If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Characters you wish were in Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom

124»

Comments

• You can change. You can.

Well, yeah, the game is not incomplete or even unplayable, but it's the kind of thing that basically tells you, "In order to fully enjoy this game, you don't have to pay the typical sixty bucks you normally pay. You have to pay five bucks to get this feature and you have to pay ten more for this one over here"

Also, does this fuck up online gaming? Like, if I play with a character you don't have, does it not show or something?

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

I've never had an issue. I mean I bought Vader months after he was available on XBLA and never encountered an issue.

If anything I feel it's like those tie-ins to comic events. (For the sake of argument, let's say it's a good one like Spider-Island) You don't need the tie-in comic with Spider-woman or Hulk but it's there if the character interests you.

• I dislike DLC because it reminds me of a former troper.

• edited 2012-02-21 00:38:41
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

I personally like expansion pack style DLCs that give a good few hours (or more ideally) of content and serves to extend the game's longevity and can act as pseudo-sequels to boot.

Skin and weapon packs can go fuck themselves though. And pre-order/day one DLC is a straight up scam.

• Also, does this fuck up online gaming? Like, if I play with a character you don't have, does it not show or something?

Usually, for characters in fighting games, the content is already on the disc or included in a patch, so all players have the actual content, just not the ability to actually use it.  So it generally will still display even if other people don't have it.  But other types of content might require all players to have purchased it, particularly for things like maps and game modes.  In that case... yes it kind of does fuck up online gaming.

• Has friends besides tanks now

Since I finished all the Arcade endings a while ago, I've decided to tackle Heroes and Heralds. So far, so good, and it's a really fun mode to play. I'm currently playing as Heralds, with X-23, Taskmaster, and Vergil. Haven't lost yet.

I'm the 90% ranges. Shit gets really brutal there. I'm also spending some time in practice mode to get used to certain characters.

• edited 2012-03-01 22:21:25
    Has friends besides tanks now

I got 100% on one of the areas. That last fight came down to the wire, I tell ya.

I'm also at 60% on three of the unlocked areas. Only one or two of those fights ended up being very tough. I'm at 30%-50% on the rest of the places that were available at the start.

I've got them all in the nineties right now... Need to 100% one... >_>

>play UMvC3's Heroes and Heralds mode
    >attempt to fight 5-star opponents at unlockable stages
    >lololololol

Well, looks like it's on to Catherine.

>Thinking Catherine is going to be easier than UMvC3.

That's adorable.

• edited 2012-03-04 08:24:21
    Has friends besides tanks now

I dunno; the last few fights I had felt impossible to win, so . . .

Besides, the reasons for each game being difficult are very different, I would imagine. I had been meaning to play it anyway.

It's okay; Continuum Shift Extend was $35.15 at a store I frequent, so I got that instead. I'll order Catherine online in the meantime, to spare myself some awkwardness.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

Moved to the Media category.

• LaiLai
    edited 2012-03-04 21:34:51

Hmm, should we attempt to schedule in advance if we're ever going to play each other in a Lobby? I've been neglecting my UMvC3 skills while playing Pokemon.