If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Pokémon Battling

edited 2012-01-28 16:20:57 in Media
a little muffled

Has very little to do with cell phones.

Comments

• MORONS! I'VE GOT MORONS ON MY PAYROLL!

What if I threw my cell phone at a pokemon?

• Cell phone Pokemon for Gen VI.

• It wouldn't be very effective.

• OOOooooOoOoOOoo, I'm a ghoOooOooOOOost!

And now, of course, we're going to have a cell phone thread about Pokemon and a Pokemon thread about cell phones :P

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

^^^Only if it's signature move was spamming texts at you 2-5 times per turn.

• edited 2012-01-28 16:56:46
    No rainbow star
    Wasn't there a bootleg game where you had to capture "pokemon" using a cell phone?
  • "I will grant you two wishes; one for each testicle."

But...

You can get Pokemon Online for Android phones...

• a little muffled

Oh yeah!

• No rainbow star
    ^^ But not for jail broken iPhones?
  • "I will grant you two wishes; one for each testicle."

^ Jail broken iPhones that can run Android?

• Can I get some context for this thread, please?

• Has friends besides tanks now

http://itjustbugsme.com/forums/discussion/9627/i-wish-all-people-who-left-on-their-cell-phones-during-performancesmoviesetc.-got-this-treatment

Also: I love how Nyktos beat me 4-0 one time when we played yesterday, then the next by even more, and then I went back a little later and won 4-0.

What I don't love is being challenged by random people I don't know on the Smogon server. How much would it take to actually get an IJBM server? I don't want to hang around and get stomped by people who know the metagame already or gain some sort of reputation as a guy who just hangs around, but I'd like to keep battling.

• a little muffled

Really? Odd, I've never actually been challenged. I don't think you'll get a reputation just for ignoring challenges though. And if you want to get better at battling, playing people who know the metagame is going to be better practice than playing people who don't. (Also, most of the people there aren't really that great, I probably have something like a 50% win rate since I started playing on there despite having known literally nothing about the BW meta when I started.)

• edited 2012-01-29 17:42:09
    Has friends besides tanks now

I know that. I'd just prefer not to get smack-talked by people I don't know when I get myself whooped running a fairly generic Sun team.

And I got challenged by two people; the first I accepted, even though they were running Dream World OU; I led with the disclaimer that I would probably suck; they said they'd suck, too, and after I took a few minutes to decide what to do, they forfeited. The next guy, I just declined (I had already closed the server window, but apparently even just leaving the team window up is enough to still be considered online).

• a little muffled

I know that. I'd just prefer not to get smack-talked by people I don't know when I get myself whooped running a fairly generic Sun team.

I had the exactly the same worry (even to the point that I at first used a different username so as to not look like an idiot with my main name), but other than one guy who decided to vent his irrational hatred of Heatran, it hasn't happened at all.

• Has friends besides tanks now

I suppose I only have one more question, then: will people treat me better or worse on such a competitive server if I inform them ahead of time that I'm a newbie, or if I just don't tell them/talk to them at all, or what, do you think?

• a little muffled

Eh, I never mentioned it. Other than maybe saying gg at the end, people don't really seem to chat much.

• If that don't work, use more gun.

Yeah, I rarely find people who chat, other than people I know.

If any of you have Pokemon Online, I'd be happy to battle you guys sometime.

• edited 2012-01-29 22:15:18
    a little muffled

I'd be cool with that sometime. I have a standard team and I keep meaning to getting around to making a UU team.

• No rainbow star

Getting it now

I'll be Icalasari on there

• No rainbow star

I only have three Pokemon right now and am unfamiliar with the current metagame (not to mention that two of my three Pokemon are more experimental varieties...)

• Pokemon Online, what's that?

• a little muffled

@Icalasari: Shedinja. Shedinja is always the answer.

@Counterclock: Pokémon battle simulator.

• No rainbow star
    ^ Except when it isn't
  • a little muffled

...Nope, can't think of any situations in which it isn't the answer.

• If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

You're facing a Fire-type with Fire Spin

• No rainbow star
    ^^ Sandstorm
    Spikes
    Stealth Rock
    A Pokemon faster than it
    Hail
  • If you must eat a phoenix, boil it, do not roast it. This only encourages their mischievous habits.

Poison Powder

• No rainbow star
    Toxic
  • a little muffled

Sandstorm/Hail/Stealth Rock still allow it to switch in, scout a move, and die for a revenge kill.

It learns multiple priority moves so faster things aren't a problem really.

It really is best as a lead to avoid entry hazards though.