If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• edited 2012-05-07 21:16:45
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

haruka chihaya futamitwins hibiki iori yayoi ritsuko

...sorry, I wasn't ready for your multicolored caps, but instead I was lady.

• edited 2012-05-07 21:20:57
    Has friends besides tanks now

Business majors tend to be the less academically inclined majors, though. They're also for people who, like with communications, just need a major. Not to say that studying to be an economical analyst or an actuary is wrong or less intellectually challenging, of course, but it's simply one of those careers where you see many people who shouldn't suceed at school succeed, at least, in my experience, anyway.

That's sorta what I had gathered, but the school I'm going to is known for its Business program, as well as the Creative Writing program, so at least I'd have had a decent program. But it's probably not my thing in the end.

I admire those who go into Education. I don't think I could do that.

^^ Come to think of it, I could totally see you being a Theater director at a high school or something.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

Come to think of it, I could totally see you being a Theater director at a high school or something.

I would love that.  I'd just hope that I could find a school who's administration didn't actively hate the theater program.

• edited 2012-05-07 21:58:15

Unless things change drastically while I'm gone, I know my school has a pretty successful theater program. And a successful music program, which seems to be another thing schools aren't caring about anymore. Just throwing that out there.

• Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

I have an hour or two.

What should I do?  Watch Element Hunters?

Hmm, maybe I'll do that.

• edited 2012-05-07 22:07:57
    Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

^^ My school had a pretty troubled theater program anyway while I was there, since our director of over twenty years (and the best goddamn teacher ever :V) had just stepped down, so we kept having to find guest directors.  So that was bad enough. 

But then, during my senior year, our principal seemed like he was trying to sabotage the whole thing.  First, he lied about how much of a budget we had to put on a show.  It turned out we had a much lower budget than in previous years.  Then it turned out he hadn't reserved the auditorium for our performance dates. Then he kept letting other departments use the space during our rehearsal times.

Pretty much every student involved in the production marched up to the office to try to talk to him, and he laughed at us.

Then he let the choir use the auditorium during our scheduled rehearsals on tech week, which is bar none the absolute worst time to not have the stage.  After we'd tried to talk to him about it.

Then he actually attended one of the shows, and slept through the whole thing.

I don't know if he just hated theater or disapproved of the play we were doing or what.

• edited 2012-05-07 22:14:25

Jesus, what a dick. Seems like exactly the wrong sort of person to be a principal; if you can't approve of, or at least support, your own school's programs, you have no right to that position.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.

It seemed like he loved all the sports stuff, but he wouldn't give the theater, music, or robotics teams any credit.  There's a big display case where all the trophies the sports teams have won in the last fifteen years are kept, but when the choir came in first in a really big competition in Disney, or when the robotics team came in sixth in the national FIRST robotics competition, he wouldn't let them put anything up to celebrate.

Dude was a colossal dick. 

• Has friends besides tanks now

Uh . . . any chance he'll be leaving soon? That ain't right.

Not as far as I know.  :/ 

The production this year had to made do without a set.  :l

• You can change. You can.

put a bomb on his desk.

scare him into submission.

good idea.

i'll make the call.

and that's why you're brozare

man, you know, i really want to shove planetary down somebody's throat. it's really good.

• Juan: I'll take a gander at it next time I am in a comic-y place. Which is probably tomorrow actually.

• edited 2012-05-07 22:44:38

Dammit, now I'm considering Psychology as my second major. Not that I'd likely pursue a Masters or anything. I just want a more informed idea of how the mind works. I feel like that would help my writing a lot. Then again, I'm going to a Liberal Arts school, so that would probably be covered in the Central Curriculum, to some degree.

i converted you to my things sooner than you did to mine.

wait, no, don't brag. it might work against you. right. gonna go and punch a kitty or something

gonna go and punch a kitty or something

Punch it once for me.

• technically I converted you to MTG without even trying, brony. plus, it might still turn out to suck.

D:

Anyhow, just downloaded and installed the last two bits of ME2 (unless I decide to go for the master thief DLC too, but I probably won't), soon I will be ready to join the year 2012. #yntkt

• edited 2012-05-07 22:52:08

No, don't punch animals! D:

Even if they're snide, lazy ingrates, like cats.

It was all Zudak's doing and you know it, you credit stealing jerk. 

Also, trust me, Ellis and sucking can't be in the same sentence without a big negative in between them. It's like...first rule of English grammar, bro.

• But I was the one who converted him, so...I get an assist or something, at least!

• We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year

aaaaand now I just found I let a scholarship opportunity pass me by because I'm an airhead

great

• My earphones died today. None of them have ever made it past six months. What about you guys?

• if u do convins fashist akwaint hiz faec w pavment neway jus 2 b sur

Earphones tend to be of horrible quality. My right earphone died two months ago after about a year of usage, and I still haven't got around to buying new ones.

• edited 2012-05-08 06:23:04
    Diet NEET

Never moved past headphones, hated how the cord always got pulled behind stuff. Flexible warranty so I could trade the thing in for a new one for over four times, but biking to the outlet store took an hour. Don't carry an mp3-player with me anymore these days anyway, so bit of a moot point.

Also, this is a thing: http://theroomnovelization.blogspot.com/

• I freaking love Planetary. It's one of my favorite comics ever.
  • edited 2012-05-08 09:48:59
    Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human

My headphones have lasted me well longer than six months, but I only use them to listen to stuff from the computer; I don't use an MP3 player.

One of the best pair of headphones I've ever owned is actually a cheapo pair of jetBlue headphones.  The reason this is the best is not because it's kept up its quality consistently.  No, the parts inside occasionally come apart.  But the reason it's the best is because I can take it apart, put the stuff back in the right place, and put it back together and then it actually works like a charm (until the next time I drop the darn thing at least).

Also, the earpads haven't been peeling.  Which cannot be said of this pair of Coby headphones that are supposed to be oh-so-good and even come with a noise-canceller.

• I want to try McDonald's falafel, at least out of novelty.

• edited 2012-05-08 10:06:26

In other news, I started a free Netflix trial, so of course I went right to the anime section. It's actually pretty daunting. I'm not sure where to start (or if I have the time to start it today).

The anime section on Netflix is pathetically small.  Still, there are some pretty good shows there.

Semi-relatedly (as I watched these on Netflix yesterday):

Dance in the Vampire Bund turned out to be... a halfway decent show.  Though I mostly only liked it for Akiyuki Shinbo's direction.  Mina Tepes is a pretty interesting character.  Everyone else, not so much.  The plot lost focus halfway through and the fight scene in the last episode was pathetic.  Still, the show was visually pretty interesting, and horror-romance stuff is fun especially when Shinbo is involved, so I ended up liking it quite a bit anyway.  Also, the English dub has a voice actor named Alpha Lagrange, which I'm not entirely convinced is actually a real name.

Initial D's first season closes off with a total non-ending.  Which is kind of disappointing because the second season seems to be a lot worse than the first season, based on its first episode.  The art is technically a lot better, but it kind of just looks creepy... And somehow the animation in the CG scenes actually gets worse (though the CG itself looks a lot less like a PS1 game).  Also, Ryosuke and Itsuki have different hair colors than they did in the first season.

Also, on Netflix, Fruits Basket has the OP and ED and the last second or so of the next episode previews cut out for some reason.

• I'm trying to write a review of The Avengers, and the first paragraph is supposed to explain how crossovers are difficult to execute in the film format. What should I cite as good and bad examples of crossovers?