If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Vidya Gaems General

Comments

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Anyone know when Minecraft gets discounted?

• I don't think Minecraft ever gets discounted. 

• BeeBee
    edited 2013-06-06 01:28:27

So for everyone who watched the last Spacechem tournament, the next one is being hosted by WildM, the runner-up.

Among the first set of challenges?  Move a collection of random salt inputs to the other end of the screen...without letting either waldo leave the input areas.  That was...a thing.

• "I've come to the conclusion that this is a VERY STUPID IDEA."

Oh, trust me, it'll get much worse, and I intend to have a blast every step of the way.

• I found it amusing that my time for doing that challenge was probably faster than if I just grabbed and shuttled them to the other side.

I suck at weapon-switching.  This seems to apply across multiple genres of action games.  While everything else I do in Ys Origin feels intuitive--even using spells--switching between them doesn't.  Switching between spells in Recettear also requires a similar level of conscious thinking.  And I still haven't yet mastered the Degreaser-Powerjack or Degreaser-Axtinguisher combos in TF2.  When I try weapon-switching in TF2 I have a frequent tendency to switch to the wrong weapon.

• The "Q" button is immensely helpful for this. Also be sure to go to the advanced settings menu and select quick switch, it's such an improvement that I honestly wonder why it isn't the default setting.

Oh.  I'll have to look into that.

I currently have Q and E bound to previous and next weapon (in the cycle), in TF2.

• BeeBee
    edited 2013-06-07 15:19:19

In games like Ys that use ZXC controls, I always rebind switching weapons to S -- chances are you're not going to be swinging or casting in the exact moment you switch.

• I'm quite liking Warframe, but I wish it was better at teaching me the game.
  • I...I might have a competitive time on one of the Spacechem tourney challenges.  I got Input Island below 100.

• ^^ Yea I know what you mean, I especially want them to give more information on how to farm for new warframes more effeciently, or they making the farming a bit less of a grind.
    Seeing as I maxed out all my favorite gear trying to get the blueprints for the volt warframe it could be construed as somewhat of a design flaw in an otherwise awesome free game.

• a little muffled

Man what is with all the digital TCGs all of a sudden? I can think of at least three that are in beta, and one got 7× its funding goal on Kickstarter recently.

• Kichigai birthday!!
    http://www.ugo.com/games/top-25-worst-e3-moments?page=5

So I was reading this article when I got to this line

"Konami was obviously trying to join in on the

musical rhythm game bandwagon"

YOU FUCKING IDIOT THEY FUCKING MADE RHYTHM GAMES IN THE FIRST PLACE AAARRRHGHH

They pretty much created the rhythm game genre with DDR.

My net is slow right now but does that article have comments?  If so, are there multiple comments refuting that line?

• edited 2013-06-09 14:18:13
    Kichigai birthday!!
    It has a comment section but no one commented. The article seems to be a few years old so there's no point in commenting now
  • "I've come to the conclusion that this is a VERY STUPID IDEA."

Finally picked up Civ V with all of the (current) DLC. Just what I needed-- another time sink.

• Man what is with all the digital TCGs all of a sudden? I can think of at least three that are in beta, and one got 7× its funding goal on Kickstarter recently.

Freemium craze.  All the fun of charging more for a handful of competitive cards than for entire professionally-made games, none of the hassle of investing in printing anything.

• Ooh Killer Instinct 3. Then I remember it's on the Xbox One and that killed my hype boner pretty quickly.
  • Kichigai birthday!!
    Also it's being made by Double Helix, the people behind Silent Hill Homecoming
  • They're somethin' else.

lol did not get hype

• Yeah I'm kind of expecting KI3 to just be Mortal Kombat with a slightly different cast, with the new MicroRare staff having no idea why the other Killer Instinct games were worth playing (a ridiculously robust and non-arbitrary combo and countering system).

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

Looks like the CD Projekt folks let out a new trailer for Witcher 3. As trailers go, this one doesn't pump me up like some others did, but it's good to see their work progress.

• Kichigai birthday!!

MEGAMAN

IN SMASH BROS

Other than that the Direct kinda sucked

• edited 2013-06-11 12:38:22
    "I will grant you two wishes; one for each testicle."

Hey, I think the Multiplayer 3D Mario game was cool.

But yeah, other than new Bayonetta stuff and MOTHERFUCKING MEGAMAN not much happened.

Plus nobody said anything about what the fuck SMTxFE is going to be and that makes me mad.

> mega man in smash bros

Holy shit, for reals?

• Kichigai birthday!!
    The problem was that none of the games shown was unexpected, except for Donkey Kong. The games themselves look cool.
  • They're somethin' else.

MEGA MENG

FUCK YEAH!

ROCK THE CLASHMAN, ROCKIN' THE CLASHMAN!