If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

The introduction thread is the only thread I feel comfortable to post in

12346»

Comments

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

It's my old handle without all the o and a.

• They're somethin' else.

add me to this convo.

• edited 2012-06-21 12:00:26
    Loser

Nyarly,

But sometimes I still go here and look if there is something that interests me and maybe, if I think there is something I can say something to, even make a post (ignoring the fact that nobody really cares about what I say).

It seems to me that you might have reason to make that last comment if people actually consistently ignored your posts, but from what I can tell, that does not seem to be the case. Judging from this thread, some other people seem to have anxiety about posting too, so I doubt they would have much of a reason to ignore you. At the very least, I think you have worthwhile stuff to contribute.

CountryPumpkin,

If you guys want to attract more people, you might want to refrain from talking about drama in PMs that doesn't concern anyone who doesn't already have a vested interest in this and another website

Yeah, I am not sure I like seeing people post in a thread to ask to be added to a PM. I feel like that tends to encourage gossiping and I think it would make more sense to just PM people to ask them if you could be added to the mass PM instead of talking about it in an unrelated thread. I guess this forum is small enough that gossiping like that is not really as bad as it might be elsewhere though.

• You can change. You can.

Meh, at this juncture, I don't think many of us are actively looking for new people. They would be welcome, of course, but it's not something you can just create out of thin air. All we can do is hope for the best and keep stupid shit that might annoy newcomers (Or me) out of sight. So I agree on principle with taking it to a PM thread. I do wish that asking to be added wasn't so clunky but ah well.

(now if only there was an irc channel we could use...)

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

now if only there was an irc channel we could use

I've never liked IRC. If I alt-tab out and go do something else, I miss stuff.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Yeah, I don't really like this thing with everyone asking to be added to a PM.  That said, I don't know of a better way to do thing at the moment.  (Apart from people asking each other by PM to be added to a mass PM, and that's not really an improvement either.)

I could make a new category (i.e. subforum) for private discussions, but that might make things worse and make us look even more cliquish, and I already don't like how some people have that impression of us.  At the very least, right now, the existence of mass PMs is kind of public record.

I've never liked IRC. If I alt-tab out and go do something else, I miss stuff.

Err, how so?

I just like it because it enables big chatrooms, really. It's not perfect, but hey.

• edited 2012-06-21 12:19:37
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Well, see, I tend to do a bunch of things at once, and in a forum format, all the stuff I miss is right there. If I want to catch up to an IRC conversation, I have to scroll up, figure out where I left off, then read fast enough to catch up.

Oh. Well, the thing is, that's like catching up on a thread like IJBMer updates. There's no real point to reading anything but the last few posts because the topic probably has been already changed.

True. But nevertheless.

oh INUH. your OCD will kill you one day, I tell you.

I have X-Chat WDK as my IRC client, and what it does is drop this thin red line right before the first line of chat you haven't read yet.  It updates this line every time your IRC window loses focus.

Meh, I just check in and out of the channel depending on how interesting is a topic to me. I mean, I'm not going to read about an uninteresting topic now would i

That's actually one of my problems with #yackfest--that the channel is rarely talking about something I have much to say about, or even know much about.

That happens here too, but I can choose threads based on my interest and it's easier to start a new thread about something.

----

As for topic speed, though, #ijbm would almost certainly have fewer regulars than #yackfest, which means that topics won't move that fast and you won't have much scrolling back to do even if you afk.

By the way, our IRC channel is #ijbm on irc.esper.net .  Here is a Mibbit web client link if you don't have an IRC client like X-Chat or mIRC: http://wbeuk2.mibbit.com/?server=irc.esper.net:5555&channel=#ijbm

• a little muffled

I remember when #ijbm was mildly active.

That was a fun two days.

Yeah, I peeked in just now and everyone was idle.

now it's basically UE and Glenn talking about where to find best weeaboo music these days

• probably human

oooooh man fonts sure are fancy

Anyway, please add me to the PM? I am morbidly curious.