If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

TVTropes Is Down

Comments

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

Does any of you have any estimate as to how many of us, proportionally speaking, arrived from TVT? Seems to me like most folks in here once were, or occasionally still are, active Tropers.

• edited 2013-04-22 19:27:32
    A Mind You Do NOT Want To Read

Seems to me like most folks in here once were, or occasionally still are, active Tropers.

You talk as if this isn't to be expected, given our roots and the fact that we have absolutely no fame.

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

It is what I expect, but at times it's like everyone denies any connection to TVT. I even remember someone complaining that we behave as if we were some sort of TVT split-off. So I was curious if the "denialists", I'll call them so 'cause it's funnier this way, have any argument if there's any attempt to deny the link in the future.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Well there's a lot of people here who are former tropers, with an emphasis on "former", in the sense that they don't like where the site has gone and would rather have nothing to do with it anymore.

Contrast this to the "okayers" I guess who are still okay with TVT; this group includes "stayers" who are still at TVT.

oh gawd did i just give people labels by which to socially separate themselves from others crap crap crap

Did we have any influx from other sites, say, SA through BTL? Let's say including those folks who had a TVT account for just a short time before permanently moving.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

The one guy I can think of who I know came from SA is permabanned.

• ^Do you mean that pumpkin guy? What did he do?

^^I'm here from BTL.

May I ask how you got there? BTL started as yet another TVT spin-off, so in many cases it'd just count as, to continue that classification, the "former Troper" faction.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Do you mean that pumpkin guy? What did he do?

He was GLORIOUSLeader, claiming to be someone who came from SA. I was talking about SotiCoto.

• edited 2013-04-22 20:12:23
    Has friends besides tanks now

I remember we also had two or three other SA users for a brief time (including Miijhal, who was formerly a troper), but they didn't stay for very long.

^ I didn't know SotiCoto came from SA. I wouldn't have thought goons would tolerate him.

• I thought Soti Coto was here because I dissed his youtube videos and Vorpy went and told him.

• edited 2013-04-22 20:13:03
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

^Was he? Huh. I didn't remember that.

Anyway, I am someone who doesn't like people talking about TVT, but only because it has resulted in a lot of bullshit in the past.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

Do you mean that pumpkin guy? What did he do

That was GloriousLeader an ex-IJBMer who account suicided and came back as basically your stereotypical GBS poster, and he was banned after the mods figured out he was ban evading.

Regardless, he would have probably been banned sooner or later for being a jackass anyway.

• edited 2013-04-22 20:12:56
    Has friends besides tanks now

^^^ That sounds more likely, yeah.

• edited 2013-04-22 20:21:13
    a little muffled
  • Two posts in and I'm digging that thread already.
  • JHMJHM
    Here, There, Everywhere

I haven't had a good laugh at the expense of a self-righteous jackass in a while. It feels a little wrong and pretty good at the same time.

• edited 2013-04-30 05:33:51

I'm getting a "the page is temporarily unavailable" on TVT right now.

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

Likewise.

Closer to that one, yeah.

the thumbnails of the videos in that thread are horrifying.

• Kichigai birthday!!
    Why don't we have any more crazy people here? That made the forum more fun, especially for the mods
  • Unban Vorpy

No justice, no peace
  • You can change. You can.

no mercy

• a little muffled

No matter what.

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

If we could unban Nautatrol, I don't see why not.

• Kichigai birthday!!
    ^^^

What if we make her scrub all the floors in Hyrule?
  • a little muffled

hey guys i think we should bring back chagen

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

Bring back SotiCoto and invite JimProfit while we're at it. Then it'll be a real party!

• DarkEricDraven is a much better choice, he was probably the most batshit user we ever had.

• But Jim Profit was such a legendary badass!

• You people are masochists.