If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Vidya Gaems General

Comments

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

[13:32:42] no
    [13:32:54] the console is supposed to play games
    [13:33:00] there are many games that are single-player
    [13:33:03] or local multiplayer
    [13:33:26] "i won't buy a vacuum cleaner because the power goes out sometimes"
    [13:33:27] really
    [13:33:39] 1. the power goes out far less than the internet hiccups
    [13:34:01] 2. power flow instantaneously provides effect, but internet connection requires connection to remote server
    [13:34:10] which is two connections (connection to internet, and connection to remote server)
    [13:35:03] 3. always-online console being inoperable unless online is like a microwave failing to be a platform for putting stuff on top of it, when the power goes out

[13:35:46] <@adam_orth> Sorry, I don't get the drama around having an "always on" console. Every device now is "always on". That's the world we live in #dealwithit
    [13:35:57] #1 no, not every device is
    [13:36:02] i like being able to turn off my internet connection selectively
    [13:36:04] you fucker
    [13:36:16] #2 i don't even have a smartphone
    [13:36:18] i don't have a tablet
    [13:36:20] i don't want either
    [13:36:24] your new technology sucks
    [13:36:26] #dealwithit
    [13:36:44] t(OnO)t

• In my mind the best way to deal with bad analogies is to play along with them (if possible). If you could get yourself a vacuum cleaner that didn't use electricity (everything else being the same), wouldn't you?

• Aaaand Astro Man down!

Jeebus, Mega Man and Bass can be tricky.

You mean one of those static rollers?

Yeah I'll use them too for whatever they're good for.

• I meant a vacuum cleaner that worked without any power source at all, but alright.

• Taking break from Mega Man and Bass. Beat 6 of the bosses. Yeesh, tough game.

• BeeBee
    edited 2013-04-05 21:22:51

Oh sweet mother of God

I finished the L-DOPA assignment in Spacechem.  Ugly as shit, and I had to pull out every single trick I know, but it WORKS.

Somehow.

And even better, now that I beat it, I finally watched the video of Guava's solution someone posted a few pages ago.

Mine's faster.

Somehow.

Here, if you're curious. (spoiler, complete solution)

There's a kind of twisted, Azathothian beauty to watching this terror get assembled.

• "I will grant you two wishes; one for each testicle."

Man, Spacechem seems complex as balls.

If testicles were really goddamn complex.

Just played (and finished; it's a short game) Potatoman Seeks the Troof.

I had actually seen part of the game previously.

And I still don't get it.

I guess the troof is he's a potato.

• a little muffled

My biggest complaint with SolForge so far is what seems to be a pretty common one, namely that the difference between the difficulties is too big. Easy is too easy, and Normal is too hard. Normal should be Hard, and there should be a Normal in between the two.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

That's my second-biggest complaint. The first would be the difference in power in the decks. I consistently win on normal if I have the Nekrium/Uterra deck, but consistently lose on normal with the Tempys/Alloyin deck.

• a little muffled

Yeah, the decks could stand to be more balanced. I prefer to play the Tempys/Alloyin deck anyway.

Hopefully we get the Kickstarter decks soon and then there will be some more variety.

I'm fortunate in that Nekrium/Uterra are the playstyle I favor anyway, and the decks I picked for my rewards.

• a little muffled

Heh, I picked Tempys and Alloyin for mine.

• In the vein of Alex:

Fuck you Burner Man.

Beat you, but fuck you nonetheless
  • BeeBee
    edited 2013-04-06 00:50:53

Man, Spacechem seems complex as balls.

If testicles were really goddamn complex.

Most of it isn't.  Keep in mind that one is not only a user-submitted bonus assignment (which is typically much harder than the main game to begin with), but that one in particular is the worst puzzle out of that.  By a longshot.

• To be or not to be? That is the question.

You like cRPGs? Then  has the sale for you! Oh, and please get Planescape Torment!

Oh, wow, that is some clever sale scaling. The tenth game only costs seven cents.

I think Groupees' Build-a-Bundle bundles do a similar thing.

• edited 2013-04-06 10:25:00
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
  • yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

this is so cool.

for me to say much else would spoil the experience, just watch that video (though not if you're prone to seizures or nausea), it's awesome.

• Kermit plays video games.

Also, got bored with that video.
  • I started playing Bastion earlier, and I've got to say, I adore this game. I love the presentation and design (especially the Narrator's smooooooth voice), I love the music, and I'm finding the gameplay simple yet extremely engaging and addictive.

• You can change. You can.
    Welcome, brother. I see you have witnessed perfection.
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.

Full Ratholos set acquired.

Bring it on, Monster Hunter. 

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

^Which particular game are you playing Alex?

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (for the Wii U. You probably knew that. But I don't know what the 3DS one is called and it may well have the same title.)

• But you never had any to begin with.

It does.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

I'm playing the exact same version for the 3DS. I'm currently (over)-preparing for the Gobul fight, because apparently even people who are good at this game hate that fight.

Have you checked out the (free) DLC quests? The Bullfango one is quite easy and you can get a pretty sweet Gunlance out of the deal.

Gobul's a pain, but he's not that bad as long as you keep your head and play it safe. He's a complete sissy on land, too, so make the most of it if you can catch him there. The biggest issue with that fight is that he's got more unique moves than most monsters, so he's initially catch you off guard pretty easily. If you can beat Ludroth, though, you can beat Gobul. 

And nope, haven't checked the DLC quests. My internet connection is spotty at the best of times, and I've still got a ton of on-disc content to work through. I might check some of them out. That said, I'm not much of a Lancer (or Gunlancer), usually sticking to Longswords and Switch Axes. Lances are great underwater, but they're too slow on land for my liking, and I usually end up taking a bunch of stamina damage from blocking. In turn, that means I can't use my preferred means of defense -- getting the hell out of the way.