If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Pokémon Battling

Comments

• Has friends besides tanks now

I think we're all sorta newbies here anyway, so it'd be fine. Though I would like to try my hand at Ubers at some point. But I'd rather try UU first.

• a little muffled

I'm here again if people want to battle. I'd prefer UU but since nobody seems to have that OU is okay.

• edited 2012-02-20 20:23:05
    Has friends besides tanks now

Okay. I'll work on a UU team after tomorrow, but for now I want to see about finishing that match we started. I'll only have time for the one match, though. After that, if Lai is still on, I think his team is UU, if not lower tier.

• I'm still on. Just need to practice some stuff for my piano class. So, I'll see if I can battle later today.

Just got an idea for a nice trolleriffic UU team. I'll probably try it out tomorrow, what with the Pokemon: Tabletop Adventures game being today. But I have one, at least.

Anyone on this late and up for a match or two? I'm on a bit of a Pokemon kick at the moment, so I don't want to go to bed, but I dunno if anyone's even on.

• edited 2012-02-23 22:50:38
    No rainbow star

I'm on, but I only use up to 4th gen Pokemon at the moment and only know that meta game, so it may be an unfair match depending on how much you know

Fair enough.

Where'd ya go, Lai?

• LaiLai
    edited 2012-02-23 23:07:20

I'm still here. I was expecting you to challenge me again. Or was I supposed to make a new UU team?

• No rainbow star

Hmm... I only have three Pokemon as well so far...

Anyways, which room? And username? (Mine is Icalasari)

^^ Did you have a UU team ready? If not, I can switch to OU. But I don't see your name lsited on the Smogon server.

• LaiLai
    edited 2012-02-23 23:09:41

I'm in Smogon University and I'm still Lai.

^ You don't? Strange. I don't think I actually left the Smogon server. You know, I think I'll stick with the team I have now. I'll try to make a UU team next time (Unless my team already is UU and damn it, this is getting confusing for me!)

• edited 2012-02-23 23:11:21

Okay. I'll switch, then. But you'll probably have to challenge me, since I don't see your name upon reentering.

Neva mind, there you are.

• No rainbow star

...So I guess no battle for me

Huh

• Okay, simple enough.

• edited 2012-02-23 23:25:45

IJBM: My mind focuses on a certain role, without regard for typing: "oh, I'll send in the--why the fuck did I send a Ferrothorn in on a Fire type?!"

Care for a rematch? I can't just play one game and stop. :P

• LaiLai
    edited 2012-02-23 23:27:31

Re: My thoughts sending Ursaring against Infernape.

"Eh... when in desperation, oh crap, I forgot Ursaring's a Normal Type!"

"Er... Scrafty? No, I also forgot you were part Dark Type!"

Sure thing.

• No rainbow star

In my case I just like to annoy my opponent as much as possible :3

My Electrode is VERY useful for this purpose

• edited 2012-02-23 23:28:46

^^ Well, at that point there wasn't really anything that could handle it, so I figured your sending Ursaring in was just confirmation of that.

^ That's basically the objective of my UU team. But I dunno how well it'll work.

• No rainbow star

^ My Electrode forced an Aerodactyl lead to switch, and my Sceptile made a person rage quit

If you have a good moveset, you can pull it off well

• Good game, Everest. That match was really close. I'll probably want something like Extremespeed if the situation calls for it.

• edited 2012-02-23 23:50:09

Electrode forcing an Aerodactyl to switch sounds right; it's faster, and it has super-effective moves. As for Sceptile, I could also see that happening.

Basically, the team I have is all walls; Bronzong, Whimsicott (I could probably find something more efficient, but goddamn I love this pokemon), Blastoise, Dusclops, Umbreon, and Togekiss. Status affects ahoy, and Blastoise can also dish out decent damage, and Togekiss can be a late game sweeper or something, on top of parahaxing.

^ Good game, indeed. Reminds me of why I use Jolteon instead of Magnezone. That Lilligant is highly effective, though; I wish I could fit in a counter for Sleep Powder, besides "try to get Infernape/Jolteon in and whale on it". And the "U-turn in weakened death fodder for a second swing" thing is working out much better than I expected.

Aww, I should have saved a log.

• edited 2012-02-23 23:50:12
    No rainbow star

^ Actually, I forced it to switch by having the following set:

Speed Boosting, Defense Lowering nature (I forget what nature it was)

NO item

-Thief
    -Thunderbolt (Although in this generation that will be Electroball)
    -Light Screen
    -Explosion

What I did was steal its Focus Band. It used Earthquake. I survived. Realized they were in deep shit, they switched

I fucked up SO many strategies with that set because nobody expects it! They all automatically assume that a Pokemon has an item!

It only really works with Electrode because it's so fast that even a Choice Scarf'd Pokemon has troubles keeping up

Oh. I figured you'd just Bolt it. But I don't know that metagame, and apparently Aerodactyls run Focus Bands instead of Choice items/Life Orbs.

• LaiLai
    edited 2012-02-23 23:58:38

I think I have a log saved. I tend to always turn those options on when I can.

EDIT: Move faster, replays!

• No rainbow star

^ No matter what, it messes them up

The Electrode isn't mean to have staying power. It's to mess up their Pokemon's chances at surviving because suddenly they are without an item that is a key part of the set. If the Electrode DOES survive, you set up a Light Screen/Reflect. Still alive? T Bolt. Once it's low on health/It has a choice item, Explosion to do as much damage as possible

My Sceptile ran Lum Berry, Thunderpunch, Seed Bomb (I think. That's the special seed attack, right? Been a while), Dragon Pulse, and Grass Whistle

That one is more of a, "If this works, they are gonna be PIIIIIISSSSED..."

• edited 2012-02-23 23:57:52

^^ Oh. Cool. So, how does sharing a log work with PO?

• LaiLai
    edited 2012-02-24 00:01:31

I'm not sure. I was thinking of copying the files and then sending them to you via email or file sharing.

And apparently logs are different than replays, huh.

Whatever works for you. If it ends up being email, I can PM you my email address.

• LaiLai
    edited 2012-02-24 00:04:10

I think email can work. I'll send the logs. And I thought said logs would be a text file, but it's a HTML. I hope that can work.