If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Rate those (fan) crossover ensembles

Comments

• Bovarian Mammarian
    I always liked that Steamboat Nazrin one.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    CONFUS
  • My favourites will always be the two Nichijou openings.

You know, it occurs to me that ULiL's actual Last Words count as crossovers:

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    holy shit those imagedumps

also

???
    Wacky Races
    A Certain Scientific Railgun
    ???
    Titanic
    Mickey Mouse - Steamboat Willie
    Doom
    ???
    The Legend of Zelda
    Kirby
    Tom and Jerry
    ???
    Spice and Wolf
    Powerpuff Girls
    Panty and Stocking
    ???
    Final Fantasy VI
    Iron Maiden
    cereal mascots
    Kemono Friends?
    Sailor Moon
    Sesame Street
    Fate/Grand Order
    Sketchbook?
    Madoka Magica
    (artistically NSFW?) Iron Maiden (again)

Yuru Yuri?
    Metallica
    ???
    Dragon Quest
    Cardcaptor Sakura
    Kill Bill
    ???
    ???
    ???
    Dragon Ball
    ???
    Pok?mon
    Uncle Sam poster
    ???
    Star vs. the Forces of Evil
    ???
    Undertale
    Mother 3 (Porky Statue)
    Splatoon
    Grand Theft Auto
    ???
    ???
    ???
    Doraemon
    Kamen Rider
    Final Fantasy (obviously)
  • edited 2017-07-27 21:08:31
    Magic: The Gathering (Koishi -> Restoration Angel ; Satori ->Teysa, Orzhov Scion ; Rin -> Mirri the Cursed ; Utsuho -> Supposedly Akroma, Angel of Wrath)
    Wacky Races
    A Certain Scientific Railgun
    Dark Souls
    Titanic
    Mickey Mouse - Steamboat Willie
    Doom
    The Gleaners
    The Legend of Zelda
    Kirby
    Tom and Jerry
    Spongebob Squarepants (it's also the plot of Touhou's Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom)
    Spice and Wolf
    Powerpuff Girls
    Panty and Stocking
    Aztec-ish looking thing. On second though, that shouldn't count as a crossover.
    Final Fantasy VI
    Iron Maiden
    cereal mascots
    Kemono Friends
    Sailor Moon
    Sesame Street
    Fate/Grand Order
    Yuyushiki
    Madoka Magica
    (artistically NSFW?) Iron Maiden (again)

Nichijou
    Metallica
    Dragon Ball Z (it's the kappa squad (plus Koishi) doing the Gi Nyu pose)
    Dragon Quest
    Cardcaptor Sakura
    Kill Bill
    Yokai Watch
    Pay Back, but the relevant meme is known as Kimoi Girls
    Moby Dick
    Dragon Ball
    Bakemonogatari
    Pokémon
    Uncle Sam poster
    The Son of Man (Ringo, the name of the character, is an homophone of "apple".)
    Star vs. the Forces of Evil
    School Teacher
    Undertale
    Mother 3 (Porky Statue)
    Splatoon
    Grand Theft Auto
    Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni
    Barbapapa
    Battlefield: Hardline
    Doraemon
    Kamen Rider
    Final Fantasy (obviously)

FTFY
  • Everybody! forget about everything else except what I posted here!
  • Masonicon wrote: »
    Everybody! forget about everything else except what I posted here!

Is it so hard to understand that you never did anything interesting?
  • Naas_Human wrote: »
    Masonicon wrote: »

the Crossover that others post recently are nothing to do with my ideas!
  • edited 2017-07-28 07:08:08
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    To put it less harshly: I know you're really dedicated to your crossovers and the project you're doing with them, it really isn't possible to force other people to have the same level of interest. Simply mentioning it a lot can make people think about it, but it can't make people "fall in love" with it. For that to happen, consider coming up with a narrative or other "hook" that goes beyond what appears to be a crossover for crossover's sake.

Because if it's merely about being a crossover, the only people who might be interested are those people who already like at least some of the things involved, AND like the idea of doing a crossover story with them. That's not very likely...especially when the crossover is so massive that the only reason for someone who likes one of the source franchises to be interested is solely because a character appears -- not even that character's impact on the story itself. And you have precisely been advertising that -- every time you just write a big list or chart showing who's in the crossover, and that's it. Then you ask for comments.

