If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Characters you wish were in Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom

Comments

• Not to mention Skullgirls, which seems to be growing in popularity in the fighting game fandom.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    And the Jedi Consular, in one of the most boring performances of his life. :V
  • Kichigai birthday!!

And none of them is coming for Wii!!!!

Yay!

At least we get Smash Bros 4, even if its for WiiU (and most probably won't be released this year)

• Smash Bros 4 is coming to the 3DS too. Damn it, time to start making a plan to get these.
  • It's probably started development by now, seeing as Kid Icarus Uprising wrapped up development not too long ago.

• Kichigai birthday!!

^^ I think they are going to be two different games actually, heard it somewhere

• Even more reason to save up my money then.
  • What characters do you want in the next Smash Bros?

They better make Ridley playable.

• "OMG RIDLEY IZ 2 BIG, U GAIS!"

I want my space dragon.
  • MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

Ghirahim would be cool in Smash Bros.

• Till shade is gone, till water is gone, into the Shadow with teeth bared, screaming defiance with the last breath, to spit in Sightblinder’s eye on the last Day.
    What would be cool, but probably also a terrible idea would be to have Majora's Mask Link, who would work kind of like the Pokemon Trainer.
  • LaiLai
    edited 2012-02-19 20:04:51
    So got some new endings yesterday. MODOK is not my cup of tea. Neither is Thor. Akuma had to do the brunt of the work.
  • So, no takers to my lobby suggestion then? Not like I can do it at the moment since my brother is using the Xbox right now.

I don't have Gold at the moment, sorry. =(

• Dah, okay then. I'll see if anyone else is available, if not, I'll stick with random people.

• edited 2012-02-20 10:05:54
    Kichigai birthday!!

Travis Touchdown.  Suda51 agrees with me

Just bought Jill. She's a lot of fun, and I manage to Hyper Combo K.O. two people during an assist thanks to her. =D

I'm kind of disappointed she's evil armored-up Jill and not wholesome impractically-dressed Jill though. =|

• Stalfos as assist trophy. Yes, their Skyward Sword incarnations are that awesome.

• You can change. You can.

>Bought

tell me it's an ingame store or i will burn everything

Have you not heard of DLC?

that's exactly what i didn't want to hear, actually. --sigh--

I'd make a thread, but fuck that, everybody knows DLC's a horrible horrible thing and there's not much discussion there

I actually like DLC. It elongates a game. I'm

you're kidding right

who am i kidding you're kidding. i know you wouldn't be a fan of artificial lenght

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

everybody knows DLC's a horrible horrible thing and there's not much discussion there

I can't entirely agree there. It's been done right...once or twice...

I think the problem here is that when something new comes along, the games industry just kinda starts flailing wildly.

I'm not going to pretend it's some saving grace of gaming or beautifully artistic. I do think it's a good way for developers to get more money without pissing off people and it's up to the consumer to determine the value of the content. (I haven't spend any money on Arkham City DLC for example)

I think in the case of fighting game  characters it offers more. (Apologism incoming) In the case of the three fighters I've bought (Vader in SC, Valkenhein in BlazBlue, and Jill in MVC3) They've all been fun and unique characters and I certainly think they were worth the five bucks apiece.

The thing is, I just don't see why those characters can't come with the game itself...? I mean, really, you end up paying five bucks for a feature that should've come in with the game

I do agree that it can be done right, but I think that it's abused and done in order to add artificial and expensive lenght to games, and to patch up mistakes that shouldn't be there, like in the case of Fallout 3's stupid ending.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Doesn't always fit with the game. Look at most of Dragon Age's DLC.

• edited 2012-02-20 23:46:47
    MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

Deadlines, budgets, editorial backhandles.... there are a million reasons. The developers wanted MvC3 to have 52 characters for instance but deadlines and budgets were an issue. DLC provides the chance to give a balance character later on.

Potentially they could offer this stuff for free, and wouldn't that be a nice world. As long as I'm dreaming, I'd like  democracy in Iran.

Bleh, it just seems so artificial. 

Also, really, I just think that in the case of deadlines and budgets, you should have these things planned beforehand. And let's face it, chances are the plan wasn't to have the 52 characters come with the game itself, but to have some of them come via DLC. 

That's potentially true, but the way I see it it's not like the game itself is incomplete except in extreme cases. It's up to the buyer to decide if it's worth their money. DLC is often abused but I definitely feel in the case of fighters (especially with Blazblue's low number of them) they do significantly add to them and allow developers to provide a stronger game.