If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Vidya Gaems General

Comments

• Consult more gods, add more difficulty.

• You can change. You can.

I think the complaint does involve it being too difficult, man.

• Oh. 

Well, in that case I have no idea what he's talking about and I retract my earlier statement. Apologies.

• Pokkity Pokkity Pokkity

In case anybody doesn't know, Poker Night 2 is now up for preorder on Steam (just $5 and you can get PN1 for free, or a gift copy if you already have it). For XBLA and PSN, I'm not quite sure yet, but it'll turn up soon.

• Bow and shield, fuck crowd control.

• So I'm currently waiting for my copy of Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon to arrive in the mail.

Anyone here played the game and know what I should be expecting? I really enjoyed the first game, but I haven't spent much time looking at Dark Moon's gameplay.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

Downed the Rathian in Monster Hunter without too much trouble (forged a goddamn chainsword just for the occasion, fuck yes). Very fun fight, despite all the poisoning. Fuck poison.

• I think the complaint does involve it being too difficult, man.

The complaint is that I feel as if difficulty has been traded in for fake difficulty. As opposed to enemies that are genuinely difficult for various reasons, there are enemies who are difficult for the wrong reasons (take the floating green eye fellas: can barely damage them when they have their eyes shut and they try to swarm you in large numbers). I'm all for a game being ludicrously hard, but I'm feeling that the difficulty is coming from the wrong place.

Don't get me wrong, it's still a great game (despite what I said last night), but I feel that this is marring it.

Whilst we're on the subject of Bastion, has anybody got any tips for the Mancer Observatory proving ground? I'm having real trouble with even getting Third Place.

• Apologies for the double post, but it's not letting me edit my post and is coming up with three seperate edit boxes: take the floating green eye fellas: can barely damage them when they have their eyes shut and they try to swarm you in large numbers - meaning rather than anything challenging it's just a tedious process of whittling down the swarm before they swarm you and explode (yes, I know how you're meant to look away from them, look back quickly and take them out).)

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

Downed the Rathian in Monster Hunter without too much trouble (forged a goddamn chainsword just for the occasion, fuck yes). Very fun fight, despite all the poisoning. Fuck poison.

Now you get to look forward to Ratholos, who spends way more time in the air, has more HP and breathes fire way more often. 

Also, I just got the high rank in Moga Village after defeating the "final boss" -- similar to Pokemon, completing the main part of the game unlocks post-game content. And damn, there is certainly some special stuff waiting after the conclusion of the main "plot" (insofar as a plot exists). 

• When it comes to those eye folks, just use weapons with piercing upgrades like the pike.

Additionally, the Calamity Cannon Proving Grounds is all but impossible without tier two or three upgrades. Get those.
  • I have tier four =/

• But you never had any to begin with.

Honestly, I always found the hardest proving ground to be the Bullhead Court. That place is horrible.

• Oh god don't even get me started. That fat bastard at the end almost drove me to tears.

• edited 2013-04-09 19:48:30

If you're playing that game on PC, for Bullhead Court, remap defend to mouse and have patience.

Regarding Mancer Proving Grounds, I checked, and I was wrong. You need tier five, 'Tracking Processor', so you can turn your Calamity Cannon into an enemy-seeking rocket launcher.

• I told you a hundred times Seibah, I don't want you in my pool

The only problem I had was with Fang Repeater's training ground. I could get up to the final stretch and it was just too much to manage.

I put all my upgrades in damage and clip size though since I could one hit the targets.

• edited 2013-04-09 20:04:47
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

Now you get to look forward to Ratholos, who spends way more time in the air, has more HP and breathes fire way more often.

I'm not really worried about the Rathalos, since monsters tend to make it really obvious when they're using elemental attacks. And I really didn't have much trouble hitting a flying Rathian.

Incidentally, I did both the repel and hunt quests for the Lagiacrus without much trouble either. I even got its tail on the latter.

• But you never had any to begin with.

Rathalos in a nutshell.

• I had a lot of problems with the Fang Repeater training ground, mostly because I'm a dumbass who didn't know how to lock-on-aim.

• edited 2013-04-11 02:28:48
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

Ugh. Forget what I said about the Lagiacrus. I tried capturing one (without Cha-Cha) and and got owned. That was the first time I died enough times to fail a quest.

Scratch that. Brought my Gunlance this time and got em. Bolt Axe here I come!

• Finished Bastion. Aside from my earlier complaints which still hold true, t'was a most excellent creation.

• I should do a second playthrough.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I started playing Fortune Summoners accidentally.

This game is quite fun, even if it is also quite difficult.

The Duramboros took forever to kill. Goddamn.

• To be or not to be? That is the question.
  • You can change. You can.

Oh also, Akrham Origins was announced. 

Gee, wonder why Scott Snyder is doing a Batman origin story and why they're doing a Batman vidya origin story.

• LaiLai
    edited 2013-04-10 19:54:07

Fuck the Foot Holders in Ice Man's stage. I hate those things.

FINALLY killed him with just the Buster. That fight leaves little to no room for error in dodging the Ice Slashers. Damn do I feel satisfied.

I fought the Rathalos twice, and killed it twice. I really don't see what the big deal is. They only really irritating thing about that fight is that the Rathalos is a big jerk when it comes to capturing. Yes, limp away at the exact moment I finish laying down my trap. Asshole.