If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• Crap, for a second I thought Nico had implemented embedding.
  • a little muffled
    I too have seen two episode of Eden of the East now; it seems pretty great but with a plot like this it's hard to judge before the reveals start coming.

Also it's 6 PM and I've just realized that I haven't even started on my homework due tomorrow morning. Fuck.
  • edited 2011-10-05 17:13:05
    Has friends besides tanks now
    What type of assignment is it? Never mind, get back to work.

Whoo, Samurai Champloo came a day early!
  • edited 2011-10-05 17:13:35

So I want to buy K-ON!, obviously.  I don't know if I should buy the DVDs or the BDs though.  I don't have a Blu-ray player, but it doesn't really matter since I won't watch the DVDs anyway if I get them, since I have fansubbed BDrips that will look better and have better subtitles than the official DVD release and I don't care about special features since it's probably all interviews with the dub cast and whatnot.  On the other hand, it'd just feel weird owning the Blu-rays if I don't have a player... >.>

• Has friends besides tanks now
    If you're not going to watch it anyway, just get the cheaper one.
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    Wait until you get a Blu-ray player then buy the Blu-rays.

There will probably be a cheaper pack of the whole series by then.

Also, I just finished the Hard Reset demo. It's fun, but not $30 worth of fun...
  • edited 2011-10-05 17:19:48
    Well, there's also the fact that the only reason I want to buy the BDs/DVDs in the first place is to support Bandai-Ent/KyoAni/etc.  Buying cheaper releases doesn't really help so much with that.  Of course, there's also the fact that spending more money requires, well, spending more money.  So yeah, I dunno.
  • edited 2011-10-05 17:26:37
    MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    So you want to support them more... but you don't want to spend more money?

Quite a conundrum.

If I could justify it to myself, I would totally buy Spice & Wolf on blu-ray.
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    I almost want to buy Welcome to the NHK, but it doesn't hold up quite as well when I rewatch clips of it.
  • You can change. You can.
    Put it on hold and buy a cheap blu-ray player + the K-On release. then delete the files from your computer. bang, solution.
    Cheapest Blu-ray I could find at the time of my purchase was about $120 but that was over a year ago.

Chee-rist, S&W on Blu-ray is $60. I know the pricing and licensing issues with anime but urgh.

• You people never talk about anything interesting

I should BAN you all
    According to you, interesting is roads and ponies.

I say to that: "Fuck no, good sir"
    I'm Youtube hopping Broadway show tunes.

Halp.
  • And grocery stores. Don't forget grocery stores!
  • No rainbow star
    ^ And things in a central location! :D
    Man, The Addams Family broadway play is actually pretty awesome, or at least the soundtrack is. I wonder why theater fags don't talk about it more.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    City of Angels is the best musical.

Even if the production I see every day isn't Broadway.
    That's an interesting way to spell Man of La Mancha.

I blame Solstace.
  • a little muffled
    @Everest:
    What type of assignment is it? Never mind, get back to work.
    I actually wasn't working on it at the time I posted that, because I had to eat dinner and then take my laptop in for repairs.

I am more or less done now. It was a calculus assignment. I worked out the more difficult proof while I was walking to and from the store, so I just had to write it down. Hopefully it actually works...
  • אלוהים הוא בשמיים שלו, וכל נכון עם העולם
    Juan:  Am I getting you started on JROCK or something?  

I mean, seriously.
    Sorta. I already knew of Miyavi because SunshineWerewolf and Lucky Revenant had shown me some songs. Then I remembered you had a YT profile and decided to check for any music you might have uploaded

There was none :<

but I still decided to click on a random vid for shits'n'giggles. And here we are. Me listening to that song for...I think it's been three times? Mang, this things makes geography reads easier.
    I know that I started Lucky on Miyavi.  Possibly SunshineWerewolf, too, but I don't remember.

I really should upload more to my YT..... 
    Nah, this happened while you were gone.

And yes. You should. And don't go "You never said..." on me and actually upload your own music. Because I know you, you smartass. >:p
    :P

Well, there's a band that I have that has absolutely no music on Youtube, somehow.  And I really like them.

I'll get around to it eventually.
    Well, I do appreciate listening to new bands every once in a while.  :)
  • More homicidal than usual today >:|
  • I miss the original IJBM...
    Woke up late for midterm, went to class, got the midterm moved to Monday.

What a lucky shot.