If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

General Music Thread

Comments

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    Me: black metal started with shrieking and Satan and from there evolved in weird directions.
    My dad: like most of music did.

Posting it here instead of Updates thread since it's a discussion about music. Feel free to comment on it.
  • edited 2017-04-22 00:52:44
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    I forgot if I mentioned this before, but...

The ending theme of Cross Ange is such that the only part that's actually heard in the show is a slow and lyrical verse and a power-ballad sort of verse.  Also a lyrical piece of the ending.

Strangely enough, the rest of the song is NOTHING like this.  It is heavy metal (power metal specifically, I think?).  It's like, this is the part you didn't hear.  You merely heard the tip of the iceberg when it came to these emotions of resentment and rage.
  • There is love everywhere, I already know
    That sort of reminds me of the MahouIku ED; the lyrics in the first part are hopeful...

and then the rest of the song is a nano song (ie terribly sad).
  • I think you're overstating the contrast a bit. A good deal of the beginning still gets repeated/reiterated at the end.
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    ^^^ Can you post some link to the full version of that ending theme?
  • edited 2017-04-24 12:07:14
    lrdgck wrote: »
    ^^^ Can you post some link to the full version of that ending theme?
    Unfortunately there are no YouTube uploads of it.  For what it's worth the song is called "Rinrei" and is performed by Eri Kitamura, if you want to track it down yourself.
    Or you can always ask a friend...
  • I just realized that I have no clue how Kitamura generally sounds like.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Me neither; I'm largely unfamiliar with her.
    The only song by her that's stuck around with me is her ED for Arve Rezzle and I never even downloaded the full version.

SOLIDEMO vs MAG!C☆PRINCE:
    • SOLIDEMO's vocals are better
    • MAG!C☆PRINCE are idols
    • I like more SOLIDEMO songs than MAG!C☆PRINCE songs (that is to say, I like all of SOLIDEMO's songs whilst I only really like MAG!C☆PRINCE's Over The Rainbow and UPDATE)
    • I really like Hikaru from MAG!C☆PRINCE

I legitimately can't tell who I like better.

• edited 2017-04-28 21:47:45
    so i put all my music into a music library and started listening to them on random

this includes, among many other things, a bunch of AKB48 music

so just now i discovered futari nori no jitensha and i'm liking it

broadly speaking, i think that the AKB48 songs generally feature a harmonic language that i have a positive opinion of

also the thread titles look vaguely similar between this thread and The Game Music Thread so does anyone mind if i change that to "The Videogame Music Thread"?
    Let's Talk About English Music!

Lately if I listen to English music, it'll be something that's very bare, so I was surprised at how much I enjoyed The Naked And Famous' music. Aside from not ever thinking I'd like a band with that name, I never thought I'd like a synth-pop unit that much either. I especially like their songs Higher and Young Blood.

And as for the bare-bones-ish stuff, there's Woodkid and Fritz Kalkbrenner. I really like Woodkid's The Golden Age, and Fritz Kalkbrenner's In This Game and One of Those Days. I guess I enjoy European artists who aren't super-great with English, it's moe as heck.

i'm sorry
    Oh wow, this song is catchy.

• On a scale of 1 to Yo Gabba Gabba how high are you.
    On a scale of 1 to Yo Gabba Gabba how high are you.

I don't do drugs, but I don't need to do drugs because I naturally come up with crazy ideas.
    Nana Mizuki's "Brilliant Star" sounds a bit like AKB48 music.
    On a scale of 1 to Yo Gabba Gabba how high are you.

*initiates Caribbean beat*
    *starts dancing*
    o/`
    Roly Poly, Roly Poly, up, up, up
    Roly Poly, Roly Poly, down, down, down
    Roly Poly, Roly Poly, in, in, in
    Roly Poly, Roly Poly, out, out, out
    o/`

you know you want to
    ooooh, I forgot just how beautiful Sasaki Misae's "umbrella ~Tada, Ame ga Furu" is.

it is beautiful.

(It's the B-side of the single containing the ending theme of Rocket Girls.

I grouped it in with the uplifting A-flat major stuff, like MegaloKidMarch.
  • JHMJHM
    Here, There, Everywhere
    lrdgck wrote: »
    Me: black metal started with shrieking and Satan and from there evolved in weird directions.
    My dad: like most of music did.

Posting it here instead of Updates thread since it's a discussion about music. Feel free to comment on it.

This is good and true.

I fucking love black metal, by the way.
  • edited 2017-05-07 03:44:29
    Speaking of metal:
    Thanks to a certain really stupid YouTube video, I've accidentally discovered Imperial Circus Dead Decadence.  Now I just need to figure out what song that is.
  • edited 2017-05-08 19:05:15
    And now, for a little night music...on an instrument I can play all by myself.  (though this isn't me playing it)

• edited 2017-05-08 21:27:12
    Can anyone help me identify a couple things?

1. a classical piece, for piano, with a very distinctive and percussive melody.  It's in G mixolydian.  Early 20th century?  Probably by Ravel?
    http://vocaroo.com/i/s04KJATOXLL6

2. a J-pop song, probably an anime theme song for a recent series:
    http://vocaroo.com/i/s1xMWscQlHJG
    Funnily enough, the original Norwegian second wave is something I never got into. Apart from Immortal, but I'm told they've strayed enough from the typical sound to not count on that basis.
    a J-pop song, probably an anime theme song for a recent series:
    I know this song I think but I need more that six seconds of it <_<

After a long while, I've really come to appreciate ChouCho's Elemental World and Shippuumoku. I didn't love the single when I first heard it, but it's really grown on me.
    a J-pop song, probably an anime theme song for a recent series:
    I know this song I think but I need more that six seconds of it <_<

sorry, i only remember six seconds of it, and any time i try to recall more I end up thinking of Crossing Field, Avalon Blue, or Sora no Senritsu instead
    Still looking for that one song...

@fourteenwings: what's the translation of this? It's not available to me due to copyright lulz
  • The video's title is: Nakashima Ai's new single "My World" digest trailer

The tracks are:
    1. My World (Watashi no Sekai)
    2. The Best Instant (Saikou no Shunkan)
    3. Love goes around (Ai ha Meguru)

GMH I showed you a PV for the lead song to this before the single was even out :|

The song translations are all correct, but that's Nakajima Megumi.

/14w wishes he could read kanji at all still
  • edited 2017-05-14 05:03:10
    MYSTERY SOLVED

it's track 9 in this album: http://vgmdb.net/album/41801

seems like it wasn't anime after all, but some doujin thing.  definitely sounds like anisong though

it is a file that's been sitting on my computer, with a very strange filename ("156482374F4B93D72AD7A0").  Seems like i acquired it in late 2014, and I don't remember how at all.
    [01:27:53] okay, midomi says this song is "Swallow (Horror, Pt. I)" by Swallow the Sun
    [01:29:14] yep it's the beginning of that track
    [01:29:31] dc5d284f5a35e620dafb3f9c3e4e4693.wav was a previously unidentified track sourced to some ytmnd page that probably doesn't even exist anymore lol

this is what happens when you discover media from strange places
    somehow, fyzw_200647101725.mp3 turns out to be Angela Zhang's "Yin Xing De Chi Bang".