If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Images you know you'll never use. (Now NSFW)

Comments

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    that is inaccurate

you have to start counting from when he came up with the moniker
    what-she-looks-like-now.pngoops
  • There is love everywhere, I already know
    That Tom & Jerry's Cuties thing made me laugh so hard.
    the bestest president ever was brutally assaulted by LGBT ideology

This is what happens when you go shopping in June.
    you have to start counting from when he came up with the moniker

But what if he'd already accounted for inflation since his date of birth?
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    comment_1598387704PHKOAyt7r27oIVKSgd1Nds.jpg
    1. lolwut
    2. the fundamental problem with attempting to interpret a fruit as a person
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    97p4ob5aebj51.png
    RSNlGvW.jpg
    comment_1598466641LzLUjAv5BenW7mM65n9Qas,w400.jpg
    EWoJ3jYWkAEL818.jpg
  • edited 2020-09-01 01:27:23
    Reminds me of this.
    Edit: Huh, it even has a section on COVID-19.
    9f851370ca30c3725c3404a3a83b6e360d8398eb.png
    No? I mean, intent is pretty important and charging people with accidental intent is quite paradoxical (though extremely helpful if you want to go on a witch hunt).

And, obviously, laughing at yourself is important. Even if somebody misfires a whole segment, seeing good bits in it can make you think.

In addition; who decides what "clarity of purpose" is? The satire police*?

Though props to you for posting this on Hot Dude Who Can't Shirt #6 for distraction purposes.

*Prolly not though since they were one of the first departments to be defunded "reformed".
    ...I'm not sure I understand what you're saying.
    1. I write satire about gay people
    2. The Satire Police charge me with lacking a clarity of purpose and/or a clear target
    3. I am now complicit in the creation of homophobic statements that contribute to a culture of fear and intolerance
    4. I must now apologize for my statements, maybe retract them, and then become educated (preferably I should educate myself) about the right way to create satire

Good satire should certainly have a segment of the population mistake it for real things. That's how you know you're really having fun-slash-sticking it to the man. See also, what happened with Woke by Titania McGrath.

• edited 2020-09-01 12:15:52
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    ...I just started watching Miss Kobayashi's Maid Dragon and I can't help but feel like Kobayashi confusedly observing some sort of strange phenomenon I was apparently not privy to when I read the above post.

Except it involves gay satire instead of dragons.
  • edited 2020-09-01 12:21:33
    There is love everywhere, I already know
    The gay satire thing was just part of an illustrative example.

Okay let's try to clear things up; what do you think what the words on that shirt mean?
  • ...I'm not sure I understand what you're saying.
    comment_1598697683z4D0iP5quaxCbmWawOXr7y,w400.jpg

comment_1598698203wtdE1q3NtneY3YM4sxnCbD,w400.jpg

comment_1598729924iTOpldwwmkVlY67e5oxf72.jpg

comment_1598800619LoYZ7XOjHmA0A8lVOksrmz,w400.jpg

comment_1598609871udvSOeqz3SNNsut0pQRVgU,w400.jpg

comment_1596482320MllrOA2rcfqf3JTCRElffD,w400.jpg
  • edited 2020-09-01 15:41:29
    There is love everywhere, I already know
    As long as this is some prolonged joke I'm not getting, I'm going to try and explain this as best I can.
    Satire requires a clarity of purpose and target lest it be mistaken for and contribute to that which it intends to criticize.

Satire is a form of comedy in which the writer of the piece (usually shortform) attempts to point out the absurdities in some form of thinking, societal norm, or way of life.

This exempts nobody from it's purview, but in modern norms in line with the progressive stack (New Discources is actually still lacking an article on this, and I wanted to use that as my source, but there's this).

If somebody attempts satire and it bombs, well, that's life. Not everybody's comedy will get where it wants to go. If somebody mistakes it for actual racism or whatever, that's also life, and the best satire is designed to trick people whose beliefs do race that far.

