If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

TVTropes Is Down

edited 2012-11-23 08:42:06 in General

For some reason, this just started today. I clicked on a usual tropes link, and soon it declared itself as down. It also seems to be down for everyone else too, it seems.

It's bugging me because I don't know what the problem is, or if it could be fixed at all.

Comments

• Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto!

I think you shall find that a large margin of users in this terminal do not care, human.

• edited 2012-11-23 09:10:12

>human

Uh, I'm ThatHuman. He is not.

Joking aside, I'm sure it'll be back up eventually.

edit:well, whaddaya know, it's back up again.

>I'm ThatHuman

Teach me of this thing you humans call...-scanning...- "Love"

• And now it's down again.

• Champion of the Whales

>Implying people care that tvt is down.

Well, a person does.

• Most of us here really couldn't care less about it.

•  Teach me of this thing you humans call...-scanning...- "Love

Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope... Love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticule, and together, achieving a singular purpose against statistically long odds.

...or something.

• Poot dispenser here

And it's up again.

AND YA GOT ME, AND YA GOT ME, AND YA GOT MEEEEEE

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I think you shall find that a large margin of users in this terminal do not care, human.

Uhh, I care to know whether TV Tropes is down.  And others among us here do.

For what it's worth, it's up right now.

• You can change. You can.

He didn't say"everybody"

• Psst, y'all don't have to act like you've never liked TV Tropes.

I still like TV Tropes.

I just don't like the parts of TV Tropes that I don't like.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

^^Psst, they aren't.

• edited 2012-11-24 19:25:22

• So, guys, are we done with the "don't care" parade? can we go back to actually not caring?

I'd be all for it.

• Kichigai birthday!!

tv tropES on paras :DDDD

ijbm on paaska :D

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

dis thred is edgy

• Definitely not gay.

Hey I for one like TVT's Adventure Time page.

• JHMJHM
    Here, There, Everywhere

I still hang around TVT now and again, so I can't say I dislike it overall, but I do dislike aspects of it, both as a wiki and as a community.

So it goes.

Also, it's not down now. It sometimes goes down for a few minutes and pops back up again. It's a thing.

Mod post: If you don't want to talk about TV Tropes, don't.

If you have a criticism of TV Tropes, say it directly, so we actually have something to discuss. Don't just make snide remarks.

Thanks.

^^ I haven't noticed any TVT downtime lately.

Then again I'm not on that much.  And I'm usually only the forums.  Though I take occasional wiki walks.

• I still like killing time with TvTropes if I'm waiting for a download or something.

• JHMJHM
    Here, There, Everywhere

^^ Not lately, but I definitely noticed it a lot a few months ago.

• edited 2012-11-25 10:52:46

wrong thread

• And now it's down again... For a long ass time it seemed... Is this worth a bump?

• Pokkity Pokkity Pokkity

Guess so.  You're not the only one either.  This morning it went erratically from working perfectly to not loading to briefly working then not loading then briefly working again and then it seemed to have pooped out.  And yes, I've checked multiple computers to see what the case is.

• According to this site, it's been down for four straight hours... Something has gone wrong... DDOS attack? Censorship attack from the fuzz? I'm jumping to conclusions...

• When I access it, it pops up something like SparkPay. I hope it isn't something severe.

In any case, I think the staff needs to set up some reliable means of communication when the site is down for an extended amount of time, like an email list. It doesn't help that @tvtropesnews on Twitter is inactive.