If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

The Mario is going to be renamed.

Comments

• Poot dispenser here
    Now all we have to do is pick a name.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    A neutral wiki announcement done by a neutral mod should of been the way to go. Even if you made it seem neutral the fact you did it puts as not neutral.

I do not believe this is correct. Is it?
  • He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.
    I see it is insane.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    Especially when there is not even a moderator signed up to this site...
    BOBBYG! WHY DID YOU LEAVE US!?
  • I think Cygan is a cheater... Why, I saw her the other day holding a gun to someone's head, telling them they have to rename the Mario or they'd get it!
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!
    I went on the streets and paid some bums in vodka to register to vote to rename the Mario
    A week ago at that.
    I didn't know we...were...mobsters, I thought we dealed fair and square...
    Mob? As to which mob are you implying that we participate in? This is a legitimate forum here. We know nothing about any voting rackets.
  • edited 2011-08-06 02:39:54
    He who laments and can't let go of the past is forever doomed to solitude.
    "you forgot the capisce" Well. capito.
  • Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    Pssst. Malk.  You want I should break his legs?
    Easy, Forz. I'm sure that Mr. Vandro is a reasonable man and can respect the wishes of some simple forum goers who simply think it would be convenient if a couple other forumers happened to be looking in another direction at a certain place and time.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    The intelligence I gathered appears to have worked. The mole still doesn't exist amongst their ranks, and apparently they are completely confused on what the real mission is.
    You are thinking of spy fiction, Vorpy. We are thinking about the mafia, I mean, the family.
  • edited 2011-08-06 02:51:38
    ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    Mafia have spies too.

The reason they are never mentioned is because they are that good.
    But they don't speak like that, they use other terminology.
    ...but....but....

-looks up spy dialogue on Google-
  • edited 2011-08-06 10:39:48
    Cygan, don't take Raso's accusation to heart. There is nothing wrong with pimping a TRS thread, as any of the people that checked it out after you mentioned it could have voted yay or nay. It's not like you were specifically PM'ing only people you knew would vote in your favor.

The fact of the matter is that the reason TRS is frustrating a lot of the time is the extremely low volume of tropers that actually participate, so you get stuck with the same group of people with the same set of dug-in opinions. I wish there was a way to garner attention for all major TRS proposals, honestly.
    Yeah...I dunno.

I was attempting to get Troper's opinions on the matter. Not TRS regulars, but Tropers. The mods are too busy to do things like this. I did it as objectively as I could, stating not which way they should vote but merely that it was up for rename and then linking them to the thread with the crowner.

I guess I have a headache from dealing with Fallen Legend and the like, too. They're so set in their ways that they are failing to see that they are following the guidelines over actually repairing broken Tropes.
  • Yep, and there's absolutely nothing wrong with trying to get more Tropers involved. It's what TRS desperately needs.

In regards to the guidelines, I will be first to admit that I've cited those guidelines as reasons not to rename things in the past as well. The guidelines are there for a good reason, after all, as it lists things that need to be considered in those situations. However, while they're a good baseline, you have to be willing to understand that they can't be held to every situation, and each discussion needs to be given serious consideration on it's own merits.
    Don't forget Cygan that they have victim complexes going on and an opposition to change, and most of their arguments against it are very weak and revolved around their personal preference rather than the accuracy of the wiki.
  • edited 2011-08-06 11:26:54
    If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    Yes. The guidelines are there as guidelines- they are the trends you should follow, but you must not be afraid to break from them if, and only if, this particular case calls for it. However, the people in the TRS are just so... set on following them no matter what that they are blinding themselves to when they should deviate from them.

^ Yes.
  • AHRAHR
    edited 2011-08-06 11:28:06
    Well, despite the intensity scaring the bejeebers out of me, if there are ever any tropes you want back up on, and you can make a good argument on it (for example, the mario had me going from neutral to against), I'm always here if you need me.

Not that I can be much help.

Why is Daremo still arguing the "words are meaningless" schtick?

Oh wait no, was quite a few pages back. Never mind.
  • edited 2011-08-06 11:27:17
    ^^ I thought the guidelines were against that name anyway.
    Not in all the threads. There are two I'm participating in right now- The Mario, which the renaming guidelines says should be renamed, and The Magic Goes Away, which says the trope should be renamed as it shares a name with a work.
  • Unless I'm missing something, that second one doesn't sound as ridiculous as this one. 
    My argument is based around a few things.

It describes the trope pretty much perfectly.

We are supposed to be hosting all works on Media namespaces anyway.

When I asked why we could not simply just leave a note on the page saying to be sure to link to the correct namespace...

Well, that's when this started.
  • This seems like one of those messy things. 
  • Given the name, is it when you rewatch something and it doesn't feel the same, or what?