If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

The thread for pimping Kickstarters.

Comments

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

^True, but I think a way of adding a little more weight to skills other than picking the best cards is a good idea.

Anyway, Dust is now at 65k. Apparently it's been getting a lot of viral publicity of late. I think it might make it.

• ^That's awesome news. If it makes it, I'll definitely look for it later on, however it gets distributed...

• edited 2012-04-30 23:44:51
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Another update: Serpent's Tongue hit 60k, meaning backers get in on the printable playtest. Apparently by giving feedback during May and June, backers will be able to earn even more bonus cards and Avak'Shar (the currency that lets you buy any card).

I wonder if people will be playing this game over Skype or something?

• edited 2012-05-01 00:26:39

Holy crap, Dust has gotten another thousand dollars since my last post.

where doing it man

where MAKING THIS HAPEN

• I'm honestly more excited about that than anything else you mentioned. Well, maybe Nesl too.

• edited 2012-05-01 01:02:00
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

Speaking of Table Top games, this sounds incredibly useful.

That does seem very cool.
  • ^^ Now that I definitely would've pledged for if I'd seen it last night. Still, pretty exciting that it's happening.

So, Dust is up for project of the month in a poll on this site. People should vote for it.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

Here's a Kickstarter for a webseries based on the Fallout universe.

Has anyone seen the first season? I want to know if it was any good before I pledge for this.

• I've seen it! I quite enjoyed it, for an independent webseries the production values are pretty amazing. I think the acting was fine at the least, if not pretty darn good at times, and...ah, darn it, I can't help you. I'm such an accepting, uncritical person. But I think it's good and you should pledge.

• edited 2012-05-01 19:51:49

Just watched the first season (didn't take long; the whole thing is under half an hour) and yeah, that was pretty good. Might pledge to that. It's got some time left, so I'll take awhile to make up my mind.

Dust update: it's at 68,000.

• edited 2012-05-01 23:57:21

A Serpent's Tongue gameplay video is up:

Like what I'm seeing. The new player is able to decode the simple spells without too much difficulty. I didn't realize that some spells had hand gestures too.

I like the ritual mechanic.

The one thing that bothers me about the video is that there are four players, but they only ever show three of the players' turns.

• edited 2012-05-02 18:27:46

Breaking Dust News:

They broke 70K. And what's more, one of their backers has agreed to match every dollar pledged today and tomorrow, up to $2500. This includes pledge increases.

So that could very well be another 5000 dollars, and you can help now more than ever.

I increased my pledge to the Digital Combo Package (wish I could get the blu-ray, but I don't have the money).

• edited 2012-05-02 19:57:48

Holy fuck, Dust went crazy after that announcement. It's been an hour and a half since I posted that, and it's gained around $1800 in that time.

• Okay, Storybricks looks really neat. It's basically a toolset for making RPG's and MMORPG's, and it seems like it could be pretty useful.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

That is pretty damn cool indeed. 

Hmmm...looks interesting. I wonder how good the AI is (I guess that would be measured on a sliding scale of Oblivion to Dwarf Fortress).

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

That looks pretty cool.

And I hope Dust gets the money in time.  It looks really promising.

• edited 2012-05-03 10:28:16

Well, it's raised $5500 in the last five hours, so I think it has a pretty good chance.

Kicktraq estimates its total at about $81000, and that's based on its average rate so far, not factoring in that it's accelerating (it had 88 new backers today).

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
  • edited 2012-05-03 00:03:02

This is pretty neat. A retrospective of the year on Kickstarter, the first volume of which will focus on gaming because gaming was the sector that took off this year.

Dunno how likely it is to succeed, but all backers even at the $3 level get a PDF of it, so I'd say that's worth pledging.

With 60 hours left, Dust is now at $77,346. Things are looking good.

• Holy shit, you guys, that game Republique got David Hayter and Jennifer Hale to sign on to it. Now I want it to succeed.

• edited 2012-05-03 12:55:07

Damn. That's pretty awesome.

Sadly, I'm pretty much at my limit as far as pledges go.

Hope that boosts its popularity, because right now...

• edited 2012-05-03 13:05:36
    Definitely not gay.

Kanto Reorchestrated...holy balls

-fap fap fap-

Ooh, that's pretty cool.

Anyway, DUST IS AT $83000.

Hell yes.

• Holy shit, you guys, that game Republique got David Hayter and Jennifer Hale to sign on to it. Now I want it to succeed.

Wow, even if I didn't know they were in that looks fantastic. Pledged ten bucks.

• Battle Chess seems to be provoking the same illogical nostalgia in me as Wasteland 2 did.

Looks pretty cool, though I've never liked chess much.