Maybe simply thinking about crossovers really inspires you, but that's not necessarily the case for other people. Besides, other people may have different approaches to crossovers. For example, I might propose a crossover that makes sense in a historical progression: Rocket Girls gives us our first teenage astronaut, and later, meteor activity makes us train and send teams of teens or young adults into space as in Stratos 4, and further in the future, following a major disaster showing us the dangers posed by cosmic forces, we humanity respond by building massive technological marvels to protect ourselves from their subsequent instances, as detailed in Stellvia. Meanwhile, I'd not be inclined to include, say, Rinne no Lagrange, because that series has alien politics bursting onto modern day Earth in a way that would totally changs the course of technological development such that we would be going far into space much, much faster than Stellvia shows us doing. Stuff that involves magic is almost certainly excluded, as would anything involving a dystopian "ruined Earth" future, unless it fits even later than Stellvia's timeframe. Additionally, I wouldn't crossover the characters from Rocket Girls, Stratos 4, and Stellvia, because they'd occur at different times in different places, sometimes centuries apart -- that's something I'd only do if it makes sense for the characters to be contemporaneous. (Actually, it might make sense for an adult or even old-age Yukari Morita to have something to say about aspiring teens training to become Comet Blasters...)

In contrast, and I'll be frank and honest: Your crossover seems like you just threw together your favorite characters/series and found it interesting simply that they're interacting. I once did that myself -- as a kid I came up with a huge crossover between the characters of Voltron, Eagle Riders, Pokémon, Power Rangers, V.R. Troopers, Beetleborgs, Sailor Moon, and so on. I even gave them all personal weapons and standdized them all as martial artists who could hold their own in combat each in their special personal fighting style. This crossover idea...well, it was fun for a while but I quickly realized that it never really made much sense. For example, I do like Pokémon, but I always felt that Pokémon's setting and mechanics really didn't fit this crossover well.

I think a more feasible way to do crossovers is to have some sort of core setting, with a clear sense of the serting mechanics, then bring in characters/elements from other series as "expies" and other references -- so you're not stuck with the problem of either totally changing who the crossover character is and disappointing people who are familiar with that character, or making your setting feel like an inconsistent patchwork of too many ideas crammed together but without its own "soul".

So...you want my opinion in your crossover? There, now you've seen it.

Naas_Human wrote: »

This won't be the last time a conversation you start goes in a direction you didn't intend. This happens normally throughout life. Get used to it and learn how to more effectively encourage people to talk about what you want, because this isn't something you can force.
  • Masonicon wrote: »
    Naas_Human wrote: »

This would mean something if you did anything that encouraged anyone to care about your ideas.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    For some reason I get the idea that it would only make sense as a MUGEN style fighter or RPG.

However the more characters you add the less time the story has to develop, so it is literally just cramming everything you think is cool into one "project", and going "Wouldn't it be cool if A,B,C,D,E,F & G were crossed-over?" ignoring the what, where, when, why and how of it all.

I shouldn't be overanalyzing this.

this worked, do something like that

just learn a skill or something

practice writing or animation or art

rather than listing

• edited 2017-07-28 11:45:33
    Vorpy wrote: »
    For some reason I get the idea that it would only make sense as a MUGEN style fighter or RPG.

However the more characters you add the less time the story has to develop, so it is literally just cramming everything you think is cool into one "project", and going "Wouldn't it be cool if A,B,C,D,E,F & G were crossed-over?" ignoring the what, where, when, why and how of it all.

I shouldn't be overanalyzing this.

this worked, do something like that

rather than listing

here's crossover that I write: epicxovermovie.webs.com/ and don't forget to check my Deviantart when it come to my artworks
  • edited 2017-07-28 14:53:44

Sure. Uhhhm... done.

Kingdom Hearts was already a crossover, which would make this a...... crossover of a crossover?

