If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Vidya Gaems General

Comments

• edited 2013-01-18 04:19:04
    A Mind You Do NOT Want To Read

Okay, so 2 isn't very well-liked either, and there don't seem to be any PC versions of 1...

...so Devil May Cry 3 and 4, I guess.

• Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto!

I'm always just gonna go with Bayonetta.

• There is love everywhere, I already know

"Nothing to see here, just gettin' off the train~"

• A Mind You Do NOT Want To Read

Yeah, that's not a bad idea, Saturn. From what I've read, Bayonetta and Devil May Cry don't seem to be that much different aside from the fact that in the former, Dante has huge tits and absurdly long hair that covers his entire body.

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

>Okay, so 3 isn't very well-liked either

wat.

I've never met a person who didn't call 3 the gem of the series.

• edited 2013-01-18 04:21:39

Whoa, you're right. I confused 3 with 2. Thanks for pointing that out, Malk, I almost made a huge mistake in deciding not to get 3.

• You can change. You can.

3 is the best DMC in terms of getting the spirit of the series right. 1 is great too, but I feel the gameplay is kinda rough compared to 3, but still worth playing. 

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

If you're going for the PC versions, avoid getting 3. It is the best game in the series, but the PC port is terrible.

• edited 2013-01-18 04:30:36

I have a gamepad. Will that make the PC port easier to deal with?

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

^No, since the port doesn't seem to recognize gamepads at all, nor can you rebind keys.

• A Mind You Do NOT Want To Read

I guess I'd be better off looking for a ROM of the PS2 version and trying to emulate that on my computer, then...

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

>3 is the best DMC in terms of getting the spirit of the series right. 1 is great too, but I feel the gameplay is kinda rough compared to 3, but still worth playing. 

1's roughness is the roughness of a first installment though. It's still pretty great.

I should state that while 2 isn't amazing it's still decent fun. My quality order is 3>1>4>2.

Another thing is that Bayonetta is confirmed by Word of God to be able to kick Dante's ass. I think that's kind of cool.

• But you never had any to begin with.

But can she beat the Demi-Fiend from SMT: Nocturne? :P

• edited 2013-01-18 14:46:55
    They're somethin' else.

1 is amazing in the sense that the classic Castlevania series is amazing when compared to the Metroidvanias. It's a little trim compared to say DMC 3 and 4, but every attack, every stage design quirk and every enemy serves its purpose. It's very non cluttered, and still has a lot of versatility to be found here and there.

But just not to the level of DMC 3.

IMO just try out the first game until you beat the normal mode. If you feel like braving hard mode, go for it, or just skip directly towards DMC 3 and go crazy.

I've never played DMC 4, but I probably should.

• Beat the true final boss of Ys Origin.  I'm VERY worried about nightmare.  While the third character can cheese the shit out of the regular final boss pretty well, even without a revive item, he's probably the single worst character that could be taking on the true final because even with the special thingy at the end he has no good way of hitting its final weak spot, exposing the weak spot in the rest of the fight is way too finicky, and I was getting fps issues even with as much shit as was flying around in normal.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Playing Borderlands.

I figured it would be about on the level of Torchlight, and I'm still not sure if it's above or below. On the plus side, the mechanics are infinity times more interesting, but on the other hand, this game thinks it's really damn clever.

• yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

eyyyyyyyy is GMH around? I need to ask him how he set up that livestream last night cuz I wanna do one for Shoot First. It's the perfect livestream game.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Okay, so Borderlands is really fun, though its humor is mostly falling flat still.

• "I will grant you two wishes; one for each testicle."

I've heard the humor in Borderlands 2 is slightly better, but since I never played the first game, I'm not entirely certain. It's funny at times.

But I've also heard that unless you absolutely loved Borderlands 1, you should skip 2 since it doesn't change much.

• Yeah, BL2 does that.

Sometimes they are really clever, though.
  • Poot dispenser here

The writing for characters is kinda good, actually.

• edited 2013-01-20 21:24:51
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Borderlands 2 is basically like Borderlands 1, but improved in every single way.

Also, it has Handsome Jack.
  • Playing Link's Awakening.

Damn it, game. I know what a Guardian Acorn does, you don't need to tell me EVERY TIME I pick up and you just make an annoying looping song replace the regular music!

Other than that, I'm liking it so far. :V

Are you playing the original or the DX version?

• They're somethin' else.

I fucking love Link's Awakening.

• DX Version.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

I need to finish Link's Awakening.

Forzare, every time I see your avatar, I die a little inside.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

Does that mean you finished VLR?