If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Vidya Gaems General

Comments

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

That might've been me. Will check it out.

• edited 2013-03-31 19:20:11
    yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

so this is apparently that medieval combat game that Alex likes.*

I have to say that the low gravity mode seems really realistic.

*obligatory discliamer that I may be misremembering. I just mostly wanted an excuse to post this.

• edited 2013-03-31 19:53:12
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

So I just finished Bioshock Infinite and UNCONTROLLABLE SHRIEKING 

I had high expectations for this game, and they were surpassed. 

Do they mean set after the events of VLR, or it takes place before it.

I'm assuming ZE3 = the test site.  Where Dr. Klim sent himself to try to stop the end of the world, that the events of VLR were meant to facilitate.  Which technically takes place between 999 and VLR, but through the magic of time travel fuckery is still a sequel.

Are spoiler tags not working?

• edited 2013-03-31 19:59:20
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Working for me. What tag did you use?

• But you never had any to begin with.

It's working from my end.

• edited 2013-03-31 20:00:40
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Must just be my laptop or something being weird I guess.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

http://www.commonly.cc/

This looks interesting.

Maybe I'll give them something because I like their cause.

• I was not even aware that Creative Commons had a public domain license.

Anyway yeah, that's pretty cool.  More free content is always good.

• You can change. You can.
    So question: is Bioshock Infinite worth a rental or a buy?
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

It's the best Bioshock game by a large margin, and I don't say that lightly.

• You can change. You can.
    Buying it is. If you turn out to be wrong, I'll send an endless cat horde to your house.
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Also, the PC version is one of the prettiest games I've ever played at times.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

I'm honestly wary about Bioshock: Infinite (mainly since the SA thread has the "misogyny" tag), but I don't really know enough to really make an accurate judgement.

Why are you taking SA thread tags seriously? And besides, that thread was made before the game came out.

• edited 2013-04-01 15:09:07
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

mainly since the SA thread has the "misogyny" tag

That's probably because of how their publisher required them to have the cover only show the PC, despite the main character being Elizabeth.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Seconding "Infinite is best Bioshock."
  • I don't know about the Games thread, but the PYF little things in games thread fucking loves the game.

• I'm a damn twisted person
    Isn't PYF the bitching thread?

It's an entire subforum that happens to contain most of the complaining threads.

• edited 2013-04-01 15:39:56
    Has friends besides tanks now

By complaining threads do we mean point-and-laugh-at-things-we-don't-like threads?

V Also, that's the more relevant detail here.

• Yeah. But PYF stands for "Post Your Favourite", so it doesn't have to be only bitching. So there's a PYF little things in games thread, which is a great way to find out about things that could totally make a game for you.
  • "I will grant you two wishes; one for each testicle."

I just played Fire Emblem Awakening for a week and I absolutely loved it.

Now I must abandon it and wait for two months before I see it again.

• Infinite's a bit on the short side, about twelve hours or so, which means that instead of playing Lost - a long TV show - you're playing Looper, a tight, good movie.

Also, yes. It's pretty much Looper mixed with a little Beauty and the Beast.
  • I'm a damn twisted person
    Add in taking a lot of cues from Silent Hill.
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

I just picked up the full version of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, and I'm having a lot of fun. Both the Hammer and Switch Axe feel really awesome, but it's hard to find upgrades for the latter this early in the game. So, I'm going to stick with Hammers for now (sorry Alex).

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

Both longswords and switch axes were originally introduced later in the game when it was initially released as Monster Hunter Tri for the Wii. As a result, the bulk of their upgrades are only really accessible later on, although a few early upgrades have been added. 

My suggestion is to have two or three main weapons of different types as your primaries. If you only ever use one weapon, some monsters will pose a much more significant threat than usual, depending on context. For instance, some weapons kind of suck while swimming and some kind of rule. Lance weapons are an example of the latter; for all their mobility flaws while on solid ground, their rock-solid defense helps mitigate some of the issues that arise when fighting underwater. 

Hammers are primarily about stunning. Conventional Monster Hunter wisdom suggests you stick to a monster's rear or flank and attack from there, but the hammer weapon class laughs in the face of danger. Stuns are more effectively achieved (or can only be achieved?) when striking a monster's head. As a drawback, cutting off monster tails is somewhere between stupidly difficult and impossible, so it's more difficult to get some of the more unique and rare drops. In short, hammers give you a slight advantage in front-on combat and a slight disadvantage in your upgrade economy. 

• Should I buy the Uncharted 3 GOTY Edition? I only want it for the multiplayer.
  • One foot in front of the other, every day.

Probably not. Uncharted's multiplayer is competent, but there's plenty of better multiplayer games out there.