To expand my example from earlier, maybe a story would read like;
    Feminist relieved to find out male friend's older male companion is actually lover

20 year old Ella Davies, freshman at University of Suchandsuch and self-described 'unapologetic feminist' was today relieved to find out that the older man she had seen hanging around her close male friend James Lake, 19, was his homosexual lover, rather than his father.

"When I saw James with an older man, I was devastated," she explained to The Daily Wing. "I thought, 'Oh no, it's his father'."

"I've recently learned that the very concept of fatherhood merely exists to pass on dangerous inherent biases and maintain the patriarchy."

"Oh, where? In my first semester of Gender Studies."

Ella was relieved to find out that James, like 50% of the Whereverland population, is estranged from his father. The older man he was seen with was his 63 year old gay boyfriend, Oliver Wainsright.

James' father, James Lake Sr, lost custody of his son in what was described by opposite sides as a 'bitter' and 'amicable' divorce. He then lapsed into intermittent alcoholism, and could only be reached for comment via his handler at a rehab center.

Wainsright, a rich oil magnate who has recently divorced his wife of 40 years and abandoned his 3 children in order to 'find himself', was amused at the suggestion when informed of the confusion, as James explains.

"When I told Olly about it, we had a good laugh," James told us. "Like I would ever allow a force as destructive as a father into my live."

"Olly seemed a bit uncomfortable when I mentioned that sometimes I cry myself to sleep, just to rid myself of all the last vestiges of patriarchy that the five years I did know my father instilled in me, but it passed because then he told me to correct Ella on his pronouns -and nouns-."

"Olly identifies as demimale, so he's not a 'man'."

"He's not a half man either, you idiot, he's like... a man, but, uh..." James said when prompted to explain what a 'demimale' was.

As a result of the misgendering, Ella now faces constant belittling and ostracization from her friend group and knitting circle, but claims she deserves to be treated this way until she "learns her lesson."

Now, to joke about feminism or even the creepier end of May-December romances in gay culture is to severely go against the progressive stack. First of all, I'm a man, so I can't actually comprehend what feminism is. If I were white and straight on top of that, this enough would be evidence of my inherent homophobia and misogyny.

Basically, even if somebody thinks this is offensive, or somebody thinks this actually happened, I did not intend to be homophobic or misogynistic, and I certainly haven't contributed to what I intend to...

huh

I may have misread this quote. I thought it said "contributed to the hatred of" what it intends to criticize, which is a common accusation nowadays towards satire. And in all honesty I still kind of think that may be the intention here.

Well anyways my point would stand if it said what I thought it said so I'll leave this post here because I think my satire piece is pretty funny.

Plus, I still don't agree with this even if I've misread it. Okay, it seems I've erred in this post and gone in the wrong direction, but I've followed up elsewhere.
    comment_1598945717MER80iEa1Sq7aPbOvwv5VE,w600.jpg
    Anyways I owe this thread images;

7GfT1U8.jpg
    tpbXbdC.png
    Sd1js4l.jpg
    wHcPmb0.jpg
    CwomAv8.jpg
  • edited 2023-02-06 23:40:35
    "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    Did you post this because of my love for the Shakira song She-Wolf?

upwbLd2.jpg
    comment_1595090729CROe3RvbR8LTGCKGy9noYh,w400.jpg

comment_1593593233XKr34MnUMWm4nFISOkm8C5.jpg

comment_159907172853uZWFdu8YY8qmB2A7cwzb.jpg

comment_1599052184TJfbVSxW8ckPwKPe7x9QSx.jpg
    That second image reminds me of that new Christopher Nolan movie, Tenet.

P5R4LGW.jpg
    comment_1599036256mRGDPCPvepK7edXxKV61UJ,w400.jpg
    Nice.
  • edited 2020-09-03 19:02:27
    "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    comment_1599146305D1D6T0evkQoMKwYZcVbr2j.jpg

comment_159912407304vmqiFQBGBQBQ9uS08qtV,w400.jpg

comment_15991263250BE84Ksqa5EqlzGRSsBK57,w400.jpg
  • edited 2020-09-04 05:10:41
    It took me a couple seconds but now I can't see it as anything but a goat.
    Edit: Somehow I said "unsee" when I meant "see".