted to donate to it should probably do so.

• Damn, didn't realize Pebble would sell out. For some reason I thought it was like one of the drives where they get the money and use that to determine how many to make. Ah, well, probably just saves me from spending $125 on something I don't really need.

So, Serpent's tongue has 23 hours left, and it has a new announcement and reach goal.

I dunno how many people here, if anyone, are pledging to it, but I am, and I'm very much looking forward to the playtesting phase for the next couple of months, which I will be playing over Skype some. So if anyone on IJBM is getting it, we should set up a game or something once the playtesting stuff goes out.

Well, Serpent's Tongue is finished, with over 195,000 dollars.

I'll be talking about my experience with playtesting it, but that's a matter for a different thread.

• MrWMrW
    edited 2012-05-14 14:45:57

Not a game, but still very cool. 

Basically it can make anything function as an input device, like Play-Doh as an NES controller or a banana as a space bar.

That is amazingly cool.

But I'm not sure I can afford it T_T

• 35 dollars a pop doesn't sound bad though.

Yeah, but I've been spending a lot of money lately. I wound up dropping $67 on Serpent's Tongue, and it's not the only thing I've bought lately.

• Deepworld looks pretty awesome, though it only has 71 hours to get $8600.

Ooh, that looks interesting. Kinda like Terraria, but different enough to justify its existence. Certainly worth the $5 pledge level.

• Yeah, for $5 I figure it's easily worth it. The idea of a MMO-ish sandbox sounds pretty cool to me. And it looks pretty compared to Minecraft and Terraria (to me, anyways), so that's a nice little plus. And the eventual iOS release intrigues me.

It doesn't especially look prettier than either of those to me, but it does look distinct, and it looks good, I'll say that much.

Oh, hey, their official site uses modified Vanilla.

• Not pimping this one, just thought it looked really O_O

Wut.

• It's already funded wtf

• It's got nearly double its goal.
  • Yeabuhwuh.ktpd

Kicked in for the $35 of Makey and the $15 of Deepworld. I want to see how close I can get to pretending I have an omnitool with the former.

• edited 2012-05-15 03:18:05

Tex Murphy: Project Fedora is up, and already got over $47k of its $450k goal. In case this seems odd to you, Tex Murphy is a classic adventure series where you play as a private investigator in cyberpunk dystopian San Francisco and is regarded as being very good. Basically, another awesome throwback like Wasteland 2. If you like adventure games, you might as well check it out. It's only $15, after all.

And all five vintage Tex Murphy games are available on GOG.

• edited 2012-05-15 20:49:59

Word Realms! From the creators of Kingdom of Loathing!

It's basically Scrabble, if it were a turn based RPG. They're already going to make it as a single-player game, but if the project is funded, they'll get started on making it an MMO!