If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Vidya Gaems General

Comments

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

WoW started a lot of trends I dislike, but at the very least its elements were polished and mechanically sound

Yeah, but its engagement is entirely in the form of operant conditioning. I'm not willing to call any game to which that description applies "good." "Effective," maybe, but not "good."

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

It certainly milks that cow dry, which is one of the reasons I dislike it (and its influence). It's not so much about a consistently engaging gameplay experience as much as it's about hoping it'll become engaging further in. On that basis, it's extremely flawed. All the same, though, the level of proficiency with which Blizzard achieved that is very impressive, even if I believe their direction is the wrong way for MMOs and games at large. 

• Kichigai birthday!!

I liked Skyward Sword, but then I played Wind Waker and liked it way more, and I think it's a bit worrying that I found a rushed 10 year-old game more enjoyable than a 2011 title with 5 years of development.

With that said, I didn't have a problem with the motion controls,and SS has some great characters (even though there are so few of them)

• edited 2012-05-21 14:43:12
    But you never had any to begin with.

...But Wind Waker spent over 3 years in development, at least if we count from the early tech demos.

The difference between the games isn't because of when they were developed or how long they were developed. It was all about how the experiment Nintendo was trying that time around worked out.

• edited 2012-05-21 14:46:20
    Kichigai birthday!!

^^It did have a deadline and they had to cut a bunch of dungeons to get it.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Man, Dark Link is a joke with the Biggoron sword.

IJBM: There was no Dark Link fight in Skyward Sword. 

• You can change. You can.

>Using the biggoron sword against Dark Link

it's all casual up in this bitch

Man I never liked using alt weapons against OoT's Dark Link. It takes all the fun from the battle to me.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    I mostly just kind of forgot that I had it equipped.
  • edited 2012-05-21 16:18:57
    One foot in front of the other, every day.

^^ Agreed. I used to do it, but I decided not to for my 3DS run and it was a much more engaging experience. Possibly one of the few fights in vidya that feels like a proper sword fight, Dark Link's gymnastic shenanigans aside. 

• I once beat Dark Link with the Broken Giant's Knife. The thing is, since there's no blade to speak of, his sword standing tactic doesn't work. Takes longer, but it's sorta easier.

• edited 2012-05-21 17:49:21
    MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

Dark Link is the easiest goddamn boss in the game.  Quit'cher bitchin'.

That would only be true if he were a boss.

He's the hardest enemy that isn't a boss.

I think pretty much every boss in OoT is a walk in the park. Dark Link is the only enemy in the game that fucks me around (and only if I take him on with vanilla gear). 

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

^^He's a mid-dungeon boss.

The boss that always fucks me is that thing in Jabu Jabu's belly.

Easily the hardest main boss. That said, I'll also give you that it's more dangerous than Dark Link. Dark Link is always a good fight, but it doesn't have the tension of Jabu Jabu's Belly Thing, because JJBT just doesn't give fucks by principle. 

He's a mid-dungeon boss.

Minibosses aren't bosses.

• edited 2012-05-21 18:02:37
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

It only counts if it gets a subtitle when you first see it.

• They're somethin' else.

I wish the Ironknuckles in those games were just a little bit tougher

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

Man, I REALLY hope that Fire Emblem: Awakening gets a US release. I really don't want to go through another Operation: Rainfall.

Tales of Graces F isn't going to be released here until August. :|

Probably for the best, since Dragon's Dogma and Tales of Symphonia will be coming in shortly. 

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

I can't decide whether to buy DD or not, which probably means I won't buy it.

• There is love everywhere, I already know

Got Okami and God Hand today for half price, can't decided which one to play first...

GODHAND!

• I'm a damn twisted person

OKAMI! Because you want to be a sun god who helps old ladies while fighting nonsense aliens in the waterbrush Japan that never was!

• Both games are good.

Simple solution is to flip a coin.

Okami.
  • There is love everywhere, I already know

Guess I'll go with Okami. Any thing I need to know before I start?

Keep backup saves for certain parts of the game.