Obvious snark aside it occurs to me that nobody has done what this thread title says yet, so...
    Here's the crossover ensembles that you'll rate:
    1. Sora, Riku, Kairi, Donald, and Goofy (Kingdom Hearts); Ash, Misty,
      Tracey, and Melody (Pokemon anime); Taichi, Yamato, Sora, Mimi, Koshiro, Joe,
      Takeru, and Hikari (Digimon); and Robin, Starfire, Beast Boy, and Raven
      (2003-2006 Teen Titans cartoon) where the specifics are: 8 Original Digidestined are takes
      02 forms with Summer Clothes, KH Humans takes KH2 forms, both Ash and
      Misty are wears their Advanced Generation clothes while Melody wears her
      street clothes, and so on. and to make everything fair, at least some
      of the characters here are deliberately powered up to makes everyone in
      this crossover ensembles can fights in (near) equal terms
    2. anyone from Warhammer 40k universe with whole Happy Tree Friends, Mario, Sonic, and My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic main characters
    3. Sylar from Heroes and Flippy from Happy Tree Friends
    4. Marco, Tarma, Eri, and Fio from Metal Slug with any FPS main character
    5. Eduardo Rivera, Kylie Griffin, Garrett Miller, and Roland Jackson from
      Extreme Ghostbusters with Rick o'Connell, Evelyn O'connell, Jonathan
      Carnahan, and Alex O'Connell from the Mummy Trilogy
    6. Isami Hanaoka, Soshi Yukimi, and Toshi Tsukikage from Soar High! Isami
      with Recca Hanabishi, Domon Ishijama, Fuko Kirisawa, Tokiya Mikagami,
      and Kaoru Koganei from Flame of Recca
    7. Mystery inc from Scooby Doo with Team Fortress 2 mercenaries: since both groups got Toonforce Superpowers
    8. Adam Jensen and Avatar Korra: the former are fully augmented and can add
      extra tech to his augs while latter can access Super Saiyan powers
      through Avatar State(the whole reason it's referred as Super Saiyan
      powers are same with Super forms of Mobians with Chaos Emeralds are
      referred as one)

what do you think?

1: 7/10
    2: 5/10
    3: 7/10
    4: 8/10
    5: 6/10
    6: 10/10 would bang
    7: 5/10
    8: 3/10

Now rate these:

kCazvDd.jpg
    VRxTR7P.jpg
    cJjWzcD.jpg
    11OAGSB.jpg
    15DsYgC.png
    iCS6k1E.jpg
    pHn1X1b.jpg
    Im0b31Y.jpg
    e8W0mDK.jpg
    7GDHAOs.jpg
    X9Yij9D.jpg
    43WCIzI.jpg
    ul2BF54.jpg
    LTSae0M.jpg
    m0qSr35.jpg
    24mpFhF.jpg
    58A7pcw.jpg
    joifrMz.jpg
    tkcURS1.jpg
    yBwO0Kv.jpg
    cw5P7dx.jpg
    tziW8ol.jpg
    C3EN6zD.png
    4AZyIGh.jpg
    20aNqnu.jpg
    II8990r.jpg
    YWG4Seo.jpg
    dADm57R.png
    pFFhkX7.jpg
    UhD5BGt.jpg
    Vlh85fR.gif
    mlJZ4Dl.jpg
    kDEbCZ6.png
    9nOvmr0.jpg
    P72syV6.jpg
    JEGo2wf.jpg
    cbIvK35.jpg
    hQxINpa.png
    rFgoFoP.png
    c1aotgW.jpg
    YnZ38Sg.jpg
    SPg2E9g.png
    5LDHlqM.jpg
    jQ1n1Ni.jpg
    LThOWwQ.jpg
    WiNiIB6.jpg
    obYMVLo.jpg
    EdVf4Mv.jpg
    ErVau26.jpg
    8aty9eJ.jpg
    kjeRHiy.gif
    noFfAeT.jpg
    gMQOGKY.jpg
    24T8jTr.jpg
    cj0DGdJ.jpg
    M85zTwK.jpg
    VilYIVe.jpg
    39CNrW0.jpg
    kBgIdjD.png

NSFW I guess

Also I found this. I didn't intend to put it here but might as well do:

rather than listing

Agreed.

OP, create a Super Smash Bros. clone nao
  • Bovarian Mammarian
    PACHETE!!!!!
  • edited 2017-07-29 04:02:04

Sure. Uhhhm... done.

Kingdom Hearts was already a crossover, which would make this a...... crossover of a crossover?

