If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

I want to join Something Awful now

Comments

• English_Ivy: The mods have stressed that negative opinions on the main pages aren't allowed. But they continue to use ambiguous terms like "bile" or "bashing".
  • You can change. You can.
    English_Ivy: The mods have stressed that negative opinions on the main pages aren't allowed. But they continue to use ambiguous terms like "bile" or "bashing".

So are positive opinions. It's just that we don't crash on them as hard because the bashing wwas more prominent and infamous. 
  • edited 2011-08-02 17:32:09
    @inkblot: That's what I'm saying.

@JuanCarlos: ...Then positive opinions, even for horrible works, have the mods' tacit permission?
  • Electric Boogaloo
    Yes.
  • edited 2011-08-02 17:34:27
    When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    Of course not. 

Well that was a ninja. 
  • edited 2011-08-02 17:37:30
    You can change. You can.
    No, we're allowed to delete stuff such as "ZOMG, this show is perfect". The problem is that many editors don't know that and think that the mods will crash on them for doing so. When it isn't. It really isn't. 

I remember a thread where Fighteer encouraged some editor to delete some So Cool Its Awesome entries or some shit. 
  • Electric Boogaloo
    We can delete it, but not drive it home.
    Because the idea is that .Main is supposed to be neutral. It doesn't like or dislikes. It's just that annoying reviewer who gives everything 2.5/5.
  • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    Thanks for the tip.  

You're very welcome. I hate those pages so effing much, but I can't delete too much or I'll get edit banned.
  • edited 2011-08-02 17:43:22
    Electric Boogaloo
    ^^If it were the result of better coding, it could give everything a nice, round 5/10. But alas, Fast Eddie's programming skills.
  • Every time I read the title of the thread, I keep forgetting something awful is a title, not a description.
  • When in Turkey, ROCK THE FUCK OUT
    If anybody from SA is confused, we snowclone thread titles a lot. 
    Just stick to the one that is in the Webspace category, fwiw.
  • edited 2011-08-02 18:04:45
    Nobody thinks it's funny but the snowclone creators, but th ease of making new threads here and lax moderation makes it irresistable.
  • edited 2011-08-02 18:06:38
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    >Put back all the "sexual" stuff that wasn't sexual, including things
    next to other things that were deleted. For crying out loud, if you're
    going to try to be a
    Moral Guardian, pay attention to what you're doing, and at least read the tropes you're deleting. Example: read the last line of Cute Shotaro Boy.

Oh dammit.
    Where that'd come from?

Link isn't working, btw. 
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    The edit reason for reverting all my changes to the MLP character page.
  • Kichigai birthday!!
    IJBM: How every non-hideously ugly kid is described as a Cute Shotaro Boy.
  • edited 2011-08-02 18:15:10
    Neo: Take it up in Ask The Tropers. If that stuff truly doesn't apply to the work in question, the mods will side with you, ban-stick in hand.

edit: This is assuming that you've already checked to make certain that the tropes you're removing truly don't apply.
  • edited 2011-08-02 18:20:18
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!
    There was one that I did slip up on, and I ignored that when I did a second sweep.

This one however I particularly hope stays deleted:

>* HotGoddess: No, unless you go FurryFandom that way. But she is drawn more aesthetically - more clean, shiny, "beautiful" and pretty, right down to her voice - compared to the rest of the cast. It's vaguely implied that she's the ideal for equine beauty in Equestria; the beauty parlor in Ponyville has a picture of a pony with her tall and slender proportions, for instance.

Fyi, said god is a horse. Also holy shit is this fanwanky.
     Example: read the last line of Cute Shotaro Boy.

> Checks for context
    > It justs says CSB

Fuck your shit, man.
  • edited 2011-08-02 18:32:14
    It does kind of bug me that we don't have many people knowledgeable in the analysis of fiction on the forums. We have a shitload of math, physics, and computer programming guys, but the representation of the Humanities is pretty much limited to me, Taelor, Zephid, and Bon Sequitur.

And of those guys, one is banned, and one barely posts any more.
  • edited 2011-08-02 18:33:08
    You can change. You can.
    Make that two, actually. Taelor barely posts. Which is sad, really. 
  • Incidentally, has the SA thread covered how often Less Wrong links get posted?
  • Quit being a whiny bitch and man up.
    Wait, if we're going to pure TvT or heretics, fools, and other forms of undesirables; what's that make Eddie?
  • That means that you just need to work 14,000 times harder in order to make up for the rest of us, Myrmi.
  • Neo Crimson: I second the take it to the ask the tropers.  Some of that is odd/creepy/does not belong. 
  • Kino: The Final Boss of TvTropes.
  • Quit being a whiny bitch and man up.
    We can beat him together. :0