If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

General Music Thread

1333435363739»

Comments

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

I discovered Kino through doomer music compilations, turned out it's some sort of Russian Nirvana, except not grunge, but rather should be lumped with post-punk or something like that. Speaking in general, I've got that feeling that Russians do have a stronger sense of being a doomer than the rest of us.

I don't really follow the lyrics (assuming I could), but I don't really follow the lyrics of English language songs as well. It's like, usually they blend together like the voice was just another instrument. Like, I tune out as far as it concerns actually separating and understanding what's being said. I don't have that only when I listen to songs in my native language. I guess my knowledge of English is just not as good as I like to believe.

Also, I've gotta listen through that Venezuelan doomer music compilation one day finally.
  • edited 2023-04-15 16:29:26
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    > Kino

Sidenote: I'm wondering whether you'd be into Kino's Journey, the anime series. I haven't watched it myself though but I feel like I expect some observe-the-world-around-me vibes from it.

(Yes, I know this Kino is entirely unrelated.)
  • I've never been good at understanding lyrics, I have a hard enough time telling the words apart when it's in Spanish, and it's hopeless if in any other language.
    The doomer music thing made me wonder if I missed a post and turns out I did miss something unrelated:
    hey @Stormtroper, just curious, have you by any chance heard of this before? or either of these two artistic forms?
    Nopes, never heard of these (besides the embedded video you posted afterwards).
  • There is love everywhere, I already know
    (Yes, I know this Kino is entirely unrelated.)

All Kinos are that Kino.
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

I've got a feeling they made up a bunch of names, but I don't mind it all that much.
    Apparently, Archie Comics once tried to sue The Veronicas for their band name.
    An article from the NYT on the same;

b58soleufu6a.jpg

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    that reminds me i have yet to watch Veronica Mars despite wanting to years ago

That's the rap remix, here's the original:

I gotta say this is the best thing since Synthesizers in Futility covers of Mgła.

Frog synth, a thematic subgenre of somfy synth, which is a musical subgenre of dungeon synth.
    This song from the Soulcalibur III soundtrack kind of sounds like the opening music from NBC's Meet The Press.