Obvious snark aside it occurs to me that nobody has done what this thread title says yet, so...
    Here's the crossover ensembles that you'll rate:
    1. Sora, Riku, Kairi, Donald, and Goofy (Kingdom Hearts); Ash, Misty,
      Tracey, and Melody (Pokemon anime); Taichi, Yamato, Sora, Mimi, Koshiro, Joe,
      Takeru, and Hikari (Digimon); and Robin, Starfire, Beast Boy, and Raven
      (2003-2006 Teen Titans cartoon) where the specifics are: 8 Original Digidestined are takes
      02 forms with Summer Clothes, KH Humans takes KH2 forms, both Ash and
      Misty are wears their Advanced Generation clothes while Melody wears her
      street clothes, and so on. and to make everything fair, at least some
      of the characters here are deliberately powered up to makes everyone in
      this crossover ensembles can fights in (near) equal terms
    2. anyone from Warhammer 40k universe with whole Happy Tree Friends, Mario, Sonic, and My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic main characters
    3. Sylar from Heroes and Flippy from Happy Tree Friends
    4. Marco, Tarma, Eri, and Fio from Metal Slug with any FPS main character
    5. Eduardo Rivera, Kylie Griffin, Garrett Miller, and Roland Jackson from
      Extreme Ghostbusters with Rick o'Connell, Evelyn O'connell, Jonathan
      Carnahan, and Alex O'Connell from the Mummy Trilogy
    6. Isami Hanaoka, Soshi Yukimi, and Toshi Tsukikage from Soar High! Isami
      with Recca Hanabishi, Domon Ishijama, Fuko Kirisawa, Tokiya Mikagami,
      and Kaoru Koganei from Flame of Recca
    7. Mystery inc from Scooby Doo with Team Fortress 2 mercenaries: since both groups got Toonforce Superpowers
    8. Adam Jensen and Avatar Korra: the former are fully augmented and can add
      extra tech to his augs while latter can access Super Saiyan powers
      through Avatar State(the whole reason it's referred as Super Saiyan
      powers are same with Super forms of Mobians with Chaos Emeralds are
      referred as one)

what do you think?

1: 7/10
    2: 5/10
    3: 7/10
    4: 8/10
    5: 6/10
    6: 10/10 would bang
    7: 5/10
    8: 3/10

Now rate these:

[GIANT SERIES OF IMAGES GOES HERE]

Also I found this. I didn't intend to put it here but might as well do:

rather than listing

Agreed.

OP, create a Super Smash Bros. clone nao

here's my Super Smash Bros clone: ideas.wikia.com/wiki/Super_Smash_Brothers_Apocalypse_Rush(honestly this is the only thing I put into Ideawiki)
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    CAN WE PLEASE NOT EMBED FIFTY MILLION IMAGES PER POST.

(I am going to fix it this time.)
  • edited 2017-07-29 14:50:57
    ^^ would you look at that.

1. I said a Super Smash Bros. clone, not another list.
    2. It's missing King K. Rool, whoever is the mainest character in Castlevania, and Goku.
    3. You still haven't rated my moeshit. I put a lot of effort in spamming your thread, you know.
    here's crossover that I write: epicxovermovie.webs.com/ and don't forget to check my Deviantart when it come to my artworks

I see that you have been at this for years and you have a "following", so I guess a serious answer is in order:

Ideas are cheap, especially when those ideas are a list of unrelated stuff with no clue as to how they fit together. If you want to get people's attention you have to have something done, a bit of the finished product that gives people an idea of what the end result will be. This is why when something done by Steven Spielberg, Shigeru Miyamoto etc. gets officially announced, you don't get a list that tells you it has Mario and Bowser and Peach etc., no, you get a trailer, scenes from the movie, in-game footage, etc. It's like that Thomas Edison quote: "genius is 5% inspiration and 95% working your ass off."

And before you link to more artworks and stuff, I suggest eitherspending a few years practicing that stuff first before working on your project, or paying somebody else to work on it for you.

So that's how you build hype, but even hype won't save you if there is nothing to your work besides it being a crossover, if it doesn't have something that the originals don't. That video above has jokes and stuff, a bunch of the pictures I linked has elements of one thing fit as replacements for elements of the others, or has one thing drawn in the style of the other, or has something silly happen when the two meet, or whatever.

