If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Vidya Gaems General

Comments

• I'm a damn twisted person

It's okay. I still have the naked stripper with sushi on her body. I don't need peer approval anymore. 

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

fuck

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

more seriously

I just can't get the motion controls to work. Whether this is because my sensor bar isn't at eye level, or I just suck, I don't know. But it's like, the electric pigs can be holding their swords vertically to their right, and so I strike horizontally at their unguarded left, and I get electrocuted. What the hell?

• We have reviewed your resume' and we find you delicious.
    The motion controls work just fine for me.

To say nothing of the fucking parachute sequence. It took damn near 30 tries for what the game assumed was a simple tutorial. With unskippable text that was mocking me the whole time. 

I got the parachute first try. It's just... the combat is unintuitive.

• edited 2012-05-20 21:54:08
    I'm a damn twisted person

Really I'm not a fan of motion controls and stuff like the kinect. What I'm actually doing and what the game thinks I am doing never quite match up and it is usually an unwieldy mess. It's less like I'm trying to play a game and more play a bizarre version of Simon says where Simon is a gibbering idiot. 

As for combat, what is the point of shields if they are that fragile? It just encourages dodging more than blocking since they break so easily and it is a pain in the ass to buy new ones or repair broken shields. 

I purposely failed it on the first try for laughs. Nailed it on the second try.

I never hit the B button when I'm dropping into Hyrule on the offchance that I can get Fi to come out and tell me "Stop being so fucking stupid and press the goddam button".

I managed to suffer through the first two dungeons purely by luck, because I couldn't figure out how combat worked. For every enemy, I had to wait until they went to attack, then attack them while they attacked me. But that doesn't work out so well in later levels.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

I just can't get the motion controls to work. Whether this is because my sensor bar isn't at eye level, or I just suck, I don't know. But it's like, the electric pigs can be holding their swords vertically to their right, and so I strike horizontally at their unguarded left, and I get electrocuted. What the hell?

What I realised is that the combat works on the basis of axis rather than angle. So you don't have eight strikes (usually) -- you have four axis. So when a bobokin blocks to the right, you actually have to strike vertically. The game attempted to teach you this via the training room logs and snap plants, but the concept was unintuitive as applied to enemies with weapons. I didn't realise all this until right near the end of the game. 

so does this mean you're disowning yourself, Nova.

As for combat, what is the point of shields if they are that fragile? It just encourages dodging more than blocking since they break so easily and it is a pain in the ass to buy new ones or repair broken shields. 

I think the concept here was to encourage mobility. That said, some kind of sword parry would have been good as a backup. 

No. I'm allowed to hold these opinions. Only you guys have to live up to what I expect from people.

What I realised is that the combat works on the basis of axis rather than angle. So you don't have eight strikes (usually) -- you have four axis. So when a bobokin blocks to the right, you actually have to strike vertically. The game attempted to teach you this via the training room logs and snap plants, but the concept was unintuitive as applied to enemies with weapons. I didn't realise all this until right near the end of the game. 

Yeah, that's how I remembered Wii Sports Resorts' fencing working, too. But it's so awkward- just raising your hand to swing counts as a strike, and it often reads my strikes as wrong.

And mobility would be a fine thing if the controls weren't seemingly designed to make me throw the wiimote out the window. 

• edited 2012-05-20 22:02:12
    We have reviewed your resume' and we find you delicious.
    The only real problem I had with the swordplay motion control-wise is that I usually can't swing on the same axis more than once at a time without Link eating up all his stamina with spin attacks

^^ I found that the foot movement was just fine, but the fact that Link stops for every attack throws a wrench in things. 

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

Honestly I never had any problems with the motion control. It was incredibly smooth. Ghirahim was a little annoying but when I started shield-bashing him he became cake.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

I just can't get the motion controls to work. Whether this is because my sensor bar isn't at eye level, or I just suck, I don't know.

It might be that you think the game is using the sensor bar, which it isn't.

• You can change. You can.

at least i still have juan

so that's what i am to you

your rebound

:<

• edited 2012-05-21 01:32:08
    MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

Don't worry Juan. You and Nova are still my OTP. <3

^^ no, actually

malk was disqualified

so you're my second rebound

• You can change. You can.

Don't worry Juan. You and Nova are still my OTP. <3

dude no. she's the waltzy to my malk and that's that.

of course, waltzy's also the waltzy to my malk. or used to be back when we actually talked all the time or something i dunno

no, actually

malk was disqualified

so you're my second rebound

It might be that you think the game is using the sensor bar, which it isn't.

Which makes it worse, as it doesn't even have that excuse :|

If you consider Skyward Sword's controls to be smooth, I would hate to see what you consider rough and choppy controls. 

• It really seems to vary from player to player, though. Swordplay worked fine, but swimming and flying were a ridiculous hassle.

• edited 2012-05-21 08:56:41
    If that don't work, use more gun.

Honestly, I hated Skyward Sword.  (Fuck motion controls.  Fuck motion controls forever.)

• There is love everywhere, I already know

They pretty much forgotten what makes Zelda, well, Zelda.

Would you care to elaborate minus expletives?

• But you never had any to begin with.

The same Skyward Sword that is widely regarded as one of the best games in the series?

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    got the biggoron sword

awwwww shit son, shit just got real

I find it amusing that I hear a lot of people on one side complaining that SS has changed so much that it's not Zelda anymore and is thus terrible, and just as many people on the other side complaining that it's all the same and that SS is stagnant and thus terrible.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    ugh, the water temple

I have not had enough coffee to deal with this yet.