If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Pokémon Battling

Comments

• No rainbow star
    My Electrode would destroy it
  • edited 2012-01-30 10:40:43
    If that don't work, use more gun.

Shedinja's actually pretty good in Ubers.  Poor Kyogre can't touch the thing.

• edited 2012-01-30 10:06:17
    No rainbow star
    Shedinja (at least in gen 4) tended to do well in Ubers and UU, but not well in OU, making it an odd nut
  • a little muffled

Shut up Shedinja is totally the best Pokémon in every tier and I refuse to believe anything else.

• But you never had any to begin with.

Shut up Absol is totally the best Pokémon in every tier and I refuse to believe anything else.

Fixed that for you.

• a little muffled

no u

• I'll just leave this here...

• Has friends besides tanks now

So, I have a new team I want to try out on Pokemon Online. Any takers?

• Kichigai birthday!!

^^ Why are there Touhou games with Pokemon gameplay but no Pokemon games with Touhou gameplay?

• I'd like to say "Because Pokémon fans aren't as batshit insane as Tōhō fans" but I know that's not true.

Also, that's DoDonPachi, son.

• There might be one out there, but good luck finding it under the mountains upon mountains of sophomoric and half-assed Kill Kill Kill The Pokegayz flashes that don't know that a shoot-em-up is a completely different genre.

• Kichigai birthday!!

^^ All danmaku games look similar to me

• edited 2012-02-19 15:17:24

But DoDonPachi is the only one with a giant bee as the main boss.  Well, I guess the others in the series too.

• I concur. They all start to blend together in my eyes.
  • But you never had any to begin with.

^^ Actually, Hibachi's a bonus boss.

• edited 2012-02-19 15:22:56

Ah, right.

In any case, giant bee danmaku = Don Pachi more than any other shmup I am aware of. 

• No rainbow star
    I really should finish Pokemon Black so I can get into the Metagame >.<

Who says you have to finish it to get into the Metagame? Unless you mean actual Wi-Fi battles on the game, or something. I'm skipping the video games entirely and making teams in Pokemon Online.

• No rainbow star
    Blind nuzlocke

We need more people here playing this thing. >:[

• Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

^I would but I haven't touched the metagame since gen 4. I'd probably be more rusty than a 12 year old bike chain.

• LaiLai
    edited 2012-02-19 20:33:11
    Just where do I get this thing anyways? It sounds interesting despite me having little to no knowledge on Gen 5 metagame or Pokemon metagaming in general.
  • edited 2012-02-19 20:34:48
    Has friends besides tanks now

I'll PM the link to you.

^^ If yoy end up wanting to, I'd say just think of which Pokemon you think are cool, see which ones fit into which tiers, and try to build around that. Marriland's Team Builder helps with that, as does looking up their strategies.

• Thanks. I'll look into it once I get home.
  • Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

^^That's not what I meant. I could make a decent team just by looking at stats and movepools, but my prediction skills would still be crap.

• edited 2012-02-19 20:49:29

Oh. Well, I dunno if anyone here is particularly good at predictions, given how one-sided my matches with Nyktos were (regardless of who won them). For all I know, Lai might be a contender, though. :P

But if anything, that would make it easier to get into.

• edited 2012-02-19 20:52:03
    Give us fire! Give us ruin! Give us our glory!

Well, I could dig up my old team and adjust it based on new Gen 5 stuff.

• edited 2012-02-19 22:46:05
    a little muffled

@Everest: Oh, hey, I was busy today. I'd be happy to battle tomorrow. Standard or what? I've mostly been playing UU lately, but I can pull out the Standard team again no problem.

Also my prediction skills are largely crap for this gen. Hell, I usually have to have Smogon open in another window so I can look up what the standard sets for things are, or even the type/stats of new mons.

• Kay, done setting up my first team. So, how do I find you guys to play against? I kind of just picked Pokemon I liked regardless where they're in NU/UU/OU.

• edited 2012-02-20 07:35:01

The tier of your team is decided by the highest tier among your pokemon; it you have, for instance, one OU pokemon and five UU on a team, the team is still OU.

^^ Ah. Sorry. Whenever you guys are around, I'll try to be on today for at least a few games. I was thinking OU for the moment, but I might try to make an UU team in the future.