If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

The Old Republic

Comments

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

welp

I'll post an hour or so before I start to play tomorrowday. If you're free, just say so and jump on. And, uh, post your character's name again. >_>

If not, well, there's always some other time :p

• edited 2012-05-13 11:15:42
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    You're a Consular, right?

My pub character is named Tarwin.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

I'm a Consular, a Shadow to be precise.

i still have no idea how the fuck i can tank so well when i'm literally wearing a robe

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    because the force

I GIVE NO FUCKS IF YOU ARE SHOOTING ME WITH A CANNON

I AM WEARING CLOTHING

YOUR CANNON DOES NOT SCARE ME

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    FUCK YOUR LIGHTSABER, I GOT CLOTHES

Bitch, I got a lightsaber and clothes

But seriously. For a character dressed entirely in Light Armour...

Actually, I find it amusing how I went from yesterday being unable to tank a single silver Elite on Belsaris, to today being able to tank two silver Elites and a gold Elite at once, simply because I spent the day doing quests on planets I mostly skipped over previously, getting a few pieces of upgraded gear for Tharan and a better lightsaber crystal/hilt.

And some better amorings/mods/enhancements i guess

I somehow managed to get myself an extra 2k health in two levels, and I increased Tharan's healing output by 60%. And somehow increased my threat generation.

And now hitting people in the face with my lightsaber and then throwing rocks at them is an integral part of my strategy.

I'll be logging on in a bit over an hour.

it says you are online but I can't message you or add you to a group or anything

• edited 2012-05-13 20:24:12
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    wat

i'm not online

i'm at work

then why is your name on my friends list

like, with your name, and your location and level and stuff

alkthash's name is just greyed out, yours isn't

• edited 2012-05-14 10:37:44
    If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

okay

reached level 45 today

and finished Voss

how the fuck they expect me to take a dreadnaught single-handedly i don't even know

then again, i guess i did raise that entire army single-handedly

and enlisted the aid of a bunch of mythical voss healers and elite commandos

and killed several of the children of the emperor

and am training a padawan who is a member of a very rare species who we have only ever seen like two of

goddammit how do i keep getting myself into these situations

and more to the point, how do i keep surviving them. i wield a fucking yellow laser beam as my only weapon and i wear fucking clothes

and for that matter, how do i keep not only surviving the missions, but actually pulling them off

seriously, goddammit

and now

if you are up to it tomorrow, forz

^ you didn't even capture the ship, you got it blown up and your own man had to eject in an emergency and is stuck in imperial territory

we have colicoid war games and we need a third player to come shoot giant bugs with us halp

• God in Heaven, Taris is just too BIG.

Every time I turn in one quest, there's three more to do. I'm getting the hell off this fuckball with its bestial Force-wielding zombies and its pirates and its needy natives and its spine-tigers.
  • I'm a damn twisted person

Yeah... about that. Get used to big planets from now on. And save up money to buy a speeder and training ASAP. You will need it.

• edited 2012-05-16 19:39:59
    If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

God in Heaven, Taris is just too BIG.

Wait until you get to Tatooine. Or Belsavis. Or Voss. Or Hoth. Or Alderaan. Or Corellia. Or... you get the point.

something i have noticed about TOR is that bioware seems to be unsure of themselves in making this game

they don't know what they want this game to be, so they're trying to add a little bit of everything; social points, legacy, PVP, PvE, space combat, crafting, flashpoints/operations. but because they're not focused, they don't know what they want to put the focus on, and so everything feels kind of half-finished.

i'm holding out hope that when bioware finally figures out how they want the game to be, it will improve significantly.

Space combat is just a side bonus for quick XP and money. I do wish there would be better ways for getting a group together for a flashpoint or a heroic besides spamming general chat or your guild with requests. ANd LFG tags are helpful, but they only do so much. Crafting would be a lot better if the gathering times for higher level stuff was cut in half. 

But yeah, they are trying to hit anything and everything and appeal to anybody and everybody. 

space combat could be a really cool aspect of the game if it was pulled off the rails and you were allowed to customize your own ship

i mean, think about it

- customizable ships, including the ability to put multiple shields or multiple turrets on, meaning that everyone can actually have a ship which does different stuff. faster ships, tougher ships, ships with incredible shield regeneration, ships with a trillion rockets, ships with next to no defences but overwhelming firepower, etc

- the ability to loot like... hull pieces and stuff from enemy ships you blow up, meaning your ships can actually look different

- allowing guilds to purchase big ships/orbital stations/stuff, just because it would be fuckawesome to turn up in a war in your dreadnaught

- pvp combat and pve combat

i mean, imagine if, before we did Maelstrom Prison, there was a minigame where we had to fly in to Maelstrom Prison using the map we found in Taral V, avoiding the Imperial Fleet and all

okay

because it's not this TOR thread if I'm not cementing my status as someone with three times as many posts as you all

does anyone have a particular time when they might be available to play, to run flashpoints or heroics or whatever

I'll be on tomorrow at the regular time. I guess social points running and datacron hunting were the plans?

welp

I was gonna try and organize to run Colicoid War Games, but as our disastrous attempt the other day showed, we need at least three people to run those turrets, and Lin ain't high leveled enough.

In the meantime, we can go datacron hunting, wooo

• I can play today. And the next day. And the next day.

I'm just not sure if I should.

i'd do it anyway

Bluh, i'll be on later than normal today. fuckin shopping

• So I'm going about my usual interwebs business when I see an ad.  Usually I ignore those, but this one was TOR related, so I looked at it.

I saw the word "free".

I also saw the word "trial".

WOOHOO! :D

So I have downloaded the game and will be logging in and creating a character shortly, assuming this PC I bought back in 2007 is able to handle the game.  If all goes well, which server can I find you guys on?

You can find us on The Razor.

Sorry, I didn't even think about a trial. I could have sent you a week's trial via e-mail.

My mains are called Noximillian (Republic) and Unave (Imperial).

• You can find us on The Razor.

Sorry, I didn't even think about a trial. I could have sent you a week's trial via e-mail.

My mains are called Noximillian (Republic) and Unave (Imperial).

Awesome, thanks!  And don't worry about not sending me a trial; I never though to ask since I figured people would want to give those to friends/family/etc, and I haven't spent enough time on IJBM getting to know you all where I'd feel comfortable asking.  I very much appreciate the thought, though. :)

Launcher is downloading a shit-ton of video right now, but the good news is that it's more than halfway finished...

Yeah, the game has a fuckload of video. Basically any time you can talk to an NPC, it's a cutscene, not just a popup dialogue box like in World of Warcraft.

• Finally got done downloading it, and I've rolled a Chiss Bounty Hunter named Faress.  (I would've made a Twi'lek, but was surprised to see that there were racial restrictions.)  I've added Unave as a friend, Nova.