If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• Definitely not gay.

When I was a kid I used to want to destroy the world. Like, I put this hugeass nuke beneath the earth and detonated it and somehow neither the explosion nor the fallout (or the sudden, abrupt lack of atmosphere) harmed me. I listened to everyone scream in unison, only to be silenced and I smiled.

But let's be honest, who didn't have fantasies of killing everyone as a kid?

• edited 2012-05-07 00:20:48
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I didn't.

Instead, I had fantasies of overthrowing the government because it didn't allow me to print my own money.

...years later, I learned economics.

• edited 2012-05-07 00:26:10
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

Like, I put this hugeass nuke beneath the earth and detonated it and somehow neither the explosion nor the fallout (or the sudden, abrupt lack of atmosphere) harmed me. I listened to everyone scream in unison, only to be silenced and I smiled.

who didn't have fantasies of killing everyone as a kid?

msRVf.jpg?1

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

In other news, i think the official upload of Angelic Layer fell off Youtube.

• edited 2012-05-07 00:28:21
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Yesterday, I drank coffee, so I felt awful all day because that made my anxiety problems worse.

Today, I didn't drink coffee, so I felt awful all day because that made my sleep deprivation worse.

What do?

• edited 2012-05-07 00:29:24

Instead, I had fantasies of overthrowing the government because it didn't allow me to print my own money.
    You wanted to overthrow the government too? It was the only way I could figure out to be able to do whatever I wanted without going to jail...

^ Drink half a cup of coffee, duh

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Drink half a cup of coffee, duh

The coffee I drank yesterday was actually so diluted that it was probably a little less than half a cup.

• Golden mean jokes aside, I feel ya, bro. Caffeine pretty much limits my choices to "antsy all day" or "tired all day"...

> What do?

Do the Dew.

• Definitely not gay.

@Forzare:

EELEKTROSS IS THE WILL AND THE WAY AND WILL NOT BE DENIED

• Likes cheesecake unironically.

He quit. Bobby initially said he was taking a break, but he recently said he has no intention of going back to TvT.

Why am I not surprised? Hell, it's exactly what I expected when he began his break.

Anyway, playing Amnesia. It's pretty awesome, but I don't think that it's as terrifying as many people say (which may be a good thing, as I'd barely make a progress otherwise). Still, it's pretty scary, which makes it better than most other (alleged) horror games.

However, It did become quite scarier, when the danger got more "real". Before, I only knew that this game has enemies, not all that many, but I never encountered any. I saw two, but they were far away and went the other way, vanishing quickly. But after the water scene (I really like the chase sequence), first I had to hide in a closet and then an enemy spawned after I picked up an object and I actually had to hide. Worse, it entered the room I was hiding in. Even worse, one can't even look at enemies, as it draws their attention to Daniel. So I had to listen to the thing walking around and away, unsure whether it's safe to look or whether it's even gone.

Since then, I expect something to spawn after pretty much everything that I do, whether it's entering a new room or picking up an object that's not a tinderbox or lamp oil. Also, I'm reluctant to ignite light sources, in fear that I could lose a hiding spot (before, I only wanted to conserve tinderboxes, of which I have quite many at the moment).

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

@Milos: Invite him back to IJBM!  Tell him that we're way different from what we were when he left us.

I sent him a PM, we'll see what he thinks about that soon.

• A Mind You Do NOT Want To Read

@Nyarly: You're not in any real danger until the water part. Everything before that has the sole purpose of setting the mood.

• edited 2012-05-07 03:45:04

So I actually watched a bit of My Little Pony, it was on Boomerang and my infant brother likes horses, so w/e. 

Anyway, I was sorely disappointed. The way all those morons go on about, I was expecting a multi-layered comedy on par with the Simpsons. What I got was juvenile, ugly, cartoon. Now I feel totally justified in saying that MLP:FIM is utter shit.

I mean, like what you like, I couldn't give less of a fuck...but could we all stop pretending that's it's some...amazing thing when it just isn't very good, even by the standards of today's cartoons. I would honestly take "The Batman" over MLP, and The Batman sucks.

• I vaguely remember Bobby on IJBM (I was lurking a bit myself at the time).

