If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

The Elder Scrolls

edited 2012-04-23 21:11:59 in Media
No rainbow star

Because it's becoming quite a conversation in IJBMer Updates

Comments

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Yeah...I considered doing this, but I figured it would die down. But it doesn't seem to be.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Still reading up on the lore, I'm becoming more and more convinced that TES VI/VII: Dominion would be a great game.

I mean, entirely apart from the war that they've got going on with the Empire and the unrest and unease within most of the Dominion from the Thalmor, they've also got the Maormer to deal with, who, at least in the past, have had sufficient strength to launch full-scale invasions on them.

And with the Dovahkiin around, there's a force that could actually lead the Empire.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

^ Would totally play a TES game revolving around a Resistance movement in Valenwood, or Summerset itself, against the Thalmor.

• edited 2012-04-15 23:57:53
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Personally, I'm not entirely sure the Empire will live to see TESVI.

Though I consider it debatable that it lived to see TESV.

I would totally play a game where I'm responsible for all the forces of the regions rising up against the Thalmor at once. The Empire, a rebellion, and the Maormer.

• Reading that conversation just reinforced my love for the series even more.

^^That would be pretty cool.

Bump.

So, after killing the Dark Brotherhood in Skyrim the other day, I can't help but notice that you don't actually get all of them.

• We have reviewed your resume' and we find you delicious.
    The little vampire girl, right?
  • They're somethin' else.

What's TES?

The Elder Scrolls.

Her and Cicero. Just her I'd have dismissed as an ESRB thing, but with both of them still alive and the Night Mother unaccounted for, I'm thinking the Brotherhood is still alive.

• edited 2012-04-19 22:44:40
    A Mind You Do NOT Want To Read

Hey, INUH.

Since you have now destroyed the Dark Brotherhood (despite the loopholes you just mentioned), could you try something out for me?

I want you to go to Hag's End, a Nordic ruin due almost directly west of Dragon Bridge. Once you reach the throne room, look for an inconspicuous switch that opens a sliding door to a hidden alcove. Then once you get into the alcove, could you tell me whether or not you see a dead Dark Brotherhood assassin and a large treasure chest? Thanks.

I will when I get a chance.

• No rainbow star
    I remember killing the Dark Brotherhood

I defeated Astrid by turning her into a sweetroll :3
  • edited 2012-04-20 05:39:51
    A Mind You Do NOT Want To Read

This is one of the reasons I want to make a set of Scaled Armour that hits the cap: it makes more sense for people to challenge the Dragonborn if he's not wearing Armour that looks tough and expensive, and I'd prefer that considering that I try to go almost entirely for the less imposing look (what with being a thief and an assassin).

But I think the main reason is still the fact that I just find it to be the most aesthetically pleasing. Maybe because it shows more skin...or more scales, in the case of my Argonian.

• edited 2012-04-20 06:04:58

Daedric Armour is my favourite looking armour in the game. That shit absolutely oozes "don't fuck with me" (not that it stops Bandits in fir armour with an iron dagger). Plus guards say nothing about it, which I interpret as them being terrified of you because you're wearing it.

So anyway, I think I might finally get back to the main quest now (and go on to the Civil War when that's done). Level 41, Thane of every hold 'cept Eastmarch (which can't happen till I beat the Civil War, it seems), decked out every house I have, Dragonplate, Daedric Sword and Shield, Spellbreaker for backup against Dragon Priests, wiped out the Dark Brotherhood, Harbinger of the Companions, Arch-Mage of the College of Winterhold, done pretty much every side quest, already have all of the shouts I'm ever going to use, wiped out the Dark Brotherhood, not going to do the Thieves Guild (and thus Mysterious Gem) questline until I finish the Civil War (for role-play reasons), have either done or purposefully failed all of the Daedric quests, about to go back and level up Alteration to 100...anything else you guys can think of for me to do?

I'm not a fan of Daedric Armor, myself. It's a little too...pincushiony for my tastes.

I like steel armor. It's not bulky-looking like the other sets, but it still makes you look tough and strong and warrior-like
  • A Mind You Do NOT Want To Read

If you really wanna go for non-bulky, Scaled (Light) and Falmer (Heavy) are two of the best armour types you can get.

But I like pants.

Skyrim logic.

He has a mug. Maybe he's so drunk he just sees a black blur and assumes you're, Idunno, a naked Dunmer or something.

IJBM: That silver weapons are the best-looking in the game and you can't upgrade them at the forge.
    I prefer the skyforge-upgraded draugr weapons.
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

Guys, which bow would you advise? I mean, I'm running around with glass, but I'm not a hardcore so I don't know which one's got the best DPS or other shit like that.

Whatever has the highest number for "damage" does the most damage. Invariably, that would be daedric. If you can find or make it, both of which are difficult. Otherwise, ebony.
  • edited 2012-04-20 15:16:35
    "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

I've got all the light armour perks in Smithing, does that make difference? I mean, to get to Daedric would cost me some five or four perks more, and I don't feel like it at the moment.

In that case glass is probably fine for the moment. If you find an ebony or daedric bow, try upgrading it and compare the numbers.