Anyhows, I'm not at the computer I have my toehoes in, so have this instead:

• edited 2017-07-29 14:57:17
    Okay I said I would fix it but I simply edited Masonicon's reply and I still can't think of a good way to fix your post Stormtroper while preserving the flow of conversation so screw it I'm leaving it as the pile it is.

Don't do this again, please. Limit it to something reasonable. Like ten pictures per post.
  • edited 2017-07-29 15:25:13
    Ideas are cheap, especially when those ideas are a list of unrelated stuff with no clue as to how they fit together.
    FYI, if you look earlier in the thread, I asked Masonicon this question, and they basically said "these people's powers count as such-and-such in this other setting" and stuff like that. That's what he thinks of when you say "fit together".
    even hype won't save you if there is nothing to your work besides it being a crossover, if it doesn't have something that the originals don't. That video above has jokes and stuff, a bunch of the pictures I linked has elements of one thing fit as replacements for elements of the others, or has one thing drawn in the style of the other, or has something silly happen when the two meet, or whatever.
    Very true.

This is what I mean when I mentioned that the crossover story needs to have its own "soul", that goes beyond just simply putting things together. There's got to be a "point" to the story. Even if it's just comedic misadventures.

Consider the following questions and responses:

"These characters have a crossover and interact. What do you think?" I have no opinion.
    "These characters have a crossover and they go on funny misadventures. What do you think?" That sounds kinda fun, maybe I'll check it out and enjoy some laughs.
    "These characters have a crossover and we find out tragically why their ideas of the world don't fit together." Sounds like an interesting intellectual consideration.
  • Bovarian Mammarian
    "Ideas are cheap"

this is a thing I have learned, long ago
  • edited 2017-07-29 23:02:11
    Don't do this again, please. Limit it to something reasonable. Like ten pictures per post.

I was thinking about doing that actually, but I thought it'd be more obnoxious that way.

^ Eventually we all take a look at the ideas graveyard inside our brain and then we realize.

By the way OP, somewhere in your blog someone mentions something about copyright. Have you thought about what to do when one of the dozens of copyright holders whose intellectual property you're stealing contact you about all those original characters do not steal? Calling something a parody is the oldest copyright-bypass trick in the book, so that won't do.

Anyhows, I mentioned the Nichijou OPs so might as well link them:

And for good measure:

Edit: Wrong Youtube link.
  • Bovarian Mammarian
    How have I not seen the Nichijou x Touhou stuff yet? Freakin' great
  • Why can't any of you just stick to my ideas?
  • The problem is that you haven't given us much more than a list of names and occassionally a collage and fanfic with the characters just... being there, we don't really have anything to talk about. You need to show your audience what's interesting about your crossovers.

Let me explain.

eP3zpy5.jpg

See for example, that Touhou x Popeye crossover. It's cool and all, but you can see that it's not just two seemingly unrelated elements of two different series being brought together. Not only, that when you stop to think about it there are actually much to note about it that we can talk about:

First of all, the artist lets go of the manga style that is used in the Touhou games and opts to use Popeye's exclusively, which simplifies forms through liberal use of curves. This is most clearly seen with Murasa's musculature, that although it is not often emphasized in works depicting her, she is a sailor just like Popeye and will have well-developed definition throughout her body. This is also the artist's statement against modern beauty standards, in which feminine daintiness is valued above realism or even functionality, by pointing out and enhancing the contrast between what a "pretty" sailor woman is and what a sailor actually is.

The art style is not entirely contrasting however, as the artist makes use of Unzan having a stout constitution to represent Brutus' bodybuilder physique. This way the artist makes special use of Unzan's status as a cloud, as having a malleable body means musculature can be emphasized as much as intended without sacrificing beliavility.

Another element to note is the logo. The artist went for a direct message: this work is about Murasa the Sailor Girl. An unwary viewer might consider this unsubtle, and while it's a reasonable consideration, there are some things to note: it's called Murasa the Sailor, not Popeye the Sailor, clearly delining the intent of making the work be about Murasa and her surroundings, rather than let one of the source works drag down the other. Second of all the artist opted to take the logo style strictly from Popeye's, including no elements outside it, this tells us that just like how the work is about Murasa and nothing else, it is being represented through Popeye and no other means.

