If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

Well, he's free to come back and join this conversation and address the accusations people are making about him.

• One foot in front of the other, every day.

Malk, I'm torn between Van Helsing and Highlander. I tentatively want to say Van Helsing, since I know you'd do a great job of that in particular, but Highlander is a tempting proposition all the same. 

What the hell, do Van Helsing. 

• edited 2012-05-07 14:23:54
    Has friends besides tanks now

^^ Honestly, I probably should have banned him anyway (blah blah the mods acted differently back then blah), rather than allowing him to leave on his own terms. It's not as if our accusations are false. If I really wanted to, I could probably find the thread where it happened.

In other news, I started a free Netflix trial, so of course I went right to the anime section. It's actually pretty daunting. I'm not sure where to start (or if I have the time to start it today).

• You can change. You can.

It's not like he'll come back, anyway. 

• Has friends besides tanks now

True, but it's more a matter of principle. He unrepentantly douched up a thread, and I let him walk away with a warning (at which point it became apparent that he was unrepentant). From the site as a whole, granted, but still.

• Likes cheesecake unironically.

Well, isn't that just great. I just got a mail from a mail-order shop, from whom I ordered some manga and anime. Apparently, one of the things (some manga I'm not very keen on, just curious) I ordered is only available at the end of next month after all, so my order gets delayed. It's not that bad, since I can request a part delivery, so that they send all the available stuff first. Still, it gets delayed at least a bit. And I expected it to arrive this week (still likely, admittedly, since they seem to be pretty fast), even that it will be here today.

What I'm trying to say is: I want Madoka Vol. 2 now, dammit!

Then again, considering that I'll have to wait until the end of the month, until the third volume gets released, it may no be so bad to wait a bit for the second one...

• edited 2012-05-07 15:08:38
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

http://itjustbugsme.com/forums/discussion/5684/rational-wiki/p1

I also found this gem in the thread:

If [CaptainFargle] and Chagen could respectfully debate the strengths and weaknesses of theism vs. antitheism, there would be no problem.

george volcano lolololol

^ What's that supposed to mean? :<

For what it's worth, I'm pretty sure that was the first time that I saw Fargle's bad side.

I forgot that I had said that, though. That doesn't sound like something I would say nowadays.

• edited 2012-05-07 16:00:11
    Likes cheesecake unironically.

To be fair, it's completely true. It's just, a respectful debate is not something either would ever be able to do.

Also, until I saw that, I completely forgot about Fargle.

Also also, this reminds me of a thread about a ridiculously anti-theist video game. I wish I could find it again.

• Definitely not gay.

I can access this in class.

Huh.

^^ I realized that a little too late. And I regret how repetitive I was in that topic, too. Should've just told Fargle to get out and been done with it.

• If [CaptainFargle] and Chagen could respectfully debate the strengths and weaknesses of theism vs. antitheism, there would be no problem.

"If the problem didn't exist, there would be no problem."

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!
    I hate it when my Internet JUST BARELY doesn't stop working.

"If the problem didn't exist, there would be no problem."

It's probably not worth defending a post I made nine months ago, but I don't really see how my post was that redundant.

Ah, sorry about embarrassing you.

I just wanted to comment on how stubborn and intractable those two key factors in the situation both were.

• We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year

UNITED STATES PERMANENT RESIDENCE CARD: GET

I just wanted to comment on how stubborn and intractable those two key factors in the situation both were.

I recall Chagen only getting disrespectful when he felt persecuted or backed into a corner. Otherwise, it was just annoying and hyperbolic. That was also the second time I'd seen Fargle's bad side, so I had no clue how stubborn he was; I don't remember warning him before that. Well, maybe; it was another incident where GLORIOUS cussed him out. It was pretty silly to hold that much hope for the situation, but at the time it seemed reasonable, as the situation had only just begun to unfold.

Hmm. I'm considering switching my second major in English to either Sociology or Business. Thoughts?

sociology.

atone for your terrible sins as an english major

• We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year

I think majoring in Business is a bit like majoring in Communications at this point

^^ Saw that coming. :P

^ Which means . . . ?

I don't really pay attention to which majors are which tier, unless they're relevant to my interests.

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

Low low tier.

Ah.

Well, I was already considering English, Creative Writing, and Sociology, so I've accepted that I'm drawn to traditionally shit-tier majors. Hehehe. >_>;

But I don't think I'd fit in with an academic business program anyway, so I'll remove that from consideration.

> majors

> tiers

TIRES DON EXITS!

...which means the first thing we ought to do is to classify different major fields into tiers of academic/professional success.

• edited 2012-05-07 21:04:54
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

@Everest: Well, you can't get much lower-tier than what I'm going for, so take solace in the fact that you aren't as dumb as me.

^ Acting was the main focus, not film, right? If so, at least that means you have charisma. Can't go wrong with charisma.

there's nothing wrong with an acting major. Business majors tend to be the less academically inclined majors, though. They're also for people who, like with communications, just need a major. Not to say that studying to be an economical analyst or an actuary is wrong or less intellectually challenging, of course, but it's simply one of those careers where you see many people who shouldn't suceed at school succeed, at least, in my experience, anyway.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

theater, bitches

awwwwwwwwwwww yeah

More seriously, I'm actually thinking of double majoring in Education. 

i'm actually consideing something similar.

to become a teacher so i can yell at kids about art.

my dreams come true

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

i want to be a teacher so i can shout at children for not acting hard enough

because they are not ready for the THEATER