If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBM anime club

Comments

• They're somethin' else.
    noeg0077
  • $80+ per session
    You have to go online and accept my contact request.
  • Skype?

Where can I dywnloade that?
  • edited 2011-09-28 22:22:11
    You can change. You can.
    v his is better
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    Here.

Also, my Skype name is neocrimson1
  • $80+ per session
    the name noeg0077 doesn't exist.
  • They're somethin' else.
    noe0077 then. I hope.
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    glennmagusharvey
  • I will get one tomorrow.
  • $80+ per session
    Someone else will have to make the group. I won't be able to.
  • You can change. You can.
    Decided to bring this up again to see if it can get a second shot. 

Prolly cuz the film club went to hell.
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    Since my weekends are free again, I might actually be able to participate this time.
  • I'm still willing to participate in this if it ever ends up happening.
    Yeah, our main problem seems to be making it happen.

So, um, last time, we decided on a Skype group. Not sure if everyone's up for it. I still propose an IRC group, but I'm willing to do either. Or hell, just wwatch the animu on our own and give our comment later. Whatever works for all of us.
  • a little muffled
    As before, I'm in if it's IRC, otherwise...maybe.
  • Or hell, just wwatch the animu on our own and give our comment later. Whatever works for all of us.

I'm thinking this might be the way to go.  It's not really ideal of course, but on the other hand we never managed to get it started when we planned to watch everything at the same time.

Yeah, I don't think the Skype thing is going to work out. Recasting my vote for IRC.

• Thane of rum-guzzling and necromancy
    I can haz more Fairy Tail?
    You could come up with some timeframe (such as a period of two days or a week) during which you "assign" people to watch a given episode of a given series, and then have a comment period after that.
    So, what's on the list so far?
    Gunbuster seemed to be the first one we'd watch

Also

K-On!
    Haruhi
    Future Diary
    Biblotheca Mystica De Dantalian
    Lupin III
    Space Pirate Captain Harlock
    Hellsing Ultimate
    Twin Peaks
    > Rahxephon
    > TTGL
    > NGE
    > Baccano
    > Durarara
    > Monster
    > Madoka
    > Black Lagoon

seems to be what we have so far

and welcome to the nhk.

although i think we should like...rewrite it.
    Gunbuster seems fine. After that, my picks for stuff I haven't seen would be Future Diary, Monster, and NGE (I want to see how the original series compares to Rebuild). Although I'd be fine with rewatching K-On!, Madoka, or NHK.
    If we're watching Gunbuster, then we're also watching Diebuster at some point, imo.
    I'm up for Future Diary, Monster, NGE, NHK, or Madoka myself.
    >Future Diary, Monster, NGE, NHK, or Madoka
    >No K-On!

But bro that's the best item on the list!

^^ Fair enough.
  • edited 2011-11-15 21:56:55
    You can change. You can.
    I wonder if we could come up with any K-On litcrit shit.

It'd amuse me, at least. Although most of its appeal to me is probably "lol, I'm a guitar player and they make jokes about blisters on fingers"
    >K-On
    >But bro that's the best item on the list!

• edited 2011-11-15 22:00:02

I am always willing to watch K-ON! or Haruhi again and am in fact constantly looking for excuses to.  Would also watch Evangelion again.  I really would rather not watch Madoka again if I can help it.

As for the other shows, I know basically nothing about them so I don't have any particular preference one way or another (which basically means I'd be willing to watch them).

As for possible additions to the list...  Katanagatari is quite good and might be worth watching.  Relatedly (due to the source material being by the same author), Bakemonogatari seems to be pretty popular though I haven't seen it, but I was planning to.

Hm. "-gatari" reminds me. Bakemonogatari, anyone? I almost made it through, but I still have to watch the last five episodes. It's definitely unique enough to warrant at least one viewing.