If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

A Wild Pokémon thread appeared!

Comments

• No rainbow star
    Ok. Knocked him out

Restarted from last save, but for... Why am I even bothering with the post E4 if the Nuzlocke made me start dreading playing the game?
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Does anyone else occasionally get streaks where you'll miss 5-6 times in a row for no obvious reason? 

Tends to happen when you're using 80-Accuracy moves like Poison Gas.

• No rainbow star
    Fuck it

Done with the Nuzlocke

I knew I was the second I kept in my favourite ally instead of switching when I knew the next attack would be fatal
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

See my post-game Nuzlocke rules.

Basically, you can catch any one Pokemon from the Routes now, and only important battles like Gym rematches can kill your Pokemon.

• No rainbow star
    ^ I already started my imported level 100 slaughter of trainers. Bit late for that

And I'm finding myself still agitated. The Nuzlocke ruined White for me. I'm basically just playing now to try to help complete my White 2 Pokedex

Never doing a blind Nuzlocke of a new generation again. First run will always be a normal run

Alternately, use an Archeops from now on.

• No rainbow star
    Gragh just turned it off. Forgetting everything that happened up to just prior to the Thundurus fainting

Might continue, might not, but I'm just agrdhetfdfff and I blagh

>.< Fucking letting myself get worked up over a Nuzlocke...

Here's a suggestion.

Take a step away, do something else for ten minutes, then plug in a different game. Don't play Pokemon for a day or two, then when you've calmed down enough that the thought of the game doesn't aggravate you, come back to this thread and talk.

I've decided to become a ~pokemon breeder~ anyway, so I'm going to evolve my Larvesta into a Volcarona, then run around and get a few Larvesta, Beldum, Archen, Axew, Deino, and Jellicent eggs.

(By the way, if anyone wants an egg of a breedable Pokemon able to be obtained in Black, please let me know. I will get one for you.)

• No rainbow star
    I'm going to try playing White 2 as I'm not doing a Nuzlocke on that, and it doesn't get under my skin like White did

Do what you want then.

• Definitely not gay.

Does anyone else occasionally get streaks where you'll miss 5-6 times in a row for no obvious reason? 

Let me tell you

about how the AI controls HAX utterly

• Definitely not gay.

a solid anti-meta pick in OU.

>motherfucking KINGDRA

>good in OU

Dear lord. What is the world coming to?

It was written by the owner of the first forum I ever went to

...Damn that place had issues

Man, your first impression of the Pokemon fandom must've been horrid.

...was it TRsrockin, by any chance?

• But you never had any to begin with.

>motherfucking KINGDRA

>good in OU

Dear lord. What is the world coming to?

You do realise it was OU just one generation ago, right?

• edited 2012-10-15 09:40:53
    Definitely not gay.

That's before Swift Swim/Drizzle was banned, Ferrothorn was introduced and Gastrodon was made useful.

I suppose it's an anti-rain countermeasure, but it's walled by Gastrodon and Ferrothorn (two common rain team Pokes)

• No rainbow star
    ^ Swift Swim/Drizzle was only possible in ubers in generation IV

Kingdra got to OU on his own merits
  • No rainbow star
    Axew actually says his name! 8D
  • No rainbow star
    Should I try going for a shiny Darkrai and shiny Shaymin in Platinum?

I can't soft reset sadly
  • Finally found a female Combee after days of searching.

• No rainbow star
    Just found out

All the fire type starters are new years animals

In order from Gen 1:

Dragon

Rat

Chicken

Monkey

Pig

Which means the following are remaining:

Ox

Snake

Horse

Dog

Tiger

Rabbit

Goat

In short: I hope Gen VI has either a fire rabbit or fire ox
  • OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

I dunno, a fire snake would be pretty badass. Though a rabbit would be pretty cool too.

• No rainbow star
    ^ Yeah, but we just had a grass snake, so I'd like them to wait a bit before making another snake starter

True.

Crossing my fingers for a firebunny, then.

• No rainbow star
    Apparently all water starters are semi aquatic (so no dolphin or narwhal starters D:) and all grass starters are reptiles (well... That one was obvious)

Which technically means a generation where all the starters are snakes is theoretically possible
  • edited 2012-10-16 18:58:18
    No rainbow star
    Christ, Dunsparce and Salamence are the same size
  • yea i make potions if ya know what i mean

Dunsparce is best Pokemon.

No, Shedinja is best Pokèmon.

Sunkern is #2.

Duuuuuuunspaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarce

Shedinja is cool too, though. 

• a little muffled
    Have to give it to Shedinja here.

My favorite pokemon is actually Alakazam.

I just think Dunsparce is funny. Also underrated, it's got a pretty good movepool if we take TMs into account.

Probably shit competitively though, but I wouldn't know about that. 

• edited 2012-10-16 19:12:10
    a little muffled
    My favourite is...I dunno. Maybe Flygon. Or Porygon. Or...some other kind of gon.

Shedinja is my favourite from a pure gameplay perspective though.