If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• edited 2017-03-07 18:46:23
    Pika Girl
    edit: post moved to bygones thread ~GMH
  • My therapist did tell me that if I'm feeling attacked by other people, I shouldn't default to feeling like I did something wrong or allowing others to push that narrative on me; the error is rather that I chose to be around people who are not nice to me or that I don't get along with, meaning that I should choose not to be around those people, out of respect for myself. I thought I could follow this advice while continuing to participate in ijbm but now I'm not so sure.
  • edited 2017-02-10 18:40:43
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    I think you're blowing this out of proportion, honestly.  More after I actually get a moment to read your post.
  • edited 2017-03-07 18:48:17
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    edit: moved to bygones thread ~GMH
  • edited 2017-02-10 19:34:27
    I'm not sure how to exactly put this but "everybody is against me specifically" always sounds like a conclusion that would need a particular level of arrogance to reach, unless you're a (somewhat) prominent politician.
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    Yeah, that's rarely a good idea. I recognize the appeal, but it ain't the healthiest.
  • I think you're reading too much into the lock, it definitely wasn't an attack on you as a person.
  • Hmmm, thank you for explaining glenn. You are correct, I get very paranoid very easily. >.> In retrospect I think the thread's opener was not very appropriate so I'm sorry. I didn't mean to air grievances actually because at this point in my life there isn't much of a point in doing so. I've grieved and moved on... I think. I hope. I try to, anyway. Admittedly, Quebec finds its way into my daily conversations all the time, so I'm trying to not do that anymore. Certainly not like a year ago when I was steaming about it all day every day to everyone. Also I would like to separate that episode of my life from French culture, mentally, if possible, and continuing to indulge in it will perhaps help with that? Wounds are slowly healing. Lastly, I was rambling more about the heapers drama (kind of a long time ago now that I think about it) than about you, since I still consider you a friend. In summary: apologies for becoming defensive.
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    Paranoia sounds fun only as long as you don't actually have it.

Oh, and while I'm at it. Personally I'm quite interested in hearing about Quebec culture, so as far as I am concerned, I don't mind it finding its way into a conversation on French culture.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Anyone mind if I delete the other thread now that we have a proper one going?
    In retrospect I think the thread's opener was not very appropriate

And that's basically all there was to it.  Nothing more.
    so I'm sorry. I didn't mean to air grievances actually because at this point in my life there isn't much of a point in doing so. I've grieved and moved on... I think. I hope. I try to, anyway.

It's understandable to still have thoughts about bad experiences come to mind.  But stepping back, acknowledging them, and then "putting them into perspective" and letting them take over one's thoughts seems like a useful idea.

Wounds are slowly healing.

They take time, as does everything.

apologies for becoming defensive.

It's okay.
  • I think I'm going to start taking seriously my Youtube handle. You know, subscribe to channels, like/dislike stuff, etc.
  • There is love everywhere, I already know

I haven't bought an issue of National Geographic since the buyout last year, but I couldn't not support this issue.

It's weird how there's no binary Female on the cover though. A cursory glance through the actual magazine shows that there are a lot of articles about women all over the world.
  • I've always thought I have a large 'how long to lurk before joining in' value, just now I started posting in a forum I've been following for over three years.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    Hmmm, thank you for explaining glenn. You are correct, I get very paranoid very easily. >.> In retrospect I think the thread's opener was not very appropriate so I'm sorry. I didn't mean to air grievances actually because at this point in my life there isn't much of a point in doing so. I've grieved and moved on... I think. I hope. I try to, anyway. Admittedly, Quebec finds its way into my daily conversations all the time, so I'm trying to not do that anymore. Certainly not like a year ago when I was steaming about it all day every day to everyone. Also I would like to separate that episode of my life from French culture, mentally, if possible, and continuing to indulge in it will perhaps help with that? Wounds are slowly healing. Lastly, I was rambling more about the heapers drama (kind of a long time ago now that I think about it) than about you, since I still consider you a friend. In summary: apologies for becoming defensive.

I LOVE YOU.
  • I am now making an effort to post actual conversation here instead of just shitposting like I usually do.

I figure the constant nonsense posts reflect poorly on me as a technically-a-mod.
  • There is love everywhere, I already know
    My dad had new ceiling fittings installed in the corridors and they echo so well that I spend a bit too long lingering to sing.
  • Vorpy wrote: »
    I LOVE YOU.

I love you too. :)
    Do you think it's a good idea to keep a single long-running thread for certain topics? Like, what we used to have with western animation and music and stuff. Since new threads show up it looks like you guys voted with your clicks, so to say, but conversely the anime thread looks hale and hearty.
    I think go ahead and continue to "vote with your clicks".  I have no problem with either way of doing things.
    vote with your clicks?
    As in "do whatever you want, be it using the old threads or making new ones".
  • edited 2017-02-15 21:13:52
    "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    In this case specifically, that the old threads on film and music weren't getting much traffic and new ones were, while old threads on video games and anime are still going strong. Vorpy - I made a pun on the saying "voting with your feet" (it's usually feet I believe).

(edit reason: some clarification)
    AH I GET IT, YOU DAAAAAAAAAAAANCE
    Vorpy wrote: »
    I LOVE YOU.

I love you too. :)

FYI UE's currently working on upgrading to Vanilla 2.3, which came out recently.  So that's why he's not fixing the PM bug right now.  Figured we'd get it fixed if it persisted in 2.3.

2.3 is already uploaded to a private test board where we're bugtesting so full implementation shouldn't be too far off.
    Had an exam today, lucked out by getting the very first question (as you know it's usually the easiest one on an exam).
    My mom bought a bag of Doritos "by mistake" earlier.  She thought I
    liked them.  Well, I do eat them, but only in small amounts and not
    often.

She's opened it and started eating them.  I haven't had any of them.

Ironically,
    the other day, after eating at a Cuban restaurant, she said that stuff I
    like (well I do like Cuban food, Caribbean food in general) tends to be
    heavily flavored.  I wanted to contradict her then, because, honestly,
    ropa vieja really isn't THAT heavily flavored, and I also like "bland"
    white rice to go along with it as a good balance.

To be honest,
    what she actually dislikes is just heavy use of exotic seasonings and
    spices.  So she's not into Indian food either for example.

• Gamefreak knows.
  • Bovarian Mammarian
    it was me