If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

The introduction thread is the only thread I feel comfortable to post in

Comments

• edited 2012-06-20 21:16:17
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Don't underestimate my ability for useless creativity when bored.

• What's a pm thread and what exactly did I miss while I was away?

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

A PM thread is a PM which multiple people can be added into.

You just missed a bunch of stupid drama, nothing to worry about.

• If it's useless, it's not creative.

PMs work differently here: they're actually more like invite-only forum threads or messageboards.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

With Vanilla's wonky coding.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Multiperson PMs are pretty much the only thing I actually specifically like about Vanilla.

They're glitchy as hell, but it's a good concept.

• a little muffled

I don't feel they work very well in such a small community; it seems that pretty much everyone ends up in all of them unless they (like me, usually) don't care enough to ask.

• edited 2012-06-20 21:34:20

Yeah, one of the more unusual features of this forum software, called Vanilla, is that private messages can have more than one recipient--basically turning them into invite-only conversations.

^^Yeah, but if they didn't exist, groups of people talking about stuff privately would be really clunky.

• It's even glitchier on the mobile version of the site.
  • a little muffled

I know, but having invite-only conversations which include the majority of the regular users does little to assuage the complaints that this place is cliquey and insular.

True.

Though it doesn't really happen much; mostly just when really annoying drama is happening.

• a little muffled

I know, and it doesn't really bother me that much.

• edited 2012-06-20 22:10:06

Not to mention that I'm still not sure whether it's possible to remove oneself from a conversation and be re-added at will.

UE tried to make a "remove me from the conversation" feature--and that's where the "evacuate conversation" button is from--but it seemed to have its own bugs that made it hard to re-join the conversation later.

So yeah, it just...well, bugs.

• About the OP: I know that feel +1

About the PMs: Oh! Oh! Add me! Add me!

• I'm a damn twisted person

eh sure, I like gossip. Add me in to if you please. 

• edited 2012-06-21 04:33:30
    Likes cheesecake unironically.

Funny, I always thought that more than the half of IJBM was on BTL anyway. That it's pretty much IJBM 2, where discussion/mindless bitching (supposedly less of the latter nowadays, not that I really know about it) is not only encouraged, but the main purpose.

Doesn't actually be the case though.

EDIT: Okay, there is a bit to this. Seems that stuff happened recently. Yeah, I guess it's better not to get into it.

• A Mind You Do NOT Want To Read

Put me down under "lurkers who only post occasionally". Like Compassionate Sadist, I'm just too lazy to actively participate any more than I do already.

• Likes cheesecake unironically.

^ Oh yeah, this too.

Actually, I'm even just an occasional lurker. I think I mostly lost interest in the site (and not just this one), so I'm not here most of the time. But sometimes I still go here and look if there is something that interests me and maybe, if I think there is something I can say something to, even make a post (ignoring the fact that nobody really cares about what I say).

• I'd certainly like to see what this place has to offer again, but I find myself disinterested for the most part.

But that just might be a personal thing :p

• I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

If you guys want to attract more people, you might want to refrain from talking about drama in PMs that doesn't concern anyone who doesn't already have a vested interest in this and another website, and also stop speaking in foreign languages for no reason.

I post enough that most regulars know me, but I guess if you just lurk here, that's fine too; it's certainly a site conducive to chatting about things every once-in-a-while.

• edited 2012-06-21 09:27:05
    He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

We don't speak in foreign languages for more than one-off jokes, CountryPumpkin

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

From what I've observed, mass PM conversations only spring up when there's drama that everyone wants to know about (i.e. gossip) but would be considered drama importation especially if it's publicly visible.  And then after the bout of drama, it dies down and people forget about the mass PM.

For what it's worth, the PM itself contains nothing that couldn't be derived from publicly visible content here or on other websites anyway.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

I'm curious about this bullshit, add me.

• "you duck spawn, refined creature, you try to be cynical, yokel, but all that comes out of it is that you're a dunce!!!!! you duck plug!"

Is this, like, on here? You can add me then, if you like, I'd read some gossip.

• edited 2012-06-21 10:57:56

...I just now noticed that the first letter of your name is a lowercase L and not a capital I.  I've been mentally calling you "Irdgick" for so long.

• edited 2012-06-21 11:03:00
    a little muffled

...Wait, his name isn't spelled with an I? I guess he has Reverse Iaculus Syndrome.

Man, fuck this font.

• Definitely not gay.

I read it as "Irg-dick".

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Maybe we should ask @Anonus or @Cloverleaf to suggest us a new font.

• Kichigai birthday!!

We can write in other fonts already. I hipster now