If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

The Mario is going to be renamed.

Comments

• AHRAHR
    edited 2011-08-05 07:47:15
    Also, when does a, er, mod person step in? There will always be people against it and always be people for it. No matter how correct or incorrect they may be.

The Aragorn is probably the only one I could see a solid argument for, but Zoidberg could be debatable.
  • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    I can't edit it on an iPhone, either. Could somebody edit the fir crowned with these points:

* The GrandfatherClause does not apply. And even if it did, that would not be a valid reason to not rename it.
    * It is listed on the RenamingTropes page as a bad name.
    * There is a large chance that many of its wicks come from people misusing it.
  • Democracy!

Right people?

I love democracy :D
  • And Zoidberg got renamed to My Friends And Zoidberg.
  • Oh it did? Good compromise then.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    I a afraid to touch that crowner. Should I PM a Mod and ask first?
  • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    No, you're good. I PM'd Bobby and everything.
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.
    Awesome. Thanks.
  • edited 2011-08-05 09:45:20
    The Grandfather Clause has never been a valid reason not to rename a trope. Though since people use that term incorrectly quite often, I don't know exactly what you're referring to here.

But anyway, holy crap! I had given up on this thread when I saw that the ratio was around 1.2, but it has climbed a lot in the past few days! You already have my rename vote, Cygan, but keep up the good work.

I wonder if there's any other tropers we can rally for this. Has anyone tried the IRC channel?
    It's up to 1.6 =D

I am not sure where to go to encourage more votes.

Oh, I know! I am going to change my signature to advertise the rename.
  • Do you mind if I ask how you set up your sig? I have forum gingerbread turned off, so I can't actually see signatures.

1.7 now. @_@
    On the main forum page, click 'edit your forum profile'.

Where it says 'Signature Line (140 Chars), copy-paste this:

• Thanks. I haven't 100% decided whether I want to add it or not, for fear of it coming across as a "IJBM Rush" or some such nonsense. I'll keep an eye on how the votes are trending for now.
    That's okay.

I will admit that I've been advertising it in some of the Media threads I visit, too. But it really is a neutral message. Like this.
  • That's exactly the way to go about it, in my opinion.

Whether the rename ultimately gets approved or not, you've done a great job on this.
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    I put my vote in favor.

Also, what is the ratio we need for consensus? 2.5:1 or something?
  • edited 2011-08-05 10:28:28
    It's usually 2:1, as that represents two thirds of the people voting support the option.
    Thanks! :)

It's at 1.72:1 right now.
  • ☭Unstoppable Sex Goddess☭
    I like these developments, although I don't want to participate in the thread yet.
    I don't necessarily want people to participate in the thread.

Votes are extremely helpful too, as is spreading the word about the vote.
    Ahahaha yes

It worked, the rename was pushed through~
  • Oh good. Now I can stop being scared of my own shadow.
    wat why
    o_O
  • Kichigai birthday!!
    ñ_n
  • edited 2011-08-05 20:30:18
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    Thank you Fighteer, you got 2 brownie points from me. For whatever that's worth.
    Yeah, I was not sure where I could pull another dozen votes from.
  • That's a relief.