If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.
    Feliz Navidad. *música típica en el fondo*
  • There is love everywhere, I already know
    Happy Holidays and New Years and everybody sacrifice your animals so that celebrities stop dying

Unrelatedly, I've realized (or I've just like, acknowledged) that on the few occasions I pick up a fashion magazine (ie every month when Elle and Vogue come out) I'll finish reading it (or like, be in the middle of it) and realize I feel way less confident or happy or whatever than usual.

It's always a dull ache of weirdness and I can never pinpoint exactly what caused it (it's probably/definitely all the pieces coming together). On the bright side, this has never made me want to spend [exorbitant amount] on a piece of clothing, so that's a success.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Ritsuko Okazaki has already passed away so further sacrifices are moot
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    ^^ your experience sounds vaguely familiar. Only vaguely, but I've got this impression I can relate. Can't say anything about impact on spending habits though.

Also, one wonders what kind of shit can happen till 31st. (Presumably celebrity related.) January also holds some promises when you add in the politics and stuff.
  • edited 2016-12-29 03:46:39
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    lrdgck wrote: »
    ^^ your experience sounds vaguely familiar. Only vaguely, but I've got this impression I can relate. Can't say anything about impact on spending habits though.

Also, one wonders what kind of shit can happen till 31st. (Presumably celebrity related.) January also holds some promises when you add in the politics and stuff.

I need to look up popcorn manufacturers so I can invest in their stocks.

Wait, I'm not sure I have extra money to do so.  Oops.
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    You can always invest in sugar and rations. You know, just in case it's too hot for popcorn. And presumably a log cabin in the Rockies.
    I think Trump's success as a candidate has been a bad thing for the Pepe market.

People used to talk about Rare Pepes but now they're ridiculously common. And frequently duplicated, too.
    Wait for the next meme to come along so your appreciation of modern art can continue in peace?
    It seems the boom in rare Pepes has already reached its high point, but what you say sounds likely. Unfortunately I'm a bit out of the loop on this issue, so I can't say anything for sure.

Incidentally, who among us is the easternmost? Me, or are you in Hong Kong at the moment?
    I'm in a state best known for being the doofus of the United States, on the east coast.

I think fourteenwings may be an hour ahead of you.
    Happy new year y'all!
    Apparently there was a terror attack in Turkey by a man dressed as Santa. There's the punchline to the 2016-is-awful jokes.
    I think fourteenwings may be an hour ahead of you.
    I'm CAT(GMT+2) or I'm an actual cat you'll never knooooow
  • edited 2017-01-02 11:37:25
    "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    Then it depends if it's the summer time or the winter time, I can't remember which was supposed to be +1 and which +2. Looks like it's the same at the moment, judging by what that funny timezone website tells me.

edit: or not. I believe I have derped in regard to that.
    1989 historical pepe discovered

"Spanish for Mastery 1", by Valette & Valette
    p. 41
    ¡Hola!
    Me llamo José Antonio Linares Guzmán.
    Para mis amigos, me llamo Pepe.
    Soy del sur de España; soy de Sevilla."

[/snerk]
  • what
    medieval fantasy pepe
    http://www.medievaltymes.com/courtyard/images/maciejowski/leaf8/otm8rc.gif

REEEEEEEEE
    @vandro how are you feeling?
  • 1989 historical pepe discovered

"Spanish for Mastery 1", by Valette & Valette
    p. 41
    ¡Hola!
    Me llamo José Antonio Linares Guzmán.
    Para mis amigos, me llamo Pepe.
    Soy del sur de España; soy de Sevilla."

[/snerk]

Pepe is a common nickname for people called José, yeah.
  • edited 2017-01-07 01:55:21
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Oh?

I knew it was a common nickname; just didn't know it was a nickname for that particular name.

Still, though, I was half expecting @lrdgck to find some even older random mentions of Pepe.  lol
  • edited 2017-01-07 03:08:54
    He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.
    I've been suspended my medication, just gotta way for a follow up in february.

Also, got a new charger and mouse, so laptop is back. Didn't enroll for summer classes, a pity. Watched Sing and Rogue One at the cinema in quick succession. 
  • Good to know you're apparently doing better.

At the beginning of each semester I told myself I'd enroll for summer classes, but at the end I'd be too worn out to do so. I only did it once (geometry) after fucking up my first semester.
  • "In a mad world, only the mad are sane!"-Akira Kurosawa, Ran
    Was crew at World Debate Con, homeland did well in the ESL (English as a Second Language) finale, but it was pretty glaring how everyone argues from an international perspective: no-one was from the U.S. and the examples used of sensationalist news were HuffPo and Breitbart. 

Also, I helped organize the Gender Equity night, which was lean-in style feminism, powered by a very prestigious consultancy firm whose brochure was the worst sort of buzzword bingo. 
  • 2017 will be a better year for me because I'm healthier and making better choices.
    Let's hope both points stick.
    Second! I guess~
    @lrdgck had better get back quickly to give me my fix of funny internet images. :P