If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Magic: The Gathering

Comments

• But you never had any to begin with.

I'm kinda loving how Voice of Resurgence works so well with Populate.

• And then, when they try to wrath you (assuming it's not Terminus), you cast Showstopper. BGRW, they'll never see it coming.

• You can change. You can.

Voice of Resurgence + Wayfaring Temple seems very fun to play. 

Varolz is alright, but I kinda don't really care that much for Scavenge, so uh yeah. 

I'm liking most of the Fuse cards, though. They seem fun enough.

And really, as much as I complain, I do like the Izzet champion. But the others are pretty uninteresting, in my opinion. 

• Lavinia actually looks like a game ender. On the play, you put it down turn 5 and shut down everything, then swing for the fences knowing they can neither block nor retaliate. Even if they survive, that's the kind of tempo advantage that's difficult if not impossible to recover from.

Hell: Bant tokens, Traft into Advent of the Wurm into Lavinia.
  • a little muffled

Oh Lavinia is a decent card, she's just a really boring legend.

• Which makes her perfect to represent Azorius.
  • a little muffled

I guess? Their other three legends didn't have any problem being mildly interesting.

• Reason #612 I like SA: I could have qualified that post with any of a wide spectrum of smilies.

Anyway, I do love Isperia 1.0, but she never seemed very Azorius to me. Unless "random Sphinx riddles" are also part of their bureaucracy. Which, admittedly, they might as well be.
  • a little muffled

I could have qualified that post with any of a wide spectrum of smilies.
    I didn't really think you were being completely serious. Actually I'm not entirely certain why I gave such a serious answer.

• edited 2013-04-17 14:12:35
    Has friends besides tanks now

Wizards knows what I like. I was on the fence about whether to go Azorius or Orzhov, but now Dimir is tempting. In any case, Esper Supremacy, y'all.

EDIT: Someone on SA makes a good point: why isn't this guy the Dimir Champion? He's a lot cooler than Mirko Vosk (one of the few Champions I feel is really, truly boring), and he's probably going to confuse people when there's more than one in play.

There's probably gonna be a special ruling on it. Something along the lines of "Neither gets the benefit", probably. 

Either that or, worse, they go infinite and both dudes mill each other's controller.

• Has friends besides tanks now

I read that replacement effects don't repeatedly try to cancel each other out; it can only try to replace something once. So if both dudes have one, the dude who cast card draw would get his cards like normal because the other dude's Thief tries to steal in response, but yours steals back in response to that, and theirs can't respond again to the same event. But a lot of people probably aren't going to understand that (I mean, for instance, I didn't realize/remember the difference between triggers and replacements).

Oh that makes more sense. 

• a little muffled

Some EDH going on with TV Tropes people if anyone's interested.

Who all is going to a prerelease tonight (or later)? I'm thinking I'll go Orzhov, but I'm going to check what's out there for commons in DGM again, because a friend from my school's Magic club who I'm going with says green has the only good commons. Though in that case, it wouldn't be as bad as I had initially thought to get Golgari or Selesnya as a secret partner.

• a little muffled
    Was going to go (Azorius, obv) but studying + general loss of interest in Magic means I likely won't.

Hmm. It looks like my friend didn't know what he was talking about, but I'll probably go Orzhov in any case. I almost went for Azorius, though. But I'm hoping for Azorius as my ally in any case. Or Rakdos.

• I'm going on Sunday. I'm gonna play Simic, because it's got evasive beaters and shenanigans, but Orzhov's looking really good.
  • a little muffled

If I were prereleasing, I would go Azorius and hope for Orzhov as secret ally.

^ That's almost what I did. I'm hoping for vice-versa now, though.

Also, piloted a friend's unfinished RBW Aggro deck to a 3-1 at my first FNM. Well, with a bye after my first match (which was a loss) and a matchup against monoblack, but, still. Pulled a Watery Grave in one of my prize packs, too. Pretty psyched for the prerelease.
  • edited 2013-04-28 16:00:49

I guess Selesnya's my ally. Off to Junktown, I guess.

EDIT: 3/5 of my matches went to Turns, and I lost two of those on Turn 5. Final Record 1-1-3.

knew I should've gone Azorius. >:[

• edited 2013-04-29 14:54:06
    But you never had any to begin with.

For those of you who want to add DGM to Cockatrice, there's a .xml file here.

• Went 3-2 playing Bant. My pool wasn't the best, but I did get to put Unflinching Courage on an Elusive Krasis. My losses were to a deck with Collective Blessing (and I would've been able to pull that off if he hadn't had that lifelink battalion puppy) and to a guy who curved Zhur-Taa Druid into two more Zhur-Taa Druids. Then cast two Phytobursts and a Chorus of the Conclave on a centaur token. I should have just flipped the table.

Anyway, Mutant's Prey is surprisingly good.

I kinda wish I had gone WBGr, but ah well. I'm looking forward to drafting DGR, in any case. Hopefully I can find a nearby game store that doesn't redraft.

• edited 2013-04-29 22:45:12

Apparently Rotisserie drafting is a thing. So I'm going to try to get three of my friends together for a four-man draft, and this seems like a pretty good way to do it. Since I plan to go DGR, I also figure it would be cool to let each player declare a sort of dibs on a guild before starting. Should be a fun time.

• No rainbow star
    I thought you guys might enjoy this

From what I've read, it fuses some aspects from the Pokemon TCG, making some things a touch OP (of course, even the TCG doesn't allow a turn 1 Charizard...)
  • No rainbow star
    Whoops I thoight I got the album. My mistake
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.

So I was just bitten by the Magic bug really, really hard.

halp

• "It took hundreds to kill me but I killed humans by the thousands. I am sublime!!! I am the true face of evil!!!!!"

It's okay Alex, we can help you :)