If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• Bovarian Mammarian
    glenn you just lost all your Imipoints!

ALL OF THEM
  • Bovarian Mammarian
    FOREVER
  • There is love everywhere, I already know

I read most of this in Annalise Keating's voice.
    lrdgck wrote: »

Can't ever stop the geek.

The other day I read that modern psychology has moved to basing our personalities on a transient sense of self that is constantly shifting. I've never believed this more than when I looked through my closet this morning and realized that I owned not one, but three entire pairs of jersey athleisure pants that I actually wore outside the house in non-athletic situations last year.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    a commentary on an obscene phrase, inspired by http://lonniechu.com/QUANG.html

This essay presents an interesting, albeit vulgar, point: while the word "fuck" can be used as a noun or a verb in a typical sense, it also has a meaning that does not seem to fit any standard part of speech functionally -- the most obvious of these being the phrase or sentence "fuck you", of course.

Analysis:

IN CONCLUSION: "fuck you" is probably an abbreviated subjunctive-like expression formed irregularly from the secondary meaning of a verb.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    Fuck that felt good.
    I mean I never got a chance to read Yandere Waifu's message but I basically keep forgetting about that place.
  • "In a mad world, only the mad are sane!"-Akira Kurosawa, Ran
    Huh, dug through the archives to find a post that really shook me at the time, couldn't find it, and browsed through some old discussions. I seemed to be more ignorant but also less dickish at the same time. Odd feeling.
  • Maybe it was in a thread that got deleted?

Anyhows, I tend to have the opposite feeling, that I remember something I said ages ago as assholish or dumb but if I come across it again I find it more agreeable than I remembered.
    I feel like I used to be more authoritative about things. Maybe it's because as I came to learn more stuff about the things I liked I began to feel I would never know exactly everything (this has a lot to do with skipping out on magazines, mooks and guides that cost a lot to import).

Speaking of; I haven't felt like buying a figure in forever, and my insane Japanese Blu-ray habit has trickled to literally just the four Infini-T Force BDs (and the last one is out in a few days). I feel like a failure of the Ota cabbal.

Conversely, my spending on clothing has um... skyrocketed? It's really really bad, considering you have to save for the future and stuff. I'm only really considering this how because spending on clothes is frivolous, whilst spending on Ota stuff was somehow not?
  • Bovarian Mammarian
    I dislike materialism.

Books are nice, though
    I look through my past messages and realized a lot of the people I apologized to and was nice to were absolute fucking morons not worth my time.

Except Imi and Glenn AFAIK.
    Bu bu bu

When i spend money on Ota stuff, I tend to feel that I'm really supporting the creators work, and considering it's such an important part of my life I can justify just about anything.

When it's clothing, it's just... I'll have this specific look in mind, it's almost always 'How much Day-Glo is appropriate for semi-formal' or 'What is Nautica up to right now' but it feels good to like... complete the Coord. Which is basically like playing Aikatsu! or PriPara but in real life.

To be honest I avoid hardcover editions of literally every book. I just think paperbacks look and feel nicer.
    Paperbacks do feel nicer. They're less sturdy but easier to replace. Although ebooks I find to be best
  • edited 2018-02-18 16:38:14
    There is love everywhere, I already know
    Oh by the way apparently men can be affected by HPV and this increases the chances of throat cancer amongst other things so it's proooobably a good idea to get vaccinated. It's actually best to get the serious one that isn't actually offered to men on most medical insurance schemes

I genuinely thought it couldn't hurt men at all, but it turns out it can get really really bad if you don't have it done.
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    Fuck, another good meme disappeared before I could save it.
    what meme
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    the illustration of various video games (game genres) by different photos of the same memetic person
  • Finally we got to exchange currencies with a relative to get the fridge fixed.

Not that I've been using much, I've been watching over another relative's home for a while now. It's comfy, though.
    I'm wondering if I should upgrade my fridge
    XP gained: pork-with-pineapple stew cooked successfully.

Basically the recipe is to fry some onions, red peppers, jalapeno, pineapple and chopped pork and let it stew for an hour or two. Came out fine this way for me, although the pineapple doesn't really seem to add that much (taste or anything else). So, since it costs a bit and I don't have much use for it otherwise, I guess I won't cook this dish again for a while.
    I always cook pineapple in the oven, separately away from everything else. I just place it on a piece of foil after spicing it a lot to make the sugar-levels tolerable and put it in the oven for like five minutes on each side. Then I add it to other stuff.
    Meanwhile in Poland, Tinder has a new rival: Bimber, an app for people looking for drinking buddies, is rising in popularity.
    I feel like this would be really great if you could set up whole groups of people, but then your expectations about the potential friend-groups would skyrocket and you'd always end up disappointed when you met said people IRL.

But it sounds like it would be really fun as a game.
    Embarassing amounts of autism.
    This isn't a wonderposting thread so I have no idea how to interpret that.
  • Bovarian Mammarian
    over 9000 autism
    9001 autism.
  • edited 2018-03-01 19:20:45
    I stepped on a splinter or something on the grass, and now my foot hurts whenever I walk on a solid surface. Shoes help, but it's still annoying.
  • "In a mad world, only the mad are sane!"-Akira Kurosawa, Ran
    A shame Rumblr never became a thing.