If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

TVTropes Is Down

Comments

• Oh, so it's a virus attack then, is it? That makes me feel a bit better... I think... The site I linked to says it's up now, but when I tried to access it, it takes a long ass time to load.

So I think it's getting better.

• Could be nothing really major. I don't really care, honestly. Just need to find some other time-waster.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

I haven't used the site in ages, but didn't it go down all the time in the past?

• Pokkity Pokkity Pokkity

Strangely enough, iidrn has been rather erratic on whether it says TVT's up or not. This is getting rather concerning, particularly since I'm still having no luck.

• ^^ When was "the past", exactly?

^ Well, isup.me has been pretty consistently saying "down" for the past few hours.

• I honestly did not know anyone here still used it. Even I didn't notice until now.

• edited 2013-03-21 15:05:23
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

When was "the past", exactly?

Idunno. Like two years ago?

• Censorship attack from the fuzz?

What?

• What?

You know, something like with SOPA or CISPA or ACTA.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Except that none of those are actually things. They all failed.

• You can change. You can.

Plus,  if memory serves, TvT hardly falls under the purview of those, anyway.

• Yeah, that's veering dangerously into "conspiracy theory" territory.

• edited 2013-03-21 15:27:24
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

^^The main problem with those was that basically everything on the internet fell under their purview.

That said, when one site goes down, you don't conclude that some conspiracy from the powers of the world has brought it down. You conclude that maybe there was a hardware failure or virus or something.

Ninja'd.

• I honestly did not know anyone here still used it. Even I didn't notice until now.

I'm only here to find out what's going on with TV Tropes. 

Is anybody getting a "Spark Pay" pop-up when you try to access the site?

• edited 2013-03-21 15:31:01
    But you never had any to begin with.

Is anybody getting a "Spark Pay" pop-up when you try to access the site?

Yes.

EDIT: It's run by Capital One, apparently.

• People are already concluding that TVTropes is dead... Seriously, why is there a lack of backup anywhere!?

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

People are already concluding that TVTropes is dead... Seriously, why is there a lack of backup anywhere!?

Oh come on, it's probably just a server failure at the absolute worst. And that would take a couple days, again at worst, to fix.

• Calm down. You said that It's only been down a few hours-- they're probably just having some sort of hardware problem.

• People are already concluding that TVTropes is dead... Seriously, why is there a lack of backup anywhere!?

Uh, people as in... where? Also, yeah, it could just be a hardware or server issue.

• edited 2013-03-21 15:58:45
    But you never had any to begin with.

• Tweet from the twitter page "Little DoS problem today. We'll be back on the air as soon as possible."

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Yeah, I'm getting sparkpay and capital one stuff.  Asking for a password.

• edited 2013-03-21 16:16:56
    Pokkity Pokkity Pokkity

And now it's back up.

It went back down.

• I can still access it. isup.me says it's up too.

• I don't even call it violence when it's in self defence; I call it intelligence.

It's up. Click on links to it (Google for example) to see. There might still be some DNS problems or problems with cache/cookies on local machines.

It went back up again.

It's going up and down and up and down very rapidly.