He used a handle beginning with "K" and sometimes seemed consumed by fear/guilt that posting on another forum would bring down The Wrath of Eddie. Lovely guy, but he sometimes gets a bit over-emotionally involved in stuff.

I assume that's why he felt he had to leave TVTropes - you'd need the emotional detachment of Buddha for all the drama there not to get to you.

• Khwarizmi

I don't know why I remember that

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

You're not alone.

• We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year

>walk into Toy R Us
    >ask for a Hatsune Miku figurine
    >"What?"
    >leeks slowly drips from my pockets
    >oh god not again
    >face gets red
    >"Please give me a Hatsune Miku figurine now."
    >"I don't know what that is. what show is that from?"
    >struggling to contain my embarrassment
    >clenching asscheeks together to hold in my shit
    >Meanwhile leeks are flowing from my pockets
    >voice reduced to a mumble
    >"have money please Hatsune Miku give money please figurine"
    >"Are you okay?"
    >shit breaches through my asscheeks
    >propelled forward at 60mph
    >crash through the Toy R Us employee's counter
    >he's holding onto me for dear life
    >all the while leeks are flowing out of my pockets like fumes
    >crash through the entire row of buildings in the strip mall, broken glass shards in my face
    >yelling "HATSUNE MIKU PLEASE MONEY TOY R US HATSUNE MIKU"
    >Toy R Us employee is covered in shit and leeks
    >my pocket rocket shows no signs of stopping
    >he tilts me backwards
    >the sheer force of my shit has reached 650mph, we are now propelling upwards
    >the leeks and shit intertwines and falls down to earth in glorious green and brown streams as we head towards the stratosphere
    >children below frolic in the mess falling from my anus
    >the g-force is causing my asscheeks to flap vigorously and create a gale
    >leeks and shit blowing through the air on the planet below
    >3 miles upwards now
    >Toy R Us employee has died from lack of oxygen, his body falls to the surface below and is shredded by the force of my shit
    >my transformation is almost complete
    >as I leave the atmosphere my bear hands sprout and my tail grows, acting as a rudder
    >steer myself across the comsos with my gleaming shit and leek trail

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

I had a good chortle at that. 

Did you write it? If so, can you detail the creative process? If not, can you point me to the source? 

• Has friends besides tanks now
    "IIRC, he left after one of those tedious religion flamewars we used to have."

Yep. Specifically, Captain Fargle was being an asshole atheist. But I successfully drove him away. He's a goon now, and they can keep him.

We're much better, in general, though. I hope Bobby comes back, now that he doesn't have to deal with TVTropes.

^ Oh, right, wasn't it one of those "I'm an atheist and completely rational and better than anyone who believes in a religion because they're irrational" things?

Well, there's one bit right: Everyone who believes in a religion is irrational.  However, everyone who doesn't believe in a religion is also irrational, because every human being is irrational.

• edited 2012-05-07 10:22:40
    OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

I'm an atheist and completely rational and better than anyone who believes in a religion because they're irrational

I think it was "evil" rather than "irrational," though, because religions have sometimes caused bad things to happen and therefore if you're okay with religion existing you want all that stuff to happen. Or some crazy shit like that.

• But you never had any to begin with.

He's a goon now, and they can keep him.

I'd prefer that we didn't. :|

^ Oh, you are, too? Actually, it's sorta funny that I say that, because so am I. It's just that I'm here more often. Though I'll probably lurk over there a bit more, and then maybe rejoin the community.

But I haven't seen him, the last few times I checked the TVTropes thread, for what it's worth.

• edited 2012-05-07 10:43:25

^ Are too... what? I'm confused, considering Sai's post was "I would prefer [something]" not "I am [something]"

• We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

She also said 'we', confirming that she is a goon. Not that I didn't know that already.

In other news, I'm kicking myself for agreeing to fill in for a coworker from 2-9 on Friday. WHY did I do that?

• Ahh, yeah, Captain Fargle. I think what bugged me the most about him was his faux "what the fuck, do people really believe in gods?" surprised indignation.

(Does it count as gravedancing if he wasn't banned?)