If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• edited 2016-11-26 16:25:30
    "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    Turned out all the crazy shit has been deleted. Pity. Should have taken a screenshot (or a dozen).
    (edit: it also turns out it wasn't "27". Must've taken the number from somewhere else.)
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Always good to see that people have no problem spouting that type of thing under their real identities. 

Perhaps the silver lining of political events bringing out the crazies and bigots is that the rest of us can be reminded in real time of exactly why no one likes their bullshit.

Which, ironically, justifies the position of those social justice folks they so hate.  Heh.
  • He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.
    Actually, I am of the mind that political correctness is what allow them to thrive, it gives them the ability to say "The powers that be don't want you to know the real truth"
  • edited 2016-11-27 06:35:38
    Pika Girl
    Which, ironically, justifies the position of those social justice folks they so hate.  Heh.

Ew no.
  • edited 2016-11-30 22:23:12
    "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    Curious. Perhaps you guys remember how I, the last year if my own memory serves me right, said that my seasonal moods seem to follow the metamorphoses of Pepe. I have said then that since Smug Pepe was the next in line, I await many smug feels this year. And guess how I feel about right now?

At this rate, I'm starting to wonder if next December you'll see me goose-stepping.
    (edit reason: typo)
    On what basis do you order the metamorphoses of Pepe?  Why is Smug Pepe next in line?
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    I'm primarily using the information provided by KnowYourMeme.
  • There is love everywhere, I already know
    Anyways
    >likepeopleneedmearoundhere

I won't be available from Sunday the 4th to Saturday the 10th.
    Aww.  Well, have a safe trip to wherever you're going!
  • edited 2016-12-02 19:23:18
    Have fun! Good timing, there's just enough of 2016 left to make the news.
  • Have a nice journey! (Or whatever it is you're doing.)
    Yeah whatever it is will not be fun (it's exams).
  • "In a mad world, only the mad are sane!"-Akira Kurosawa, Ran
    is it ethical to tell #PizzaGate truthers to get tips on how to avoid the government in gangstalking groups
  • I just learned that having your mouse speed set slow makes you better at drawing (by forcing you to use your shoulder).
  • edited 2016-12-15 21:30:48
    fug, I accidentally deleted what I had in my draft here. I hope I won't need it later.

Anyhows,
    I completed
    Introduction to Algorithms. I got a score of 58. I think, I'm not sure I graded this right (a lot of stuff is done with a maximum score greater than 100, but if it were on a basis of 100 it'd be far too lenient).

Well, first
    things first, holy fuck, the homework was hard as hell, having to figure out some code then make it work right and efficiently. There was this
    especially hard one that I couldn't complete even after an entire week
    (the allowed time). I also ran into trouble due to being unaware of the
    recitation's schedules, making me unaware of some stuff that would've
    come in handy. Most homework time was spent fixing bugs, which of course was annoying as hell. I guess I should start getting used to it if I'm to keep at this.

The exams weren't cake either, but at least I know I could've done better had I studied harder. Problems in general require a lot of creativity to come up with solutions, there's lots of stuff I never quite figured out how to do, so perhaps I should go back to this one day.

The lack of rigour was also troublesome, for the most part having to rely on worded arguments for proofs, more than once did I demonstrate something false. Dealing with asymptotic complexity (the O(f(n)) things) was problematic as well at first, since it's used to mean many things in different contexts I'd run in trouble trying to convince myself of some things such as f(n)=n*Theta(lg n) => f(n)=Theta(n lg(n))

Of course, I did learn a lot of interesting stuff that I've often been curious about, such as data structures, asymptotic complexity, a bit of computational complexity, and of course algorithms for lots of stuff (searching, sorting, path-finding, etc.). Knowing that stuff is cool, it's the process of learning that's the problem. Anyhow, I hope to put all that to good use soon enough (perhaps in 3d). I know at least there's one thing I could've helped my brother on with his thesis had I known this a year ago.

