If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Characters you wish were in Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom

Comments

• Aye, reminds me that I need to get better with Skull. Though Nick is the main guy I want to get good with.
  • edited 2012-02-18 15:58:54
    Has friends besides tanks now

I feel like Skrull's really tough to get good with, especially if he ends up airborne and you get too trigger-happy and lock yourself into his multi-hit while airborne. It's a pretty good way to get killed on the last stage. <.<

Well, I won the fight, but barely. I noticed, after two times of making that mistake, that I should probably go to Storm.

• I tend to press each button caregul to not get an accidental Tenderizer. Been pretty consistent so far. Until I panic anyways.
  • edited 2012-02-18 16:06:38

Well, at least I just unlocked his ending and I can stop worrying about that. Though I still have to deal with Hsien Ko and her shit range and weird dash.

• LaiLai
    edited 2012-02-18 16:11:22
    I usually pick at least one character I'm good with and let my worst character get the final hit on Galactus.

Maybe you can abuse that Golden Armor Pendulum assist. Hsien-Ko tends to work better as an assist than on the front line.
  • edited 2012-02-18 16:11:32

I don't reuse characters after I win, though; I started with a certain team of 3, and then after I finished with one of them, I replaced just that one. I've gone through over 3/4 of the cast at this point, so I'm on to some characters that are proving to be pretty weird/crappy. I don't just put my best in and have them carry because I can't guarantee that Galactus and his heralds won't stomp their shit or one of my other characters. It's easier to ensure that I'll see some new outcome this way.

• Okay. Don't let me stop you then. Maybe I can brush up on new characters this way too.
  • edited 2012-02-18 16:51:05

There's also the benefit of learning more characters more thoroughly this way and spreading myself out, yeah. I'll go back to my best team when I start Heroes and Heralds.

EDIT: Huh. Turns out Rocket Raccoon is surprisingly good.

• Maggott.

C'mon, you were all thinking it.

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

Managed to beat Galactus with Spider-man after about a billion tries. Now I've done it with Morrigan, Iron Man, and Spidey. 45 more to go.

Also, I can't help but find it hilarious that to call Wesker Spider-man goes 'ALLLLL-BEEEEEERRRRRT~!' I don't know if it's some reference but it cracks me up.

• Has friends besides tanks now

Out of curiosity, what difficulty are you playing? I want to know where I stand compared to IJBMers.

Easy because as much as I love fighting games They definitely do not love me back.

• edited 2012-02-20 19:25:31

Samesies.

I've got eight endings to go (not including the playthrough as Galactus); I still need to win with M.O.D.O.K., Tron, Arthur, Storm, Magneto, Haggar, Rocket Raccoon, and Dormammu.

Also, Taskmaster is surprisingly good. He might even make my top 3.

• >Samesies

asdfghjkl so cute

I usually play as Morrigan. But when I play with my BFFs I'm Spidey, because when your friends are Captain America and Deadpool you've gotta be Spidey for maximum lulz.

• edited 2012-02-18 18:10:20

So far, it's looking like Vergil, X-23, and Taskmaster for me.

I need people to play with.

>I'm Spidey, because when your friends are Captain America and Deadpool you've gotta be Spidey for maximum lulz

...I dun geddit....

But yeah, Morrigan is actually a lot of fun to use and mahgods dat accent. X-23 is actually fun to use and I like her theme song.

Stupid MvC3 trying to make me like X-23.

• edited 2012-02-18 18:13:49

Does X-23's theme song seem a little unfitting, or is that just me not knowing who she really is aside from a female Wolverine clone?

Morrigan was pretty fun to use, but I've found other characters more effective, overall. I dunno. I might test Vergil vs. her to figure out my final line-up or something, for someone to control the battlefield better (lol competitive tactics). Or just have more teams, I guess. That would also make room for Ghost Rider, who also worked pretty well.

I kinda wish Felicia was easier to use. I've got every reason to like her except that she's basically a less efficient X-23 (or at least, she feels like it, and that's how I use her).

• LaiLai
    edited 2012-02-18 18:15:46
    Go away double post.
  • LaiLai
    edited 2012-02-18 18:18:21
    On Arcade difficulty: Mix between Normal anf Easy for me.

On team members: I usually use a variation of Wright, Amaterasu, Skrull, Ghost Rider or Ryu.

I wish I could not suck with Firebrand. He looks fun to use. Logan and Sentinel are easy to use, but I find them unsatisfying to play as.
  • edited 2012-02-18 18:15:36
    MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

^^^Keep in mind, X-23 doesn't really have a concrete character aside from 'girlverine' and some of the ways she's been portrayed can have that tragic aspect I guess.

Felicia seemed like a pretty terrible fighter from my playing her.

• edited 2012-02-18 18:21:27

Felicia seemed like a pretty terrible fighter from my playing her.

Wait, playing as or against her? She worked okay for me; as with any competitive endeavor, I prefer rushdown tactics, so I had an okay time adapting to her. Her mobility kinda kills her, but she's easy enough to pull combos with. She was certainly easier for me to use than Wright, Hsien-Ko, Thor, or Phoenix. Phoenix seriously sucks if you don't know how to use her (and Easy mode AI really does not know how to use her); a single Hyper Combo will take most of her health. Just today, I jumped in against her, at full health, with Storm, hit her twice, comboed into the basic Hyper Combo, and killed her just like that.

• Yeah, Phoenix pretty much has non-existent health. So she goes down quickly. Her most important strategy is don't get hit.

Or "have the rest of the team build up to five gauges, and then send her in, so Dark Phoenix can OCV."

• Right. That. Dark Phoenix can pretty much murder everyone on the other team.

Out of curiosity, I've recently got a Xbox Gold account and I was wondering if any of you would be interested in joining a lobby for a couple of matches.
  • Deadpool sounds a lot like Goku...same actor?

• It's Nolan North. It's different from his usual roles, that's for sure.

• You can change. You can.

>Nolan North

>Usual roles

have you seen this guy's roles? he's all over the place

• He was the defective turrets and the Space, Fact and Adventure spheres in Portal 2, for one thing. 

Jesus, this is gonna be big year for fighters. Soul Calibur V, Blazblue Continuum Shift Extend, Street Fighter Vs. Tekken, and the Persona fighter.

Don't forget Tekken Tag Tournament 2.