If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

The Old Republic

Comments

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

You don't really unlock the legacy system until the first time you finish chapter 1. Which class are you making, though?

oh no don't tell me the entire plague storyline is an entire chapter

please it's taking forever

I'm making a Sith Warrior.

• edited 2012-04-22 21:53:39
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Light side Sith are some of the most interesting characters. And I dunno. Chapter 1 ends after Alderaan, about level 32. Chapter 2 ends after Hoth, about level 41, and chapter three ends after Corellia at about 50.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Chapter 1 ends after Alderaan, about level 32

no no why

Light side Sith are some of the most interesting characters.

I'm getting that.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    i dunno

argh why did I choose that option

I gave the other Acolyte my Shards in the main Sith quest, now I have to go get more. Worth it, to stop him dying, but...

fuck end-world bosses

just.... fuck them

really

fucking really

you throw a boss fight on me as I approach my ship? what the fuck?

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I don't think I ever had too much trouble with end-world bosses. What level are you, and what planet?

Crake: The Sith get a different Droid, named 2V-R8, as opposed to C2-N2.

I don't think I ever had too much trouble with end-world bosses. What level are you, and what planet?

I was Level 14, on the end of the planet with the Dark Temple, the second world.

I know what my problem was. I, uh, hadn't bothered to get any new gear the entire world, and I hadn't upgraded my abilities since I first arrived in the giant city.

But hey, I beat him in the end.

I dont think that's so much you're problem. You're underleveled. Are you doing planet quests? They're pretty much mandatory if you aren't doing a lot of PVP/flashpoints/space missions.

Also, you should be able to pretty much stay up to date on gear from quest rewards.

I was doing a lot of the quests, yes, but I can't do a bunch of them for RP reasons. And many of the really rewarding quests are Heroics, which are just a bit too tough for me alone, and I'm hesitant to call you in to come do a bunch of Level, like, Ten, Heroic quests, just so I can go up another level.

I mean, in the end, I'm off the world and onto my spaceship, so I'm cool on that end.

The biggest issue I have with quest rewards is I always go for Commendations when available, because they are just about the only way for me to get any Orange gear, which I can make a lot of enhancements for with Noximillian.

And there were no Crew Skill Trainers I could find, unlike on Coruscant. And I'd accidentally grabbed Slicing instead of Underworld Trading, so I couldn't make anybody any items beyond the very first belts granted to you when you first get Armormech.

Heroic quests are supposed to be done with a group. Ask around in general chat or something.

The problem with rejecting quests for RP reasons is that you'll be way behind on XP and have a much more difficult time of things of you aren't heavily supplementing with the other stuff.

Crew Skill trainers are on the east side of Kaas City, if I remember correctly, and you can unlearn crew skills by opening the crew skills window and clicking the little x next to it.

Heroic quests are supposed to be done with a group. Ask around in general chat or something.

I would if there were more than eight people on the world at any given time :|

The problem with rejecting quests for RP reasons is that you'll be way behind on XP and have a much more difficult time of things of you aren't heavily supplementing with the other stuff. 

Well, I can supplement with space missions now, and I will. I couldn't do that before because, y'know, spaceship.

Crew Skill trainers are on the east side of Kaas City, if I remember correctly, and you can unlearn crew skills by opening the crew skills window and clicking the little x next to it.

The same deal here. I've already unlearned Slicing and learned Underworld Trading, and am a fair way on my way to making decent gear. (Did you know that you can totally make Tier-2 Purple gear if you buy the blue recipes?)

Most of my problems have been solved now, thanks to my spaceship allowing me to actually do stuff.

it's not 9PM why the hell are the servers closed

Crafting is obnoxious sometimes.

^ they started at 5, that's why. silly me

• edited 2012-04-24 15:27:17
    I'm a damn twisted person

I have learned that some of the Imperial Agent's dialog options let you play them as a hypercompetent idiot. I can play Sterling Archer in space(with blue skin and glowing red eyes). This game keeps making me love it. 

Otherwise, gonna fire up Alkinell and do some space missions and crafting before one of my friends drags me off to the gym tonight. 

Well, I'll be spending the day playing under Noximillian, so if anyone wants to play, message me.

i has a dinosaur

aaaanyway

I'll be on in two hours, playing as Noximillian, if anyone wants to jump on then. Just doing classwork in the meanwhile.

• I'm a damn twisted person

And of course tonight would be the night the launcher program just refuses to work. Fuck.

Yep, that's how it goes.

And windows can't even tell me what's wrong just that it has stopped working so I can't trouble shoot. At this point I'm either stuck waiting and trying again (powercycling did shit), or uninstalling the whole launcher and reinstalling it. 

Well, that sucks :(

Huh, turns out I just had to dig up the FixLauncher.exe in the program files. So apparently I had to patch the launcher to patch the game. Any more recursion and my head would have started hurting. 

And this is why they need a Launcher Launcher.

Nova, I know what we must do when we get to Alderaan and are around level 35. We must find a way to fight the world boss, because occasionally it drops white lightsaber crystals for +16 endurance. But hell, white lightsaber crystals.

fuck yeah i will totally do that

Also, I broke my headphones again :(

So I guess I will be trying to use my laptop's speaker/microphone.

Guess we were wrong 'bout dat server maintenance, Alk.