It is not only the graphical elements that should be noted, however. The three depicted characters were clearly not selected blindly and were instead chosen for several reasons: all members of the Myouren Shrine and can be immediately recognized by those familiar with the source material that they're heavily related to each other. Moreover, it is also important to note that both Murasa and Unzan are close to Ichirin, the same way Popeye and Brutus are to Olivie Oyl. Although Murasa and Ichirin's relationship isn't stated to be about love, among enthusiasts this is often assumed to be true (in both the platonical and carnal way). The artist makes use of this implicit connection to draw a parallel between them and their Popeye counterparts: although Brutus starts having the upper hand when it comes to impressing Olive Oyl, the rivalry between him and Popeye escalates, reaching a breaking point when Brutus starts abusing her, at which point Popeye has to step up and save her, this often involves eating spinach.

Now, Murasa is Undefined Fantastic Object's stage 4 boss, while Unzan is only part of that same game's stage 3 boss fight, and it is a reasonable interpretation throughout the Touhou series that there's a relation between stage order and battle prowess, with bosses of later stages being more powerful than those at earlier stages unless something hinders their capabilities. At first sight this might lead observers to believe that unlike Popeye, Murasa should be the one to have the upper hand. However, when one takes into consideration that the boss fight Unzan is part of is precisely Ichirin's, so it can be inferred that years of camaraderie has made Unzan closer to Ichirin than Murasa, so before tensions grew between them it can be assumed that Ichirin's impression of Murasa was not better than that of Unzan's. Regardless of the feelings between them, Murasa is still a stage 4 boss, so we can guess that in the end she will prove more powerful than Unzan, perhaps for this reason is that there is nothing in the image resembling spinach, as used by Popeye to gain the strength to defeat Brutus and save the day. The artist could have used a can full of power up items or similar paraphernalia to serve as replacement for spinach, but did not seem to consider this necessary considering Murasa's greater power.

There are no obvious elements suggesting exactly what started the conflict between Murasa and Unzan, except the aforementioned attempts to impress Ichirin. This way the artist sees to it that the viewer can imprint their own experiences into the work, hoping that this void is filled with whatever evokes the harshest feelings of jealousy in said reader's mind. This is amplified when we consider that Murasa and Unzan are not shown to be rivals in their original work, so we can assume that as correligionaries at a small shrine they had a good relationship going before Ichirin's involvement soured it. This way we also have a theme of comrades being brought against each other due to their conflictive feelings of love.

One might think that Murasa (and by extention, Ichirin and Unzan) is in this crossover only because she is a sailor, however when we look further into musical elements we can find reasons as to why Murasa is the only reasonable choice for this. First of all Popeye's theme song is called Popeye the Sailor Man, a simple nomenclature stating the character's identity. Similarly Murasa's theme is Captain Murasa, only differing in the specific name and title. This doesn't end there, however. Stage 4 has no mid-boss, as such its stage theme, Interdimensional Voyage of a Ghostly Passenger Ship, is associated with Murasa only, and while one may interpret the "Interdimensional" in the title with the Palanquin's travel to Makai through the course of events in Undefined Fantastic Object, the artist points out to us that the word can be interpreted as implying the possibility of trans-fictional travel and that this is how the three characters found their way into a scene in the style of Popeye the Sailor.

Another important musical element to note is The Traditional Old Man and the Stylish Girl, Ichirin's theme. Here the artist points out the discrepancy between Unzan-as-Brutus' worldview and Ichirin's when it comes to gender roles, the latter being the 'stylish girl' serves as a stand in for the more modern views on gender, in contrast to Brutus', which manifests itself in treating Olive Oyl as a mere throphy to be acquired to serve as his means for masculine validation. This last one being the position of a "traditional old man" and in this way the work tells us is an antiquated worldview that should be discarded.

The only remaining theme song to consider is Sky Ruin, Undefined Fantastic Object's stage three theme. One might expect this to be meant to be used as a contrasting element with Murasa being represented by the sea and Unzan being represented by the sky. This is reasonable, however it's also only one part of the artist's heavy use of religious themes. Murasa's conflict with Unzan serves as symbolism for her struggle to come to terms with her own death as a shipwreck victim, in turn waging a fight against her departure represented as heavenly clouds by Unzan, not unlike how it's typically done in the Judeo-Christian tradition.

