If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

IJBMer Updates

Comments

• I like flipping.
  • Now you've got me picturing myself as Flippy.

...It doesn't really fit
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Just started watching Eden of the East. Pretty good.

"The only thing that got whipped out was mah johnny! ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)"
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    I read that as "The only thing that got whipped out was Mah Jhong."
  • Kichigai birthday!!
    Just finished watching Nichijou's final episode.

A BLOO BLOO BLOO
    I've still got about eight episodes to go. NO SPOILERS.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Oh yeah, that's something else I need to get around to watching.
  • Kichigai birthday!!
    ^^ IN THE END the love you take is equal to the lo-o-o-ove... you maaaaaaaake
  • Has friends besides tanks now
    I'm on episode 3 of Nichijou now. It reminds me of Azumanga Daioh, but while it's not quite as funny, it's a lot wackier and more adorable. I particularly enjoy the segments with Nano and the Professor.

Oh, and I've been watching a lot of first episodes lately; specifically, Gankutsuou, Steins;Gate, Samurai Champloo, Serial Experiments Lain, and Haibane Renmei. Today I'll probably do the same with Nodame Cantabile and Hanasaku Iroha. And maybe I'll fit Eden of the East in there too.
    Nano and Mai are the best characters in the show, methinks.
  • Kichigai birthday!!
    I like the teachers, Nakamura and Takasaki specially.

I like the secondary characters more than the main ones actually.Don't get me wrong,the main ones are cool too.
  • Speaking of first episodes, I know people tend to say that shows can get better after the first episode, but too many times, people use that as moving the goalposts (which is especially irritating when the show simply isn't my type). What I figure is that the first episode of a series based on continuity is akin to the show's audition. You have one chance to impress me, so put your best material forward. I am willing to bend if it really does seem like the show gets its act together before it's too little too late, but generally, this is the case.

Hmmm, one of my things about Soul Eater was that I felt Stein and Spirit were much more interesting than the kids. I would have preferred seeing their adventures.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    I liked Chrona better than the main cast, but Stein was just... irritating. He was just too easy to manipulate.
  • Chrona was pretty much what convinced me that Soul Eater wasn't worth reading.

Also, I like Nichijou more than Azumanga.

• edited 2011-10-01 09:42:44
    MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    I enjoyed any scene Stein was in, though I have a weakness for mad scientist characters. Also, I really dug his interactions with snake lady whose name I forget at the moment.

And he's better in the manga.
  • We Played Some Open Chords and Rejoiced, For the Earth Had Circled the Sun Yet Another Year
    Medusa.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    Chrona was pretty much what convinced me that Soul Eater wasn't worth reading.

Your tastes differ wildly to mine in the first place, so I don't really care.

I enjoyed any scene Stein was in, though I have a weakness for mad scientist characters. Also, I really dug his interactions with snake lady whose name I forget at the moment.

Medusa.

I dunno. I just didn't get his appeal, I guess. I did only watch the anime though... But yeah, in the anime he was just a very powerful Meister with very little of his history revealed to the audience. He affects the plot, but only in a way that makes everything worse, so I can't really like him, because every time he does something things just get worse and worse.
  • edited 2011-10-01 09:47:07
    MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    ^^Oh wow. I was thinking that wasn't it because it would be way too obvious.

^Let's just say the manga treats Medusa's attempts to corrupt him completely differently.
  • Your tastes differ wildly to mine in the first place, so I don't really care.

lolcondescendingmuch?

Can we please not?
    It's not condescending to not give much weight to someone else's opinion of what media to enjoy when they enjoy things completely different than you.
    Let's just say the manga treats Medusa's attempts to corrupt him completely differently.

I will have to read that one day. If they don't kill off Chrona.

lolcondescendingmuch?

We have tastes in media that are completely different. I don't really care about your opinions on this subject because of that, as our tastes run in different subjects. When talking about enjoying media (or not), I don't see any reason to care about the tastes of someone who has very different tastes in media to me. They're not going to mean anything to me, simply because we like different stuff for different reasons.
  • Likes cheesecake unironically.
    @Nyarly,
    last page:

Training? As in military training?

No, training in the sense of "apprenticeship".
    So I'm reading a book with King Arthur in it and it's made me realize I'm always going to visualize King Arthur as Graham Chapman.
  • Hey guys. Named my player character George. Got an Oshawott, picked a fight with Nerd Dude and Dumb Blonde. Caught a Patrat. Named it Agnew for some reason
  • Creature - Florida Dragon Turtle Human
    Because it's a dragon named Spiro?
  • I named my oshawott Nixon, but it's a girl so it just sounds like I really like Sex and the City