Also, it wasn't exactly true when I was told that computer science is not about computers.

All in all, if this had been in a real-life setting I expect this would've been breakdown inducing. I probably would've studied harder for exams but I don't know if getting help would've offset the fact that I'd also have to study for other stuff. I don't feel I slacked for this one so I wasn't wasting precious time.

And I learned about the word 'aibohphobia' (fear of palindromes).

Also, another thing I've noticed is the tendency to include in exam questions stuff from previous exams, it was there in the other courses but this time the final exam had stuff from all three parts in roughly the same proportion.

Anyhow, I need something easier, soothing and fulfilling, I'll go with... Physics III!

Edit: Also that course graph I posted earlier made me remember the unpleasant fact that the only course I aced was programming.
    Lately everybody in the fashion world (that I pay attention to) has been raeging (or literally raeging against) about Anti-Social Social Club. When If I first heard it I assumed it was just Public School but with a horrible distribution cycle (you can't even get their clothes at all without a reseller outside of like four states in the US) but it turns out all they make are horrible shirts and felt-looking hoodies with the (badly designed) logo on them which is ridiculous.

Also their website is a tumblr.

But then again, fashion.

And even more so, streetwear fashion, which charges hundreds of dollars for things you can literally get from H&M [insert your local "we sort of sell fashionable clothes here" place here].
  • "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"
    Sounds more hipster than Starbucks soy latte.

Incidentally, I had that sort of feelings about this fad where you wear torn clothes. I am also reminded of a hilarious Polish meme about a hipster meeting a homeless bum and mistaking him for one of his own.
    Meanwhile in Poland, we've had this exchange during the meeting of a parliamentary commission for who the fuck cares:

Questioner: "Do you know the person known as 'Tzarina'?"
    [the woman in question is supposed to be some sort of local mafia-business-politics connection]
    Witness: "The only 'tzarina' I know is Catherine."
    Q: "Full name."
    W: "Catherine The Great."

(Translation isn't word-for-word, but close enough.)
  • edited 2016-12-19 22:50:33
    You know what, following the current politics of Pepeland is kind of like watching the Special Olympics. Sure, you probably have your favourites, but... you know.

(edit)
    I forgot to mention. While I said "current", you may find it misleading. For the record, I mean it in the sense of whenever you look at it.
    > Pepeland

By this name you may have been referring to a country different from the one I first thought of.
    Wasn't this your joke in the first place?
    lrdgck wrote: »
    Wasn't this your joke in the first place?

Come to think of it, yeah.

Except the Electoral College just voted to make Donald Trump the next president of the United States.
    Yeah, once I got to know more about the politics of other countries it turned out ours own aren't all that exceptionally crazy as I'd liked to think.
    Hello fellows. Had been hospitalized for a pericarditis on the 11th all the way to the 15th(day in which my laptop charger died). Thank god for public hospitals. The food was horrible though.
  • That sounds nasty.

Get well soon!
    I hope.
    *asks auntie Wiki*
    Five days, sounds like it's not long for heart stuff.
  • edited 2016-12-22 21:24:29
    He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.
    I am on anti inflammation pills fuor the forseeable future though.And can get worked up either.
  • "In a mad world, only the mad are sane!"-Akira Kurosawa, Ran
    On the one hand, we can literally murder you through the internet now if we're inflammatory enough. 
    On the other hand, glad you're better, hope you can cope with the conditions and that you live long and propser/go out in a blaze of glory (depending on what you want out of existence). 
  • Secret Santa Report: My info was wrong and a bag of snacks was not enough for a present, so when I noticed some the other employees' gifts were wrapped boxes I had to storm out to buy some more with the bit of cash I had in hand, and a gift bag (the gathering was rescheduled and I didn't find out early enough to wrap mine). I put in some more but I think I was the one who gave out the least, although some disagree.

Anyhows, Merry Christmas!