So you can see how deep that crossover is (the artist may or may not have intended that pun), and so it will gather an audience to talk about it. I'm sure I've missed several levels of symbolism in it, but I think you can see that if you want you readers' attention, you'll need to give them something to discuss.
  • The problem is that you haven't given us much more than a list of names and occassionally a collage and fanfic with the characters just... being there, we don't really have anything to talk about. You need to show your audience what's interesting about your crossovers.
    Here's what's interesting about my crossovers: when I crossovers Digimon, Teen Titans, Pokemon, and Kingdom Hearts I did that cuz those 4 are all uses Anime styles and to get around something that can cripple this crossover, both Ash&Co and Digidestined are powered up to make everyone in the crossover ensemble of my favorite Digimon, Teen Titans, Pokemon, and Kingdom Hearts characters can fight together in equal grounds. when I crossovers Happy Tree Friends, Mario, Sonic, My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic, and Warhammer 40000 together(often in the very thing that crossovers Digimon, Teen Titans, Pokemon, and Kingdom Hearts altogether), the reason I can't worry about actual settings of both HTF and 40k is: both are have everything trying to kill you literally(latter is also due to it's FUBAR Setting) so that's why both HTF and 40k universes in my Mega-crossover are eaten by Heartless with Anunnaki nanotechnology (this also makes HTF Animals can only live once) and Happy Tree Friends, Mario, Sonic, My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic, and Warhammer 40000 can also makes neat Robot Chicken sketch. Sylar from Heroes and Flippy from Happy Tree Friends team-up is cuz both are Psychopathic Villain sues(though this don't happen in Ani-Toonspiracy). Marco, Tarma, Eri, and Fio teaming up with FPS characters works cuz they're fights with guns. Extreme Ghostbusters can teach O'Connells Scientific Method. Flame of Recca makes neat crossover with Isami Shinsengumi even when too bad, Recca, DOmon, Fuko, Mikagami, and many Flame of Recca characters that aren't Koganei himself in Ani-Toonspiracy are eaten by Alex Mercer(after he eats everyone from Heroes universe that aren't Hiro Nakamura or Emile Danko) so Koganei are the only one that teams up with Isami, Soshi, and Toshi. and so on
  • edited 2017-08-15 03:53:41
    What do you mean "to get around something that can cripple this crossover"? Are they, like, competing or something? wait nvm i get it now

When I read your posts, my mind gets cloudy and drifts away. Lemme see if I understand:

* Digimon, Teen Titans, Pokémon, and Kingdom Hearts cuz they're anime-ish, and they have balanced power levels.
    * Happy Tree Friends, Mario, Sonic, My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic, and Warhammer 40000 for no specified reason. Also you mention Heartless, is Kingdom Hearts also part of the crossover?
    * Flippy and Sylar because murder. I guess that could be interesting depending on who this Sylar person is (haven't seen/read/played Heroes).
    * I have no idea who the people in the following list of names is.

Warhammer 40k and Happy Tree Friends sounds like a genuinely workable crossover, though.

Anyhows, I've posted too much about Touhou recently so have this crossover instead:

• edited 2017-08-15 06:29:08
    * Also you mention Heartless, is Kingdom Hearts also part of the crossover?
    Yes
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    what the pope is being johnpauled in here
    That's a lotta pictures. I've got to say I'm impressed (I don't even get the typical reaction I get when exposed to too much anime)
  • That's because touhouisnotananime.png

I'm still only scratching the surface, tho.
  • Check out those new pictures:
    • Lifty and Shifty from Happy Tree Friends stole the weapons of Flame of Recca and Isami gang:lifty_and_shifty_stealing_time__by_mikagami7tokiya-dbkf5yz.jpg
    • Crossover team-up between Sora, Riku, Kairi, Donald, Goofy, Ash, Misty, Tracey, Melody, Robin, Starfire, Beast Boy, Raven, Taichi, Yamato, Sora, Koshiro, Mimi, Joe, Takeru, and Hikari from KH, Pokemon Anime, Teen Titans, and Digimon with the whole group of Happy Tree Friends, Mario Bros, Sonic the Hedgehog, MLP:FIM, and Warhammer 40k: trainload_o__characters__for_masonicon__by_timothyjdarden-dbe7rbj.png