If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Vidya Gaems General

Comments

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

>steam update news
    >buy Dead Island Riptide and get a free copy of Dead Island GOTY edition
    >Dead Island
    >Game of the Year edition

D:

• edited 2013-04-04 23:02:27
    a little muffled

So! SolForge PC beta is finally out! I am excited.

Or, I was. However the client is...slightly disappointing. I mean, the actual game seems to be good, but it has no fullscreen mode (seriously?) and it crashed before I could finish the tutorial...

Edit: Having played a full game, can confirm that the actual game is good. Still disappointed about the client, but that's more likely to be fixed.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

* play more Recettear

* play more La-Mulana

* play Potatoman Seeks the Troof

* play Mutant Mudds, Oozi: Earth Adventure, or Adventure Apes and the Mayan Mystery

Which do?

^^Downloaded. Seems pretty fun so far, but does the beta just give you a random deck each game or something?

Quick question, are there any Magic the Gathering videogames that contain Sheherezade?

• a little muffled

@ClockworkUniverse: No, there are only two decks and it's random which one you get and which one the AI does. The iPad version worked the same way at first, but the ability to choose which one you want was the first update they did. Eventually you'll be able to use the decks you unlocked from Kickstarter; the iPad people already have that.

Okay, cool. Just checking that I wasn't missing anything.

• Quick question, are there any Magic the Gathering videogames that contain Sheherezade?

It's not in MtGO, not in Forge, I don't remember it being in Microprose's game and I doubt it's in the other programs with only a couple thousand cards available.

• a little muffled

Unlikely it ever will be, either, since it's banned in every format including the ones that normally don't ban things.

• edited 2013-04-05 01:05:11
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Favorite card in SolForge: Grimgaunt Devourer. In the last game I played, I stopped actually trying to win, in favor of seeing how high I could get it. I got to 56/25.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

Do monsters become ever increasingly more annoying to fight/capture? Because fuck the Qurupeco and fuck the Royal Ludroth harder.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

That depends on your level of equipment and how observant you are. And your preferred weapons, I guess. The thing is, though, that once you've mastered the Great Jaggi, Qurupeco and Royal Ludroth, you know most of the common moves monsters can throw at you in this game. Some monsters are definitely quite tough, such as the upcoming Gobul (fuck that guy), but for the most part, you can use your existing knowledge and experience against new monsters and come out on top. 

• They're somethin' else.

Ah, Mutant Mudds. Got it on sale a week ago on my 3DS, and I'm loving it. The hover mechanics remind me of Gargoyle's Quest, though o_O

• It's only thematically appropriate that Sheherezade is banned.
  • edited 2013-04-05 07:10:23
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

So, I don't still have the link for this right now, but yesterday on Twitter, Microsoft's creative director went on an angry rant about how stupid anyone who didn't have all their electronic devices always online is, comparing them to someone who wouldn't buy a vacuum cleaner because electricity is out sometimes. Anyone who made legitimate points to him, he pretty much attacked or at best posted an obnoxious image macro response.

To be clear, I don't have the source link, but I'm not joking about this, and it isn't still April Fool's Day.

I am mentally picturing a very serious businessman-type guy walking around Microsoft's gaming division pouring fuel all over the place, then burning the entire building down. Seriously, if they're doing this, I can pretty much guarantee that the next Xbox will be a complete sales disaster.

EDIT: Found an article about it. Have some images:

• But you never had any to begin with.

He's the creative director. The actual president of Microsoft's gaming stuff is Don Mattrick.

Okay, someone explained that to me wrong then.

Fixing that.

• Kichigai birthday!!
    Have they actually confirmed the nextbox will have always online? It seems weird he would be defending it for no reason
  • yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

I will honestly be amazed if the 720 doesn't suck. Because as is, I've found no reason to like the Wii U, I'm pretty sure the PS4 is going to have a bunch of bullshit attached to it, and while I like the 360 well enough, it has some serious flaws that I imagine are going to be expanded upon rather than fixed when the new console gen comes out.

All told, I might buy an Ouya, if that doesn't flop (and the chances of it not flopping are minimal), and am probably going to skip the rest of this console generation until all the kinks get ironed out of it.

• Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto!

Of the three, I think PS4 has the most potential for awesome.

• Kichigai birthday!!
    I think Wii U has potential, and so does PS4. Xbox doesn't look too hot and Ouya is just pathetic.
    The Wii U looks okay in the right hands, the PS4 looks like another PS3, which is okay if ot has good exclusives, and...well, I haven't touched my 360 in years and I'm not expecting Microsoft to change directions.
  • a little muffled

@ClockworkUniverse:

Favorite card in SolForge: Grimgaunt Devourer. In the last game I played, I stopped actually trying to win, in favor of seeing how high I could get it. I got to 56/25.
    That card wrecks me every time the AI gets it out, but it never seems to do anything when I do. :(

• "I will grant you two wishes; one for each testicle."

Honestly, the 3DS is winning this console war, personally.

^^Yeah, if the AI plays it, you need to devote everything to destroying it. Though if the AI is playing it, it has a better deck than you do as far as I can tell, so good luck with that.

^That's kind of a different war, though.
  • a little muffled

Consensus seems to be that that deck is better, yeah. I prefer the other one myself.

• LaiLai
    edited 2013-04-05 13:17:20

Gonna play bro's copy of LA Noire today. It looks really interesting to me.

In fact, I think we're trying to play each other's games. He didn't really continue on Metroid Prime as he said it was too dark to see stuff. Might have been the TV.

Can I go argue with this Orthy guy

please

I really want to argue with him

it seems like it would be fun

• Noooo, don't let him drag you down to his level, Glenn!

Seriously, it's for your own good. :|

but i want to practice my zinger skills on him