If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• Bovarian Mammarian
    seems like kind of a downer, man
  • There is love everywhere, I already know
    I'd be surprised if that weren't the accidental reinventing of a legitimate school of thought.
  • Stoïcism perhaps? 
  • edited 2017-02-24 16:27:53
    "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    Not enough powerless angst.

(edit: I mean, not enough of it in stoicism. I guess so anyway.)
  • It's sad that there are people who are so depressed, they think happiness isn't real and they think I'm lying if I say I feel happy. I don't want a world full of lazy and selfish people that only serve themselves and shut down everything positive! I wanna have fun and bring happiness to people I care about. If life has a purpose, this should be it.
  • Bovarian Mammarian
    The purpose of life is to go to Wendy's and have a Frosty.
  • Well, Wendy's sure is fantastic. :D
  • To lazy and selfish people that only serve themselves, shutting down everything positive is their fun and brings happiness to people they care about.
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    Brings to mind that picture I've posted in the pictures thread. The one about leaving Plato's cave for the memes outside.
  • Been so sad for so long now I'm just angry.
  • Bovarian Mammarian
    oh hey, it's you.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Been so sad for so long now I'm just angry.

Great to hear from you, sorry to hear that you're angry.  What's on your mind?
  • Same old except it's getting worse.
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    Wow! That's just like me!
  • edited 2017-02-25 12:31:18
    There is love everywhere, I already know
    uh

I made a new stop-motion video, set to MIRAI by GARNiDELiA. It took a surprisingly long time to make everything (all the outfits, including the ones I didn't use and ended up just hanging up on my LEGO closet-thingy, the closet-thingy and the desk and the [a lot of stuff]), but I had a concept and I wasn't willing to let it go.

I even made a ruffley piece for her neck, but it looked ridiculous on-camera.

Also I need a new light because I'm really not getting much natural lighting lately and room lights make my shadow more prominent than it should be.

I think I might make more eventually, so I should probably just actually start that Toy thread I talked about a few weeks ago.
    Wow. That's a nice job. Is "surprisingly long" a matter of days or weeks?
  • edited 2017-02-25 13:49:09
    There is love everywhere, I already know
    Thanks! I still get really embarrassed about posting stuff, since it's really not very professional-looking and my lighting this time around was pretty off.

About a week overall, since there was a lot of hemming I needed to redo because I have the hand-sewing skills of a five year old. Building the stuff with LEGO took about four hours because I have it all in a single tub so I was constantly looking for pieces.

Oh yeah, setup took like 1.5 hours which seems ridiculous for such a bare set.

There are some (clothing) pieces there I plan to reuse for my eventual vanilla sky video (The Gunslinger Stratos OP by Ayano Mashiro, MIRAI is the ED to that) but I have no idea how to make what I want for that happen aside from spending lots on molding clay to hold things in place.
    I think it was quite fine. If I was to complain I'd bring up two details: the clothing-up scene simply has a cut from jacket in hands to jacket already worn, and, the plastic stick is clearly visible. I don't know if these points are of any relevance though. It's not 100% pro level of stop-motion, but nobody said it must be. I'd say it was pleasant to watch, as much as I can judge.
    FYI there's a members-only category where you can put stuff that you're embarrassed about showing off to the public.
    the clothing-up scene simply has a cut from jacket in hands to jacket already worn
    I will figure out how to make that happen (it will probably involve my current Actual Deity; Double-Sided Tape).
    the plastic stick is clearly visible.
    EAH dolls can't stand on their own, and Kaizer stands are even more ominous, so I use their own stands. I've been thinking about investing in a couple of Actual Dolls for like... years, those are much more stable and their dimensions are better for actually practicing making human clothes (though I'm not really planning on making any of those soon, I can't even change the dimensions of my own pants for fear of ruining them forever).
    Perhaps use fishing line to hang them?
  • Kyoot!!!
  • @dracosketch: Ahh, it's been a while. Hello!

@wings: I think that's cool. Also:
    I still get really embarrassed about posting stuff, since it's really not very professional-looking

Turns out I know just enough Russian to track down that electro rap song about the invasion of Jew reptilians repelled by advanced Hyperborean ancient Russians.
  • Eastern Europe is a world I will probably never comprehend. They sure crank out some great liquor though.
  • Bovarian Mammarian
    Eastern Europe's a weird place.
    Perhaps use fishing line to hang them?
    I'll look into that, but building a stand for that will probably require more technical knowledge than I have right now (why is there suddenly an actual reason I should've taken Woodwork in high school?).
    ^ How about modelling shops? I don't know where you live, but around here, there is one or two shops catering specifically to model builders. I bet they would have in their stocks something that could serve as some sort of transparent scaffold for the doll.

Also, I think you guys deserve a story.

So, I don't know for sure how it works in Russia. It looks like their take on the topic is that Russians are straight-line descendants of the original Aryans or something like that, judging by them having a hard-on for some archaeological digs on the Steppe. I dunno. But around here, we've got folks we call the Turboslavs (in Polish: turbosłowianie).

Before we go further, take this as a mood-setting theme.

The Turboslavs are the kind of Romantic nationalists who come up with weirder and weirder supposed roots of their country, to prove how most ancient of all it is. In this case, they've created an elaborate story about how Poland is the most ancient country ever, how all mentions of "Slavs" (no matter where or when) actually regard Poles (and not just Poles - will bring it up in a minute), etc. etc. Their basis is a) one unreliable Medieval chronicler, b) a proven forgery, c) Baroque frescos based on that chronicler's work (this also will show up later), d) a falsified screenshot of an early XXth Century map.

Now, for some details. Teutoburg Forest? Actually Poles fighting the Romans. (Not even Slavs - Poles, as in, a full-blown nation-state. Plenty of known Germanic tribes were actually Polish if you ask those folks.) Battle of
    Talas River? Actually a three-way conflict between the Islamic
    Caliphate, China, and - you guessed it - Poland. Yep. Anyone disagrees? Clearly, they're just brainwashed by German-Jewish-Vatican conspiracy designed to put Poles down. This evil conspiracy, since the baptism of Poland, managed to remove every hint of this glorious past, including all the territorial conquests in places like Siberia, etc. One wonders how those few I mentioned managed to slip their attention. Ironically, the frescoes they take as a proof are painted on the wall of a church, and the chronicler was a clergyman, but who cares. (I don't know about the forger's life choices.)

Most of the Turboslavs are just a bunch of pseudopatriotic morons dwelling in places like footy stadiums or the Internet, but they've got like two or three ideologues pretending to be scientific. One of them strives to "prove" how about every word ever is actually derived from Polish. Never both come from the same root, or something. Never a coincidence. You know the type. I think he doesn't even have enough decency to stick to Indo-European languages. I'd like to say I have no idea why they do that, but since they sell that stuff in book form, I guess I already know the an$$$wer.

As an ending note, this chronicler is actually quite interesting. There are hints he might have recorded legends from his region of Poland, which he felt were sidelined by the officially supported legend of the dynasty's founding. Even the made-up parts are interesting, as they show how elements of the universal European culture were received in Medieval Poland. But apparently this is not cool enough to make it into a business.

I guess I sound caustic, but in truth, I hope you'll find some cringe-induced laugh within all the cringe. I kind of do, so I wanted to share it.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    What do you call the opposite of exponential? Where something exponentially DECREASES towards 0?

Whatever that is, is related to my activity here.

This site had served its purpose for me.