If you have an email ending in @hotmail.com, @live.com or @outlook.com (or any other Microsoft-related domain), please consider changing it to another email provider; Microsoft decided to instantly block the server's IP, so emails can't be sent to these addresses.
If you use an @yahoo.com email or any related Yahoo services, they have blocked us also due to "user complaints"
-UE

Pokémon Battling

Comments

• If that don't work, use more gun.

Anyone up for an OU battle?  I'll be on the Pokemon Online server.

Also, replays work in real time for the record.  Use this site instead.

• Has friends besides tanks now

Sure. I'll be there in a sec.

Hand on, I seem to have disconnected.  Uh, try the Smogon Server instead.

• edited 2012-02-24 10:11:26
    Has friends besides tanks now

Okay.

EDIT: Good games. Breloom is a monster; I definitely need to find a counter for it, since Jolteon's Hidden Power (Ice) can't OHKO it.

• No rainbow star
    ^ Oh dear god Sporeloom...
  • edited 2012-02-24 12:09:40

It's actually even worse now; Breloom has the new ability Poison Heal, so it can slap on a Toxic Orb and heal for more than Leftovers would have given it, while rendering it immune to other statuses, and the counter for sleep ending resets when you switch a sleeping pokemon out.

Also, not sure if the new team is awesome idea or horrible idea: Breloom, Celebi, Heatran, Cloyster, Tentacruel, and Gastrodon. It's supposed to be a troll team (I would run TormenTran, but someone's gotta puts Stealth Rocks up). I don't know what sort of synergy it has, though, besides a CeleTran core.

Yeah, Breloom's really devastating to deal with if you don't have a way to take it out.  Even if you do have a counter, if you switch it in, you either have it spored, or have to deal with a substitute.  After which, said Pokemon's ass will be kicked HARD.

Also, at one point in time, I got into a very strange and offensive battle.

• edited 2012-02-24 15:14:36

What the--

Jeezus.

Oh, hey, are you still on? I'm going to try to finalize a new team, and I want to see how poorly it fares at the start.

• a little muffled

Breloom had Poison Heal last gen too.

You around, Everest? I'm up to UU.

It did? But okay, it's time to try out that UU team.

• edited 2012-02-24 15:47:06
    If that don't work, use more gun.

Alright.  It might take me quite a few minutes.  Which server?

EDIT: Found it.

• edited 2012-02-24 16:13:38
    "I will grant you two wishes; one for each testicle."

If anybody's interested, I'm on Smogon, too.

• edited 2012-02-24 16:22:09

^ Cool. I'll have to play some other time; I go to dad's house now.

Also, great game, Marioguy. I think I'm in love with stallwars.

Gliscor really made a difference. But in addition to that for Breloom, I need a better counter for Scarfed Landorus.

• edited 2012-02-24 16:38:19

Uuuuuuuhhhhhhhhggggggghhhhhhhhhh. Horrible playing on my part and luck just was not on my side! Oh, and the match turned into a GIGANTIC stallfest at the end.  Also, HAX!  Oh, Earthquake just HAD to crit on poor Cerebella there.  Not really a fan of stallwars since they're SO BORING, AND DRAG ON, I LACK PATIENCE, AND JUST UUUUUUHHHHHHGGGGGGGGHHHHHH!!  I pretty much just lose all passion in them since nothing of significance is happening.  Probably should've just forfieted there since it was obvious I was gonna lose.  That, and I had pretty important things to do.

Hmm, normally I can deal with Gliscor pretty easily.  But HAX!  Oh how I loathe HAX!

I'm just glad I beat you for once. Plus, I'm just trolly enough that I can stallwar all day. Also, hax is part of the game, dude.

Hmm. I wonder if it's worth running a scarf on Jolteon, for those times when I absolutely have to be the fastestest. I might have saved myself some trouble by HP Ice'ing Landorus at the start.
  • edited 2012-02-24 17:14:23

Quick feet does the same thing the scarf does, except it doesn't limit you to one move.  I'd say stick with Flame Orb.

Also, hax is part of the game, dude.

*twitch* A very aggravating part of it.  And that's all I'll say on the matter.

I'm just glad I beat you for once.

Was bound to happen.  Using the same team over and over leads to predictability. 

Also you got lucky there *grumble grumble* :P.

I need a better counter for Scarfed Landorus.

I wouldn't focus on countering just one Pokemon there buddy.  Just cause one person uses it, doesn't mean everyone else does.  Focusing on just one Pokemon to counter will lead to your team being countered by many others.  Trust me on this.

• edited 2012-02-24 17:13:07
    That's why I run Quick Feet. Except that it doesn't take effect until the end of the turn, which is why Landorus took Jolteon out.

And I figure that a counter for one thing has practical application in other aspects of the game. Although if it were up to me, Landorus would be in Ubers.
  • edited 2012-02-24 17:19:28

Although if it were up to me, Landorus would be in Ubers.

It's not THAT powerful.  Powerful, but not broken.  Funny thing is, everyone was thinking that, but Thundurus got sent up there instead.  And I can see why.

• edited 2012-02-24 17:48:15

Now I'm on smogon for real, playing UU.

• LaiLai
    edited 2012-02-24 17:55:32

Hmm, I should look into these UU/OU tiers and make a dedicated team for those respective tiers. I also have a new team to test out. I have some school work to finish, so I'll probably be on around 5 PST.

• Think I got a UU team up to test. Anyone up for a battle?

• edited 2012-02-24 19:15:41

Sure. Meet at Smogon: my trainer name is MrMe05.

Nice game, Lai.

I personally like Onyx's set. It's the kind of a frustrating, and Tormenting (literally) set that can warrant you quite a few kills if you use it right. Shame that Sucker Punch's PP is so low, though.

• LaiLai
    edited 2012-02-24 23:31:14

Yeah, it really screwed me over. I still have another team to test. It's more a mixture of Pokemon I like and Pokemon I think can work on this team. Care for a rematch with this new team?

• Kay, back. Anyone ready to battle me?

Hey, Lai, are you still on? Care for an OU match?

• Sure thing.

Huh. Didn't expect the new team to work so well. I only changed two Pokemon and altered one moveset.

Hey, Marioguy, up for a battle or two?

Nah, gotta go to sleep.  Sorry dude.