If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

The Legend of Korra

Comments

• You can change. You can.

Considering that the whole point of this season seems to be Korra learning that there's more to being the avatar than shooting fire at people (Ot heating up fish), I'm going with flashbacks for episode 7, at the latest. 

Also, I liked the core idea of this episode (Korra being afraid of Amon and losing her powers) but I felt the execution was rather lacking, if only because the dialogue in this show is really clunky and appears when it is not necessary, methinks. 

Also, also, I'm not digging the whole Mako/Asami aspect, either, if only because it seems to be there just to annoy shippers and to create artificial romantic drama over the possibility of Korra and Mako being together. Which, let's face it, is the outcome everyone is predicting and which most likely will happen, really. 

• I'm a damn twisted person

I've just learned to tune out shipping stuff in shows. Focus back in when ploty bits start happening again.

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

I actually felt the fear aspect was rather decently explored but I do wish Tenzin and her friends had noticed how out of it she was being.

I completely agree about the shipping bullshit with Asami, but more than that I feel giving the Fire Ferrets a sponsor removes the big struggle of being up-and-comers they established.

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

Personally, I really hope that Asami is more than cheap shipping fodder/a plot device. If only because the writers are better than that.

Tenzin did notice how out of it she was being. He just decided to let her come to him when she felt ready. As for Mako and Bo Lin, blinded by the new rich chick and being Sokka 2.0 lead to them being kinda oblivious.

>If only because the writers are better than that.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b359/SharinganKing/laughingbitchessoranowoto.gif" alt="" />

Seriously. The romance in Avatar has always been entirely anvil-filled and considering the fact that some of Bryke's comments amounted to 'we really enjoy watching the insane shipping wars' I think it's plenty reasonable to say she's there to drive shippers nuts.

She's pretty hot though.

• He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

The sponsor thing is just a deus ex machina to have them get into the tournament, which then during the semifinals or the final will just become a battlefield leaving the point of entering it moot, I'd say.

• I have to mention that I never really loved the Pro-Bending plot in the first place, and am happy to see it replaced with some good-old-fashioned crushing of the oppressed masses.

I actually felt the fear aspect was rather decently explored but I do wish Tenzin and her friends had noticed how out of it she was being.

Oh, it wasn't particularly bad. It just had these moments here and there that made me go "Did someone seriously write that?", like the end, which was pretty much the epitome of "Tell, don't show", to me. 

Granted, it helps a lot that in my opinion, dialogue is a curse upon man resource that should be used sparingly and only when necessary. --shrug--

I've just learned to tune out shipping stuff in shows. Focus back in when ploty bits start happening again.

Well, it's what I do. But, you know, my time. Wasted. 

I have to mention that I never really loved the Pro-Bending plot in the first place, and am happy to see it replaced with some good-old-fashioned crushing of the oppressed masses.

I don't think they were really opposed to each other. I also think that exploring benders who were not doing well, economically speaking, would be equally interesting, if only because the idea is inherently against everything that Amon has been telling us so far. 

With that said, my other issue with that plotline is that it still feels like a typical "Good vs bad" story and there's no nuance to it, which there should be, for rather obvious reasons.

Morally grey conflict in Avatar? Hahahahahahahhaahahhahaaahhahahaha OH WOW.

The romance in Avatar has always been entirely anvil-filled and considering the fact that some of Bryke's comments amounted to 'we really enjoy watching the insane shipping wars' I think it's plenty reasonable to say she's there to drive shippers nuts.

No argument there, I just want her to evolve past shipper troll bait/plot device because I think the writers wouldn't stoop so low as to just leave it as that.

Morally grey conflict in Avatar? 

Men can dream. Either way, regardless of whether it'll happen or not, the fact of the matter is that it does make Korra look a lot less sympathetic and like an oppressor. Granted, she is, if by ignorance, but the point stands.

• edited 2012-05-01 13:23:25
    He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.

Nobody is denying that there is validity to the Equalist plight, but Amon is still a fricking Dr.Doom/Magneto combo, sympathy will get you killed.

Not to mention that his solution to bender oppression (TAKE AWAY ALL THEIR BENDING!) is impractical, nightmarish to enforce, and would destroy much of the livelihood of Republic City itself.

Although I'd rather see Amon be an energybender and the spirits to be behind his actions, not all spirits are good, after all, maybe Koh wants to mess with the Avatar.

Oh, i definetly think that Amon is your typical Stryker type.

But it's more of how it affects how we see Korra. It's hard to sympathize when she's attacking men instead of trying to negotiate with them.

Mind, the series obviously implies that Tenzin is right and that korra is being mislead, but it still bothers me.
  • I cached up on the series from the full videos on the Nick website. Overall, I'm enjoying it. The only thing that annoys me is how obvious they are about baiting the shippers.

I can empathize just fine with Korra, the Soapbox Speaker is self-entitled as fuck.

• edited 2012-05-01 18:18:19
    You can change. You can.

Said the man who yells at other people for being from the US.

• edited 2012-05-01 19:04:16

Anyway, I'm willing to bet money that Sato Industries is somehow linked to Amon, probably funding him, and they're using Asami to get closer to the Avatar through Mako.

I am offended at the accusation, I yell at everyone equally.

Just watched episode 5, and I'm not sure if it's trying to say that shipping ruins everything or just straight-up shipping bait, it's just so goddamn hamfisted.

Either way it's easily the worst of the season and probably one of the worst episodes in the series as a whole.

• I clench my fists and yell "anime" towards an uncaring, absent God, and swear solemnly to press my thumbs into Chocolate America's eyeballs until he is blinded, to directly emasculate sporting figures, to beat the shit out of tumblr users with baseball bats, and to quietly appreciate what Waylon Smithers being gay means to me.

It's the fifth episode, dude.

^Yeah I know, but from what we've seen so far it's easily the weakest episode from the second series.

• No rainbow star

Anybody have a good quality video of it? Everything I'm finding is a bit blurry =/

Icalasari, just wait a day or two for it and good quality rips should start to show up.

• No rainbow star
    I wish Nick would just release the good rip on their site the day of x.x

Watching episode 5 right now. Yeah, Korra it's really not cool to hit on another girl's guy.

So I just finished Episode 5. Christ that was painful. The only one who came out with any sympathy was Bolin. Korra wouldn't take no for answer, pushing herself on somebody else's guy and Mako was a passive aggressive dick because he was confused and conflicted over whether or not he wanted to be with his gorgeous, super-rich, supportive, and sweet lovey-dovey girlfriend.

The physical comedy they used for Bolin also felt strongly out of place. Though I was surprised they actually had him getting drunk and hung over in a kids show. How old is he supposed to be?

Also, I really don't care for the pro-bending plot, though that might be due to personal biases. But I want less inspirational Mighty Ducks nonsense, less poorly driven romance, and more plots to conquer the city.

less inspirational Mighty Ducks nonsense

SAYS YOU!

I find the pro-bending plot to be okay, since it is obvious the tournament is going to come to a halt at some point.